Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 hours into a 4 hour race....PS4 crashes

Platform
    PS4
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ror-CE-34878-0

I think if you look at the error code given you will see its because the game isn't optimized for the PS4.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    to get the platinum trophy for the game you have to collect a trophy that involves a 24 hour race, what chance have we got if the ps4 cant cope with 3 hours never mind 24, i think that this trophy should be removed and replaced with something more suitable for consoles, what do you guys think?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    My PS4 is sitting at the front edge of my TV stand with nothing around it for at least 1ft, plus I even have it sitting on resonance absorbers so there's even some air flow underneath. Still get the blue screen occasionally.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The game has crashed twice for me from memory, but I've had my PS4 crash when playing other games too, so it doesn't only happen when playing Project Cars.

For what it's worth, I found it works best for me when the PS4 is horizontal and raised slightly off the ground.

Platform
    PS4
    Another bug has popped up. Whenever I go to take a picture using the photo mode the camera is stuck....

It wont move, just sits above the car. (made for a cool pic tho)

Untitled by Krazee DD, on Flickr
    Gaming vids of all sorts. Fun - https://www.youtube.com/user/HDGaminLIVE

Platform
    PS4
    Its the game no question about it and will hopfully be optimized in further patches.

It reminds me of wen bf4 launched i have crashes all the time, now its got 1.5 years of patches i never crash.

Pcars crashes about 1-2 times a week playing 2-3 hours a night. Its not the end of the world but frustrating definately.

The suggestions to clean vents are ok and may help but this is definately the game at the end of the day. If it isnt run cleanly without fault the devs need to reduce the load one way or another.

Every crash of mine, some 4-5 in total has been going fast around corners its as if the physics on tyres is just eating my ps4 until it crashes.
    Clean Racing on PS4 Visit : www.matsuoracing.com
    > We have hundreds of members but don't let that intimidate you, you will soon get to know the regulars and enjoy your racing with us
    > We have races every night of the week
    > All skill levels welcome as long as you race clean

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I've had plenty of crashes on ps4 and the fan wasn't even yet on so it isn't an overheating issue.
    The following user likes this Post: Goresh

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally_bassman View Post
    it's never crashed on me......

Nor has BF4......... in two years of ownership I can only recall one crash while playing COD!

Make sure your PS4 is well ventilated and the vents are clear. If it's running hot, this could be causing crashes.
    Yeah I've never had BF4 crash, I've had a couple of others bu they needed patches.
    Gaming on PS4 XBoxOne PS3 Xbox360 MAC

PSN: slypuss7881
    XBL: slypuss7881

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconeye View Post
    Crashes are boring and I have a lot per days. I am wondering if it is not the overheating of the PS4 that is causing this crash since 99% of the console ressources are used with this game. I am afraid my console will not last while using this game...
    I also am concerned Project cars will shorten the life of my PS4. Since I've started playing Project cars my PS4 has not woken up from rest mode twice. I have completely stopped using rest mode.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KK78 View Post
    Yeah I've never had BF4 crash, I've had a couple of others bu they needed patches.
    BF4 usually crashed on me when I attempted to open Battlelog during or between matches.

Quote Originally Posted by apexatspeed View Post
    I also am concerned Project cars will shorten the life of my PS4. Since I've started playing Project cars my PS4 has not woken up from rest mode twice. I have completely stopped using rest mode.
    Since 2.0 rest mode has been inconsistent, never use it unless I'm downloading a huge game.