Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Known Issue] All Four Tyres Puncture/Glitch After A Pitstop

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

[Known Issue] All Four Tyres Puncture/Glitch After A Pitstop

I was doing a 1 hour 40 minutes endurance race at Sakitto, using the McLaren GT3 car in career mode.

Around 40 minutes into the race, it starts to rain, so I come into the pits to change to wet weather tyres. As soon as I leave the pits and regain manual control of the car, all four tyres on the car puncture (at least I assume that's what happens as the car is almost undrivable). So I crawl back to the pits to change tyres again, assuming this is some kind of glitch.

As I enter the pits and the AI takes control of the the car, all four tyres are magically back to normal, but I change tyres again anyway just to make sure. After putting on new tyres, as soon as I leave the pits, the exact same thing happens again! I crawl around again, pit in, and this time change to intermediate tyres. As soon as I leave the pits, it happens again! At this point I just retired.

Has anyone else had this issue? I did a quick search of the forum but couldn't see anything like this.

I have a screenshot of the issue to show what happened to the tyres.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS_20150526170857.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	204581

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    its because the pit is adjusting your tire pressure to 0.50 bars most likely. that would be your default pit setup lol. Someone told me quote "the game is missing some comfort features but is very playable." What do you think? Are knowing your psi/bar, damage, tire type, and being able to tune comfort features?

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    You did put on the ice tires right? Me thinks you stumbled onto something interesting here? Almost looks like your riding on the rim through some glitch? What you describe sounds like riding on a rim? Some video would be cool through. Could be just one odd picture.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I told him not to leave them screws lying around

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Auto pit settings, if you can read the small print and work out how it all works!

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MULTIVITZ View Post
    Auto pit settings, if you can read the small print and work out how it all works!
    Nah. They don't work either. I got in a " gentle men's agreement" lobby where everyone was expected to make a pit stop. After I got it set up and saved a strategy. It didn't work and I ended up to long in the pits taking fuel when I had selected no fuel. The other drivers just took off taking full advantage of the situation. Wouldn't answer my questions about why my strategy didn't get used. They must have been keen to the post liked several times above that suggests you have to manually pull up each time and win the mini game of completing current strategy before you hit your pit box. Only a suitable work around if you have enough time. I can tell already there's going to be times where the pit entry won't be long enough and a pit stall near the pit entry instead of exit will cost you your strategy.

And for the record. Individual files for each cars potential pit strategy is absurd. Such a lame use of system memory/resources, surely playstation thanks you for the junk food files though. Should have just implemented a one menu solution on every pit entry and placed the player in the stall of their choice or in the front or made sure that AI control was implemented with enough time for player to accomplish his pit strategy in a menu.
    Last edited by IrideGravity; 27-05-2015 at 04:20.

Platform
    PS4
    Never encounterd this glitch.
    RazorSharpRacing:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/705917809533669/?fref=nf

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Someone get that guy a hat

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet216 View Post
    its because the pit is adjusting your tire pressure to 0.50 bars most likely. that would be your default pit setup lol. Someone told me quote "the game is missing some comfort features but is very playable." What do you think? Are knowing your psi/bar, damage, tire type, and being able to tune comfort features?
    Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to this level of detail in a racing sim, so I don't know a lot about it. The tyre pressure was 1.5bar, the furthest to left it could go. That's what it was at default, so since I don't know too much about that sort of thing, I left it at that, assuming the game would choose the best available option like it does when it auto-selects what tyres to start the race on.

I've pitted and switched from dry tyres to wet tyres before and not had any problems, but I can't remember what pressures were used. As I say, I leave it at default for now until I can get a better understanding of it.

Car Physics and AI
    Quote Originally Posted by Jescott71 View Post
    I was doing a 1 hour 40 minutes endurance race at Sakitto, using the McLaren GT3 car in career mode.

Around 40 minutes into the race, it starts to rain, so I come into the pits to change to wet weather tyres. As soon as I leave the pits and regain manual control of the car, all four tyres on the car puncture (at least I assume that's what happens as the car is almost undrivable). So I crawl back to the pits to change tyres again, assuming this is some kind of glitch.

As I enter the pits and the AI takes control of the the car, all four tyres are magically back to normal, but I change tyres again anyway just to make sure. After putting on new tyres, as soon as I leave the pits, the exact same thing happens again! I crawl around again, pit in, and this time change to intermediate tyres. As soon as I leave the pits, it happens again! At this point I just retired.

Has anyone else had this issue? I did a quick search of the forum but couldn't see anything like this.

I have a screenshot of the issue to show what happened to the tyres.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS_20150526170857.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	204581
    Hey Jescott, could you try to reprocuce this when you get the 1.4 patch? I think it might have been fixed. I had a repro here on my own and has since gone away with all the 1.4 updates. I beleive the tire pressure fix for the pit strategy might have fixed it. Thanks
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Bealdor, blacknight, Charlie2k, FStarred, JDFSSS, LeeGestuhl, Steve Dunn