Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Invalid current and next lap

Platform
    PC

Thumbs up Invalid current and next lap

I find most artificial timing penalties frustrating, but this is awful. 'current lap' invalid is fair and makes sense, but next lap as well? WTF?
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    MSI Z87-GD65 Nvidia
    GTX7700
    16GB Ram
    Logitech G27
    The following user likes this Post: NegMaron

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Invalid next lap only happens when you gain advantage on some of the last corners of the track. Prevents you from gaining an advatage to next lap, example on some tracks if you cut the last corner,you get much higher speed when starting next lap than you never would driving inside track.
    | Core i7 5820K | ASUS X99M WS| 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 | GTX 980Ti 6GB | Kingston HyperX 480GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Fractal Design Define C Mini |
    | Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | Seasonic 660w Platinium | Thrustmaster TX (T3PA pedals) & GT Omega Evo | Samsung C32HG70 32" 2560x1440 monitor |

Steam ID: johnnyw84
    The following 3 users likes this Post: dominiczeth, madmax2069, Niveous21

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Varis View Post
    Invalid next lap only happens when you gain advantage on some of the last corners of the track.
    In my exprience that is not true. I feel it happens if you go off anywhere in the whole last section of the track.
    Windows 8.1 - Intel i5-4460 3.2GHz - 8GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 - Logitech G27
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Brent G, evanzo7, KK78, NegMaron, Pink_650S

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I find the same. Every time I have been hit with it, it has usually been when I have been off track completely and lost time.
    The following user likes this Post: evanzo7

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LCJ View Post
    I feel it happens if you go off anywhere in the whole last section of the track.
    ^ This is true.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following user likes this Post: evanzo7

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LCJ View Post
    In my exprience that is not true. I feel it happens if you go off anywhere in the whole last section of the track.
    This is the way it is. On Lemans if you go off on the fast s curves you will invalidate the next lap time aswell. This makes no sense because there is a very slow s bend, and another s bend that is even slower.
    The following user likes this Post: Joni Varis

Platform
    PC
    it's annoying, but not as bad as Assetto Corsa's "solution", of making you slow down for a set period.
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    MSI Z87-GD65 Nvidia
    GTX7700
    16GB Ram
    Logitech G27

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I cant see how it is annoying, you know the tracks has the white lines on both sides there for reason
    | Core i7 5820K | ASUS X99M WS| 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 | GTX 980Ti 6GB | Kingston HyperX 480GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Fractal Design Define C Mini |
    | Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | Seasonic 660w Platinium | Thrustmaster TX (T3PA pedals) & GT Omega Evo | Samsung C32HG70 32" 2560x1440 monitor |

Steam ID: johnnyw84
    The following user likes this Post: dominiczeth

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    The theory is that although you might come off and it makes you lose time in that moment, it could enable you to take a different line off the last corner and come out slightly faster than you should be able to had you stayed on track. If you exit it just 2mph faster, that could equate to 10mph over the line and hence give you a 10mph head start on what should be possible on your next lap.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Varis View Post
    I cant see how it is annoying, you know the tracks has the white lines on both sides there for reason
    Aye but just think, your in Quali going for an insane lap, make a mistake, damn but ok I have time for one more lap.
    But no, wait, I've been hit with that penalty despite not gaining an advantage, 9 times out of 10 it isn't on a part of the track that can affects your speed for the start of the next lap.

I understand the logic and that is a great idea, it just hasn't been greatly implemented.
    For example on Coppice corner at Donington, my Achilles heel on that track, if I go off there I still have the chicane to navigate, thus not affecting my speed to start the next lap yet I get that penalty affecting both this and the next lap!
    "If in doubt , flat out" - Colin McRae 1968 -2007

Evanzo7 | Facebook - YouTube - Twitter |
    Isle of Bass | Facebook - YouTube - Twitter - Soundcloud - Plug.DJ |

Platform:
    PS4 - Thrustmaster T300RS
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Brent G, KK78, ykiki