Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Can the Wii U run PCARS?

Kart Driver
    The Wii U version was always a "maybe"?

I think a lot of Nintendo fans will be even more angry now.

It's possible that they thought behind the scenes that the Wii U version is a "maybe" but if you look at how Slightly Mad talked about that version in public, there was no indication of that. The Wii U version was announced. Period.

They made a mistake because they didn't make their plans clear. Even after the delay they promised that it will be released...

But he is probably right on the Crowdfunding thing. This stupid "Slightly Mad cheated Nintendo fans and took their money!" rubbish is very annoying.

Anyway I'm done with this Project Cars Wii U discussions. If it comes out for Wii U I'll buy it and support it and if not then not.
    The following user likes this Post: webnomad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChris1 View Post
    The Wii U version was always a "maybe"?

I think a lot of Nintendo fans will be even more angry now.

It's possible that they thought behind the scenes that the Wii U version is a "maybe" but if you look at how Slightly Mad talked about that version in public, there was no indication of that. The Wii U version was announced. Period.

They made a mistake because they didn't make their plans clear. Even after the delay they promised that it will be released...

But he is probably right on the Crowdfunding thing. This stupid "Slightly Mad cheated Nintendo fans and took their money!" rubbish is very annoying.

Anyway I'm done with this Project Cars Wii U discussions. If it comes out for Wii U I'll buy it and support it and if not then not.
    So much this. They never, ever said publicly that Wii U version was supposed to be a maybe. It was announced. It's been a version shown in their videos this whole time. I'm ridiculously disappointed in this studio right now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: UMadBro, webnomad

Platform
    PC
    I dont care enough about Nintendo guys to do an article about this. The wii u is a gimmick console designed to capitalize on the popularity of iPads. Youre dumb if you bought one.

So i agree with ian that developing for the wii u is a waste of time. The console cant handle pCars.

However, everyone knew at release that the Wii U was underpowered - why spend two years making hyperbolic press releases about how great the Wii U version is, only to run into roadblocks that everybody knew were coming? Yall have gone from "pCars is amazing on the Wii U" to "oh god we cant make it run on the Wii U."

I dont agree with your approach to marketing the other versions of the game (its nowhere near the best sim ever( but what youve done with the wii u game is comically bad.
    The following user likes this Post: blackmercury

Platform
    PC
    Seems this thread wont just die, so I'm going to kill it.
    Ians various posts explain the situation.
    Posts which he need not have made. He could have just kept quiet and not been up front about things.

Like it or hate it, rants and insults wont change a thing.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Bigger Than Dave, David McKenna, Freak_Lord, Pink_650S, Yuyuko