Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't get how pit strategy works

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Question I don't get how pit strategy works

Hey guys, I really don't understand how the pitstop works. First of all, why can I setup values for tire pressure that are higher than values I can setup in the box? In the box I can't go higher than 2 and in pit I can go up to 3. (btw: units are helpful)

How the heck do I know what tires I'm driving if I chose to start with automatic tire selection? I mean if it starts raining mid-race, how do I know if I should go to the box asap or wait and see how it will handle in 2min? Or how am I supposed to feel the difference between intermediate and rain tires on a car I don't really know yet? I'm sure race drivers IRL know what tires they are driving with because they were told and not because they have to feel it. (Yes they probably even decided what tires to use but they also have a useful weather forecast.

Why doesn't refueling work sometimes? I go into the box with 50l left, set the fuel-slider to 60l and when leaving the pit it still indicates 50l.

1) Is it just me?
    2a) What is that about the tire pressure?
    2b) Can't we just select to change tires (because they are outworn) and use the same mix and pressure again? I can't save a hard-slick, soft-slick, intermediate and rain pit strategy for every single car in the game because they all need different tire pressure! Can't I just select the tire mix and determine the pressure in the box?
    3) How do I know what tires I'm currently on?
    4) Does the fuel-slider only have an effect if your box crew is ok with that or when the gas-price is acceptable? Do they refuse to refuel if it doesn't make sense? e.g. last round of the race and still enough fuel to make it?
    PSN: entekmedia | Feel free to invite me
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Franco Ferrari, KK78, mister dog, MULTIVITZ, rolandk10, slovoflud, vds2001

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I'm interested in hearing the answers to these too. Pit Stops are confusing to me at this point as well.

Superkart Pilot
    I had this exact same problem when first playing the game......You need to save a pit strategy say in practice or qualifying.....When your pit instructions pop up on the left side of the screen when you are pulling into the pits quickly press view saved and activate your new pit strategy. Now when you select it it will bring up your options for fuel and tyres choose what you want to do and then press x on ps4 or whatever confirm is on x-box, now for the pitstop and everything to work you need to close the pit window after you make those changes , you will see the close option at the bottom of the menu that pops up when you pull into pits quickly close it before you get to the lollypop man if you do not close this window they will ignore your instructions and do what they like........Now tyres , pick the tyres you want instead of automatic. Then you will know if you're on slick , medium or hard.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: McKiernan, mister dog, Roger Prynne

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Agree with you, the type of tires is even different in the pit stop strategy than in the car seetings, for the ginetta gt5, I can set to dry or wet before the race and then in the pit it gives 5 different type of tires like heavy rain, etc...

And how can you set the pit strategy without weather forecast? In carreer you have mandatory pit stop and it starts raining just after!

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    I agree we need these questions answered

rocafella1978
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishnewblood View Post
    I had this exact same problem when first playing the game......You need to save a pit strategy say in practice or qualifying.....When your pit instructions pop up on the left side of the screen when you are pulling into the pits quickly press view saved and activate your new pit strategy. Now when you select it it will bring up your options for fuel and tyres choose what you want to do and then press x on ps4 or whatever confirm is on x-box, now for the pitstop and everything to work you need to close the pit window after you make those changes , you will see the close option at the bottom of the menu that pops up when you pull into pits quickly close it before you get to the lollypop man if you do not close this window they will ignore your instructions and do what they like........Now tyres , pick the tyres you want instead of automatic. Then you will know if you're on slick , medium or hard.
    not to sound stupid, but okay with me, how do i know what slicks are and tire compounds? i can only see names but no details, and automatic...so how so i know???

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by rocafella1978 View Post
    not to sound stupid, but okay with me, how do i know what slicks are and tire compounds? i can only see names but no details, and automatic...so how so i know???
    Slicks are dry tyres with no grooves so pretty much all dry compounds.
    Dry compounds are
    soft= most amount of grip but wears quicker than any other tyre.
    Medium=Less grip than soft and doesn't wear as quick ideal for semi-long runs where soft is losing grip coming to the end of your stint.
    Hard= Ideal if you are doing a full tank of petrol and a long run these will last the longest wear wise but will not be as grippy or quick as soft or medium.
    Other compounds.
    Intermediate= For when it is lightly raining and you can feel less grip and car slipping a bit
    Wet= Pretty straight forward....put on when raining.
    Extreme wets= Puddles everywhere, thunderstorms that kind of thing these are the tyres...

I'm no expert but i hope this helps you out a bit.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dwalldorf View Post
    Hey guys, I really don't understand how the pitstop works. First of all, why can I setup values for tire pressure that are higher than values I can setup in the box? In the box I can't go higher than 2 and in pit I can go up to 3. (btw: units are helpful)

How the heck do I know what tires I'm driving if I chose to start with automatic tire selection? I mean if it starts raining mid-race, how do I know if I should go to the box asap or wait and see how it will handle in 2min? Or how am I supposed to feel the difference between intermediate and rain tires on a car I don't really know yet? I'm sure race drivers IRL know what tires they are driving with because they were told and not because they have to feel it. (Yes they probably even decided what tires to use but they also have a useful weather forecast.

Why doesn't refueling work sometimes? I go into the box with 50l left, set the fuel-slider to 60l and when leaving the pit it still indicates 50l.

1) Is it just me?
    2a) What is that about the tire pressure?
    2b) Can't we just select to change tires (because they are outworn) and use the same mix and pressure again? I can't save a hard-slick, soft-slick, intermediate and rain pit strategy for every single car in the game because they all need different tire pressure! Can't I just select the tire mix and determine the pressure in the box?
    3) How do I know what tires I'm currently on?
    4) Does the fuel-slider only have an effect if your box crew is ok with that or when the gas-price is acceptable? Do they refuse to refuel if it doesn't make sense? e.g. last round of the race and still enough fuel to make it?
    Short answer is the pits don't work. Currently broken. Reason. The tire guys apps are not supported on ps4... Have heard the word "yet", thrown around.
    Maybe it helps.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Oh great.
    I think the pit crew are still training on youtube. I hope they animate one getting knock down, after all you get random part failures!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I havn't bothered with pit stops primarily because it's way too overdone. The way the pit stops are is essentially almost like tuning. Let me choose the type of tires I want, how much fuel, and that's it. If I pit I have to select an option then adjust all of the settings. What if I don't make it in time? Derp I'm sitting there with my crew doing nothing. On the fly pits like in F1 by codemasters or simplistic pits like they have in F1 by codemasters would be really helpful.