Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOOST a the starting line!?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

BOOST a the starting line!?

I noticed we get a BOOST if we push down the throttle at the right time after the light goes green. WHY? Isn't this supposed to be simulator? It's not Need for Speed of Grand Theft Auto! I wish I got a boost in my real car when I press the throttle at the right time after the light turns green...

Platform
    PC
    When reporting something like this, please add a video to show what you're experiencing. I never have experienced any 'boost', only AI who are slow to get off the starting line...
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I wish I got a boost in my real car when I press the throttle at the right time
    Is your real car a race car though....
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PC
    Yes please, I don't understand what is the behavior you're getting. Actually, this weekend I've made about 200 race starts in different track/cars since I was lame at those and I needed some practice.

Never found anything like you describe (either that or I'm not understanding completely what you're saying)
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    Yes please, I don't understand what is the behavior you're getting. Actually, this weekend I've made about 200 race starts in different track/cars since I was lame at those and I needed some practice.

Never found anything like you describe (either that or I'm not understanding completely what you're saying)
    I've been doimg the same, I'm awful at starts, and like to start at theback. However i try and keep out of the ai in race for the first halflap as i can 90% guarantee being rammed or them launching across chicanes into me
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Platform
    PC
    I have found... many times actually... that in online races, other players are able to jump start with ease, always leaving me in the dust.
    And as you described, it looks like they have a boost or something.

I remember though that if you modulate the clutch pedal at the start (even if auto-clutch is ON), you're able to perform better from a stand still.
    Better than the auto-clutch though.

I'll give it a try tonight.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
    CPU: i5-7600K @4.63GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming A8G
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Oculus Touch Controllers
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N, nVidia WHQL Drivers 388.31
    The following user likes this Post: Tommaso Rossato

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It possible to Start a little earlier without penalty

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Further put 1.Gear in and use clutch and Gas

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JayChristmas View Post
    That is true and was one of my takeaways of the weekend You can do a few milliseconds before but it's risky, if you over-trust yourself, you'll end-up with a penalty.

Other thing that worked perfectly to me, It was to release 60% of clutch and keep brakes on hard, once the green light appears, release everything (but throttle, obviously) and modulate the gas input for minimum wheelspin
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

The following user likes this Post: MULTIVITZ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    When reporting something like this, please add a video to show what you're experiencing. I never have experienced any 'boost', only AI who are slow to get off the starting line...
    Well, the thing is, I don't know when exactly to press the throttle. I got it by chance in my last race but forgot to save the recording. Hopefully Franco Ferrari can verify.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Is your real car a race car though....
    It is not, however, if it was, it shouldn't have a boost. That would be against the rules cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco Ferrari View Post
    I have found... many times actually... that in online races, other players are able to jump start with ease, always leaving me in the dust.
    And as you described, it looks like they have a boost or something.

I remember though that if you modulate the clutch pedal at the start (even if auto-clutch is ON), you're able to perform better from a stand still.
    Better than the auto-clutch though.

I'll give it a try tonight.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JayChristmas View Post

Further put 1.Gear in and use clutch and Gas
    Yes, but that wouldn't be very fair now would it?