Thread: Playseat Challenge and Thrustmaster T300RS Question

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Lol, i'm only 93 kg. ( Metric:-) )

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdave View Post
    I have a playseat challenge, and t100 set up in my Shed, and love it, really adds to the game
    Attachment 204624
    That looks really nice actually. How are the pedals mounted to it? Can you get an attachment to mount the shifter too?
    PS4 + Astro A50's + Fanatec 911 Turbo s + WheelStand Pro + T300RS+ Playseat Challenge + Manual + No Assists

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I havnt got a shifter, but found this picture, pedals have a Velcro strap around them onto a drop down bar, doesn't sound great, but it is solid, and mine don't move around.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E3-Playseat-Challenge-0171-sml.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	204671

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by DnBasshead007 View Post
    I am currently researching play seats since I can finally purchase a wheel (T300RS with T3PA pedals) and have come across the Playseat Challenge. This seat would be perfect for my current situation since I can't buy a full blown rig and don't want the center pole of a wheelstand pro (unless its my only option) and it easily folds up and stores out of the way. Inside Sim Racing gave it a pretty good review using a T500. I have a couple of questions for the community. First does anyone own this seat? If so how does it hold up for the wheel you are using? I am particularly interested if anyone is using it with a T300 RS and how well it mounts to the chair and how the chair holds up to the FFB. Thanks!
    i have had a playseat challenge for about a year, mostly using dfgt on gt6, unless you're over 6'2" it's pretty comfortable. i now have a t500 and the frame work supports it well. my guess is it would be fine for t300
    ps4 pro - playseat challenge - t500rs XVR-Racing (psn community) psnid RSlicker

Platform
    PS4
    I'm torn between this and GT Omega Wheel Stand.... It's the price mainly.
    PS4 + Astro A50's + Fanatec 911 Turbo s + WheelStand Pro + T300RS+ Playseat Challenge + Manual + No Assists

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Here's the Inside Sim Racing review of the playseat challenge for anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://www.isrtv.com/reviews/playsea...enge-reviewed/

Thanks for everyone who has put in your honest 2 cents.
    The following user likes this Post: Luke Townsend

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I have the playseat challenge and a t300 mounted to it - I'm 6ft 4in, weigh 95kg (ish). Highly recommend- great driving position and very comfortable. Way better than a wheel stand IMO. I had a wheel stand pro v2 - but sitting upright driving on my couch was very uncomfortable (lower back) so I sold it. I even mounted a buttkicker gamer 2 to the playseat- works well.
    It's a quality product..
    The following user likes this Post: DnBasshead007

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by PureMalt77 View Post
    hi there,

I also got a the Playseat Challenge with the T300RS, and no problems at all!
    As mentioned by GraySmithMusic, a little movement up/down on the base, but minimal, do not affect driving in any way.

And as a tip: I also ordered the H-shifter, which I've attached using a RAM mount. Can post some picture over the weekend (on a business trip now, so far away from my rig!)

I'm 1,80m, 75Kg (sorry, only know in metrical system!!!), and is very stable...
    If you want to improve the stability of the wheel deck and greatly reduce that up/down movement try a bit of duck tape. Basically there is no hinge just one tube inside another, the fact that they don't fit perfectly and there is a tiny gap leads to unwanted movement.. Cut 4 strips of duck tape about the size of your little finger and stick them one on top of the other inside the outer tube, make sure the ends of the strips are taped over the end onto the outside of the tube(stops the tape getting pushed inside), now when you work the inner tube of the deck into the outer you will have a very solid fit and much reduced movement.
    On the other side it's even easier, just put 4 tiny strips on the bottom of the cup where the decks tube rests, when you tighten the lock you get the same effect" on both sides..tighter fit, less movement, Enjoy..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    T500 and T300 have identical mounting for both wheel stand and pedals. Makes it easy'ish to choose your seat, stand

Kart Driver
    I've ordered the t300 / Playseat challenge as a bundle, it worked nicely, untill the T300 died two weeks ago. Technical support is really nothing to write home about...

Other people with issues here as well:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...2-T300-RS-Dead