Thread: Steering Wheel Issues

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Steering Wheel Issues

Hello,
    I own a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia steering wheel (without Force Feedback, not the TX version), and im having an issue on Project CARS 1. The game detects my wheel as a gamepad that creates big deadzone in the center of the wheel. The game is unplayable and after hours of looking for information online I cant find an answer, so I stopped playing the game.

Im not asking for support in this late stage of the game, but I do want to know If I will have the same problem with Project CARS 2? because It will be pointless to purchase if I cant play it with my wheel.
    I know the gamepad gameplay has been greatly enhanced for Project CARS 2, but its the same engine, thats why I ask.

Best Regards.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon View Post
    Hello,
    I own a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia steering wheel (without Force Feedback, not the TX version), and im having an issue on Project CARS 1. The game detects my wheel as a gamepad that creates big deadzone in the center of the wheel. The game is unplayable and after hours of looking for information online I cant find an answer, so I stopped playing the game.

Im not asking for support in this late stage of the game, but I do want to know If I will have the same problem with Project CARS 2? because It will be pointless to purchase if I cant play it with my wheel.
    I know the gamepad gameplay has been greatly enhanced for Project CARS 2, but its the same engine, thats why I ask.

Best Regards.
    Have you tried manually selecting the Custom Wheel profile and assigning the wheel and pedal axes?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TM_458_Support_01.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	240118

Looks like for the PC they (Thrustmaster) treat it as a Xbox 360 controller, so you will likely have the same problems with PC2.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hey same problem here, The dead zone is ridiculous. So there is no way to fix? Via some .txt in game folder or something like that. I bought this wheel specially for this game, coz is great choice between price and quality (im not playing much, so dont want to spent money for expensive wheel)

So any help, advice, PLS

Thanks have a great day.

I seem to recall someone found some add on that should get rid of the deadzone by effectively adding a negative deadzone.... err...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Input-Deadzone

try that

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 16G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content
    The following user likes this Post: Sankyo

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ok, im gonna try it, Thank you. But still dont accept, why the game treat like that to I458. Other games work fine with this wheel. Its a pity, luckily for me, i can refund I458, Monday is last day .

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    There is a cheap $90 FFB wheel that has pretty good specs and even a high bit rate brake pedal (non load cell). Hori Racing Wheel called Apex.