Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Answered fix coming in patch 1.5] Gear shift problems using controller

Platform
    PS4

[Answered fix coming in patch 1.5] Gear shift problems using controller

This is starting to be a bigger problem. I have seen one or 2 posts about this but no real answers.

I can be shifting up 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 then suddenly ill shift to 5th and it will drop me to 1st. This has been happening in the aston martin gt3 vantage alot, at least 1-2 times a race.

Ive also had the more comon issue of missing gears when up shifting from say 3rd will jump to 6th.
    Last edited by lordymatsuo; 13-06-2015 at 06:56.
    Clean Racing on PS4 Visit : www.matsuoracing.com
    > We have hundreds of members but don't let that intimidate you, you will soon get to know the regulars and enjoy your racing with us
    > We have races every night of the week
    > All skill levels welcome as long as you race clean

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I had this problem using the buttons to shift. I remapped to the triggers and the problem stopped.

Platform
    PS4
    This has happened to me earlier on before I adjusted controller. Thought it was from accidental double press of trigger, but the other night it happened going into first turn of Dubai Autodrome International. 5th gear, clicked down 1 time and was in 2nd.

Now I'm aussie, sh!t Internet here, so I know lag in its different forms. This seemed like lag but was not lag. Thats how id describe what happened on my screen. Why I know that it wasn't lag? Because if it was lag by myself or another player our track position (and I mean to the millimetre of where our cars were on the track) would have changed, but didn't alter at all. 5 cars close and 3 wide entered braking zone, the game 'stuttered' and 1 or 2 seconds later we continued all in same place in relation to each other but closer to corners apex. U could say all 5 lagged at exactly the same time in different parts of the world or maybe point to server, idk. It was weird.

Platform
    PS4
    Ah thats interesting, i also changed my map to triangle and square i wonder if thats the problem because it happens all the time to me but not that common here on the forums. Devs can you look into this i use triggers for accelerate and brake and using the top bumpers for gears is just clumsy for my hands.
    > We have hundreds of members but don't let that intimidate you, you will soon get to know the regulars and enjoy your racing with us

Platform
    PS4
    Mods please make sure this is on the bug list sticky?

It would appear to replicate the issues you need to re-map the up/down shift buttons from R1/L1 to say Square and X, race with that configuration for about an hour and you will probably experience this gear shift issue many times.

All my tests were in the Aston Martin GT3 Vantage if you also want to check if it's only on certain cars.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lordymatsuo View Post
    This is starting to be a bigger problem. I have seen one or 2 posts about this but no real answers.

I can be shifting up 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 then suddenly ill shift to 5th and it will drop me to 1st. This has been happening in the aston martin gt3 vantage alot, at least 1-2 times a race.

Ive also had the more comon issue of missing gears when up shifting from say 3rd will jump to 6th.
    I have been searching for others that have had this problem. I have 2 videos showing the random drop to 1st gear here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URRXLHMOSjs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jlwcfWS984

This has been driving me crazy... I would estimate it happens roughly once every 10-30 minutes of in-game driving (enough to blow an engine practically every race weekend).

My setup is as follows:
    DualShock 4
    Manual shifting, Automatic Clutch
    Gear Up - Square Button
    Gear Down - Cross Button
    Clutch - Unmapped

I have been racing Clio Cup for most of the last week, so my experience is all in this car. However, it seems to be a bug affecting the controller mapping, rather than a car or setup.

At the moment, I don't know what to do - use Auto until this is fixed, or learn a new button config (not ideal).

Has this been acknowledged yet?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Remap the buttons to triggers

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirategenius View Post
    Remap the buttons to triggers
    I appreciate you are most likely just trying to help, but this is not a good solution.
    I use the triggers for Accelerate and Brake, and it is not at all feasible to shift using triggers. Even the use of the L1/R1 bumpers is impractical with this setup.

When something doesn't work - it is not the responsibility of the user to adapt around the error, but of the developer to fix the issue.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I have ran into this issue plenty of times with a controller.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I follow most of the bug discussions with interest.. But with this one, I don't think I have ever seen it.. I am using X and 'Square' as my shift up/down and don't think I have ever seen a double shift.