Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TX wheel unusable after 1.3 update

Platform
    PC

TX wheel unusable after 1.3 update

Good day everyone

I have installed the patch and now the TX wheel is unusable. Before telling me to do basic troubleshooting i will tell you what i did first

1. Restarted the xbox : same issue
    2. Reinstall the game : same issue
    3. Calibrate the wheel : same issue

here is the issue

The wheel is now offset at 45 degrees left and right and i need to turn at 45 before i am able to turn turn the tyres.

I made a video to show you ..

Last edited by jschenard; 29-05-2015 at 00:49.
    Motherboard : Asus Z170A - CPU : i5 6600K @4.6 ghz - RAM : 16 Go DDR 4 Kingston Hyper Fury X - GPU : SLI Asus Strix 970

Jean-Simon Chénard

Platform
    XBOX1
    Ah yes, glad to see I wasn't the only one. I had steering deadzone set to 15 after the patch for some reason which caused a similar problem. When I set it back to 0 and appeared to fix it for me.
    Last edited by Scav3nger; 29-05-2015 at 01:26.
    Windows 7 Professional / Core i7 950 / 12Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM / Asus GTX760 / 240GB OCZ SSD (OS + CARS) / Many other drives / Xbox One Controller / Thrustmaster TX

Project CARS Oceania Facebook Page - for all your future Oceanic region championships and news.
    Project CARS Oceania Website
    The following user likes this Post: stux

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by jschenard View Post
    Good day everyone

I have installed the patch and now the TX wheel is unusable. Before telling me to do basic troubleshooting i will tell you what i did first

1. Restarted the xbox : same issue
    2. Reinstall the game : same issue
    3. Calibrate the wheel : same issue

here is the issue

The wheel is now offset at 45 degrees left and right and i need to turn at 45 before i am able to turn turn the tyres.

I made a video to show you ..

For some reason, Patch 1.3 reset the wheels saved deadzones. I experienced the same thing. Make sure you go back & set them back to this. I did & my wheel was back to normal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150528_212853.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	205053

Name:	20150528_212926.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	205054
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Can the OP edit the title to this thread "solved"? Just a reset deadzones issue.
    Xbox One X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following user likes this Post: Ixoye56

Platform
    PC
    Dead zone is set to 0. The wheel is hars like a rock when stationary for cery vehicle and it is not right.
    Motherboard : Asus Z170A - CPU : i5 6600K @4.6 ghz - RAM : 16 Go DDR 4 Kingston Hyper Fury X - GPU : SLI Asus Strix 970

Jean-Simon Chénard

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jschenard View Post
    Dead zone is set to 0. The wheel is hars like a rock when stationary for cery vehicle and it is not right.
    Reset all your settings, recalibrate. Set deadzone to 0. the wheel will be somewhat stiffer at standstill but as soon as you begin to move its fine. Remove all those Jack Spade settings and reset everything and start from scratch
    PC CPU-Intel i7 3.2 gHz GPU- EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+, MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58 HDD:1TB 7200 RPM
    HDMI to 50" TV as Monitor Thrustmaster TX
    PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Why would you have you car sitting stationary anyway? I don't have that problem because I'm never stationary. Not trying to be rude either. Probably sounds harsh but that's not the intent. Just being blunt I guess.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Since trying to calibrate wheel after xbox patch my tx wheel rim now sits a degree or so off centre to the left, i have tried calibrating and plugging into PC but the rim still sits off centre... Any idea how to fix this?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Robhd View Post
    Since trying to calibrate wheel after xbox patch my tx wheel rim now sits a degree or so off centre to the left, i have tried calibrating and plugging into PC but the rim still sits off centre... Any idea how to fix this?
    This

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-29-12-36-20.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	205148
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ashasha, Dan77 DESTROYER, stux

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    Why would you have you car sitting stationary anyway? I don't have that problem because I'm never stationary. Not trying to be rude either. Probably sounds harsh but that's not the intent. Just being blunt I guess.
    Yes you are. There are tons of reason to be idle. Being suddenly off track and need to do a reverse. You need to put the wheel at the full extent in order to do a quick maoeuver. Now it is impossible to do that. And there is no cars that are hard to turn like that when stationary

Jean-Simon Chénard
    The following user likes this Post: stux