Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [PATCH 2.0] need to be able to have multiple input devices connected the same time

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

[PATCH 2.0] need to be able to have multiple input devices connected the same time

Being that this game has many button bindings (more then what the controller has, and sometimes more then a few wheels have), it would be awesome if we could hook up a USB keyboard to assign some buttons to, or a button box to assign buttons to. Also some steering wheels lack the share button, and being able to keep the controller connected to be able to press the share button to save a recording on the fly or to take a screen shot on the fly (cant always save the replay in game), you have to literally disconnect the wheel and reconnect the DS4 controller to be able to use some of the PS4s funtions.

But for some reason in this game you can only have one device connected at a time.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Awong124, ivan-hoe78, JessicaWalter, kaa0s, Lipti, tmitch45, VBR

Platform
    PS4
    id like it if we could use a second device (such as a keyboard, etc) with a controller. i don't 'need' it, and ill still enjoy the game without it, but id like to be able to map some more buttons such as seat adjustments, brake and sway adjustments, etc.

if i want to use them now i have to temporarily switch some buttons, use the adjustment buttons in some practice, and then swap em again and put the buttons i need back in. makes the workflow run like molasses

Platform
    PC
    CPU: i7-4910MQ 4.0 Ghz - (RAM) 16GB (GPU) 2 x GTX 980M - 8.0GB - (HDD) 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD + 1TB WD - MONITOR TV 50" Sony KDL-50w656a - DATA DISPLAY Ipad 3 (Pcars Dash)- OS Win 8.1 pro 64bit - WHEEL Fanatec CSW 2(GT rim) - Fw065 - driver 205 + DSD CSW panel - SHIFTER Fanatec CS SQ - HANDBRAKE Arc Team Race Usb - PEDALS Fanatec CSP V2 via Wheel (pot.meter: 5) - SEAT Fanatec CSL + Playseat Alcantara
    GRAPHICS: -x64 -DX11mt -fpscap 61 -pthread 4 | 1920x1080 59hz | Text. Res. HIGH | AF 16x | VSync NO |A.A.DS6X | FXAA OFF | SMAA OFF| Refl. ULTRA | Env HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | World ULTRA | Shadows ULTRA | Frame Rend 1 | Mot.Blur OFF | Cock. mirror ON | Show driver/arms No | Post proc.filt. ON | Lens flare ON | Sun Flare Full | Bloom ON | Heat Haze Off | Det.Grass HIGH
    CAMERA: 1 Helmet Fov 85 / Cockpit Fov 76 | Speed Sens. YES | min.speed.sens 100% max.speed.sens.140% | 10-300 mph | Shake eff. ON | World mov. 60 | G-force 60 | Show Helmet No | Look to apex 1 | Camera Lean. 95 | Helmet Lean.50 | Blur No
    CONTROLLER: Mode REAL AIDS | FF 100 | TF 100 | Damper 100 | Autom.Clutch NO | Steering Sensitivity 50 | Speed Sens 0 | Pedal Deadzone 0 | Steering deadzone 0 | Pedal Sens. 40
    CSW 2 SETUP:SEN off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | DRI off | ABS 65 | LIN off | DEA off | SPR 40 | DPR 100 | FOR 100 | driver 900 | damp.100 |

Platform
    PS4
    I have a keyboard attached to my ps4 all the time. The first thing I tried was all the buttons on it and found out there is a few keys that work like they work in the pc version already, like backspace for going back in the menus for example. It seems there is a little "leftover" code in play from the pc version. You can also use it to properly name your pit strategies (I find the names will often get messed up if done "normally"). Oh yeah and WASD works for steering too heheh So what I'm getting at, it seems there is already these things in the code so it shouldn't be too hard to implement it so you could assign buttons to it, right? (you can actually try to assign them and it will give you a error message, and also when you do this you can't back out with the controller circle button, you have to back out using the keyboard backspace)

Anyhow, I would also love this feature to be added. It would certainly help alot with testing out stuff on the tracks.

PS. after noticing that the keyboard semi-functions I just had to also try a mouse! No luck there, I got excited and was so hoping I could use it to change values on sliders more precisely. Was a wired mouse though, if I'd have a wireless one that the ps4 supports better I'd certainly test it out!

Platform
    PS4
    It would be nice just to be able to use the controller to navigate the menus while the wheel is connected. There are also a lot of things the game simply doesn't allow you to do with the wheel alone. You can't scroll things that require the right analog stick to scroll, like I can't even see some of the lap times the during practice and qualifying because I can't scroll up and down that list. You also can't take photos because you can't move the camera around without the analog sticks.
    The following user likes this Post: Lipti

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by kaa0s View Post
    I have a keyboard attached to my ps4 all the time. The first thing I tried was all the buttons on it and found out there is a few keys that work like they work in the pc version already, like backspace for going back in the menus for example. It seems there is a little "leftover" code in play from the pc version. You can also use it to properly name your pit strategies (I find the names will often get messed up if done "normally"). Oh yeah and WASD works for steering too heheh So what I'm getting at, it seems there is already these things in the code so it shouldn't be too hard to implement it so you could assign buttons to it, right? (you can actually try to assign them and it will give you a error message, and also when you do this you can't back out with the controller circle button, you have to back out using the keyboard backspace)

Anyhow, I would also love this feature to be added. It would certainly help alot with testing out stuff on the tracks.

PS. after noticing that the keyboard semi-functions I just had to also try a mouse! No luck there, I got excited and was so hoping I could use it to change values on sliders more precisely. Was a wired mouse though, if I'd have a wireless one that the ps4 supports better I'd certainly test it out!
    After a fair bit of experimentation I couldn't get WASD to work for steering on my keyboard (tried all shift+keys, Ctrl+keys and Alt+keys) but I could get the following:

Num Pad Up = move camera up
    Num Pad Down = move camera down
    Num Pad Left = move camera left
    Num Pad Right = move camera right
    P = freeze on-screen action - not the same as the Pause button mapping
    Esc = Pause to menu and Back whilst in menu
    Pause/Break = PS button
    Print Screen = Share button

I tried with both my DS4 and T300RS as the controller and didn't get any different results. Really hoping WMD let us map DS4 and/or USB keyboards in future!
    The following user likes this Post: Lipti

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Any news about this topic? Is this the correct place where the developers look for feature requests? Use of DS4 for menu navigation and T300RS for driving is the only but important thing which is missing for me.

Umer Ahmad
    Done !

Check today's patch2.0 NOTES in my signature. And dont forget to say thanks.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: DJ_Devious, Gloomy, Lipti, madmax2069, thegt500

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thank you very much!!! As soon as the patch goes live, I'm going to spend my time with the game (navigating through the menus and not being able to use all functions [camera movement for example] has been a pain for me).

Platform
    PS4
    Patch notes mention USB keyboards... I wonder if exclusively USB or also Bluetooth will work.
    I posted this question twice on the patch notes thread, but it is growing so fast that probably went unnoticed...
    PSN: PureMalt77
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna