Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Call Your Bluff

Platform
    PC

Angry Call Your Bluff

I have sat and read , bitching, whining and abusive threads on here on a daily basis.
    I play this game daily on XB1 (the weakest link) and this game, is far from unplayable, it is far better than anything I have played in the racing/sim genre.
    I wonder how many of the whiners would actually hand back their game for a full refund? I would bet a very, very, small percentage, as anyone that can see through the teething issues, have to admit this is a fantastic game and we would all be poorer if the game wasn't here.
    Nobody is saying it is perfect, what they are doing is answering your issues and registering the bugs and glitches you are reporting from what I'm reading.
    The game is 2 weeks old, give them constructive advice by all means, as we all want the experience to be better, but just bear in mind, its a game and there are far bigger issues to worry about.

Oh and did I mention Ian Bell that my best lap time didn't save on the Azure community challenge and I hold you personally responsible! (tongue firmly in cheek)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think with any new release you get people who take the minor issues and blow them massively out of proportion, they come onto forums and shout out about how their life is going to end if one bug isn't fixed this instant. These forums don't have a massive amount of these doomlords in comparison to other games at early release. I agree the game's fantastic, it is well and truly taking over my household, and as the small teething issues are ironed out it's only getting better, the reviews on steam are extremely high which is a better depiction of the communities feelings.

Platform
    PS4
    I cant speak for anyone else, but I blame the pro reviews for my initial disappointment. All the reviews downplayed or ignored many issues. So It sort of blindsides you a bit.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDRIFT View Post
    I cant speak for anyone else, but I blame the pro reviews for my initial disappointment. All the reviews downplayed or ignored many issues. So It sort of blindsides you a bit.
    Where were the reviews misleading specifically? We are talking about 100 of them now.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    This, unfortunately, is a big problem with professional reviews.

My advice is that you should ignore the likes of Gamespot, PC Gamer and so on and go by the reviews from the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Where were the reviews misleading specifically? We are talking about 100 of them now.
    Well none of them picked up on the fact that the AI doesn't seem to pit for tyres as part of their race strategy (I'm talking about Formula A here). They probably didn't play test the game thoroughly enough, which raises questions about how good reviewers actually are these days at reviewing games.
    Last edited by PeteUplink; 26-05-2015 at 15:34.
    The following user likes this Post: Jesse Fahrenkrog

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    I haven't read 100 reviews - far from it. But what I did read, I wouldn't go as far as to say misleading but there were omissions. Maybe the reviewers didn't have time with the game before their deadlines. If compare the known issues thread to the reviews I've read it would be quite a contrast.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteUplink View Post
    This, unfortunately, is a big problem with professional reviews.

My advice is that you should ignore the likes of Gamespot, PC Gamer and so on and go by the reviews from the public.

Well none of them picked up on the fact that the AI doesn't seem to pit for tyres as part of their race strategy. They probably didn't play test the game thoroughly enough, which raises questions about how good reviewers actually are these days at reviewing games.
    They do pit. Not exactly always perfectly when they should but they do. Anyway, this is improved in the next patch.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: FalkeGT, Jesse Fahrenkrog, Juan Pablo Rguez, Max Kelly, Pr3t3nd3r

Platform
    PC
    I haven't read 100 reviews - far from it. But what I did read, I wouldn't go as far as to say misleading but there were omissions. Maybe the reviewers didn't have time with the game before their deadlines. If compare the known issues thread to the reviews I've read it would be quite a contrast.
    Complexity of application. Don't blame the reviewers.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    I for one did get a full refund for the game. I don't have a lot of spare cash and can't afford to buy every new game when it release so I have to save for them. I got a full refund a brought The Witcher for 10 cheaper and that game works without annoying you with stupid bugs that should of not been there in the first place.
    This is the first game I have brought and within a couple of days got a refund because of how bad the quality of the game was.

Very disappointed with PCars.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloyski View Post
    I for one did get a full refund for the game. I don't have a lot of spare cash and can't afford to buy every new game when it release so I have to save for them. I got a full refund a brought The Witcher for 10 cheaper and that game works without annoying you with stupid bugs that should of not been there in the first place.
    This is the first game I have brought and within a couple of days got a refund because of how bad the quality of the game was.

Very disappointed with PCars.
    Stop clogging up our forum then.