Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's going on with the pit strategy screen?!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

what's going on with the pit strategy screen?!

Title says it all really, why can I pick any compound with any car, why can't I keep my tire pressures thr same unless I remember what I was running and change it manually, and why can't I see how long repairs will take? (Or even what needs repairing)

The whole system just seems really broken to me.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: dyr_gl, JDFSSS, mkstatto

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by doyley101 View Post
    Title says it all really, why can I pick any compound with any car, why can't I keep my tire pressures thr same unless I remember what I was running and change it manually, and why can't I see how long repairs will take? (Or even what needs repairing)

The whole system just seems really broken to me.
    good questions. it seems you need to make a pit strategy before every race and make sure you put in the correct values for your tire pressure. then you have to make sure you save it and select it as an active pit strategy. after that, i'm still not sure if it works or if it resets.

as for the tire compounds available to choose, i have no idea why it's like that.

Platform
    PC
    It is nice you can have multiple strategies for different tracks combined with different cars. Eg Wet and Dry race transitions.

However the tire pressures not defaulting to the current settings in the tune is a pain.

Sure that will be fixed.
    Core i7 2600K @4.6Ghz, MSI Twin Frozr GTX670, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 , Asus P8Z 68-vpro gen3, 2x 2TB WD 'Black' Sata2 HDD, 250GB WD Sata2 , Philips 37" 1080p, Logitech Driving Force GT, Win 7 x64

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    It is nice you can have multiple strategies for different tracks combined with different cars. Eg Wet and Dry race transitions.

However the tire pressures not defaulting to the current settings in the tune is a pain.

Sure that will be fixed.
    It is already:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Viljoen View Post
    Project CARS – Xbox One Patch 1.3 - Fixed Issues

Pitstops:
    * Pitstop strategy will now use the actual bar value for tyre pressures.
    * Fixed an issue where the Pit engineer would repeatedly inform the player that a pit crew member has lost a wheel nut during pit stops.
    * Fixed an issue where the Pit Engineer would call the player to stop for fuel when fuel consumption was disabled in options.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PS4
    Why are we able to select 4 different tyre compounds for for each tyre? I just don't understand why you would put different compounds on each corner of the car?
    Clean Racing on PS4 Visit : www.matsuoracing.com
    > We have hundreds of members but don't let that intimidate you, you will soon get to know the regulars and enjoy your racing with us
    > We have races every night of the week
    > All skill levels welcome as long as you race clean

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lordymatsuo View Post
    Why are we able to select 4 different tyre compounds for for each tyre? I just don't understand why you would put different compounds on each corner of the car?
    Well most tracks are going to wear each tyre differently to some degree. To try and get even wear whilst maintaining as much grip as possible across all four tyres a mix of compounds could be the way to go.
    Asus P8Z68-V pro | 2600k @4.2Ghz | Asus Strix 970 | 16GB Ram | Win 10 64 | 24" @ 1900 x 1200 | G29 with Shifter

Umer Ahmad
    Quote Originally Posted by lordymatsuo View Post
    read

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigger Than Dave View Post
    Well most tracks are going to wear each tyre differently to some degree. To try and get even wear whilst maintaining as much grip as possible across all four tyres a mix of compounds could be the way to go.
    In theory it makes sense especially on ovals, having a harder outside tyre compound to take All the weight and heat of the cornering. But in practice it makes for a very unstable car and extremely unpredictable car. and as such the compounds are never mixed.
    CPU: i7 4770K @ 5ghz RAM: 64gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2400mhz Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme GPU: Power Color HD7990 Devil XIII PSU: Enermax 1300watt Monitors: 3X 24" screens OS:Windows 8.1 64bit Wheel: G27

Banned
    It is all a big convoluted mess. Thereīs no way to adjust everything you would want before arriving to the pitbox in an online race, the strategies clutter and the game creates new ones with absurd names (their name is the first part of a career e-mail).

They should totally rework this. A function to alter the next stop work WHILE DRIVING is needed. No amount of presets will ever cover everything that can happen during a race.

A button would open a small window operated through D-pad to select next compound and fuel load, then the same button would close the menu when needed and D-pad would recover assignated fucntion.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    It is already:

Im on PC and that is not working. Have added a post to the support forum to see if anyone else notices it.
    Core i7 2600K @4.6Ghz, MSI Twin Frozr GTX670, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 , Asus P8Z 68-vpro gen3, 2x 2TB WD 'Black' Sata2 HDD, 250GB WD Sata2 , Philips 37" 1080p, Logitech Driving Force GT, Win 7 x64
    The following user likes this Post: mcarver2000