Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having Problems with Project Cars? This MAY help!

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1

Wink Having Problems with Project Cars? This MAY help!

Hi All!

I've noticed there are some people having problems with updating the game, game performance, controller settings issues and even understanding some of the key elements that make Pcars such a great game! So I thought I would gather some info and throw it here (instead of having it scattered all over the place)! I hope this helps a bit!

Game crashes, poor performance, slowdowns, frame rate drops etc…

-Make sure your console is up to date: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-o...erating-system
    -Put your Xbox in Power Saving mode. You will have fewer problems because the XB clears its cache every time you shut it off. Instant On will keep persistent cache and causes games, not only PCars, to crash or perform poorly.
    -Next, clear cache of the console: Hold down the white power button on front of console until it powers off.
    -As an alternative to clear cache you can do it the old-fashioned way: power down the Xbox One, unplug it, wait for 10 seconds, plug everything back in and power it back on.
    - Clear the BluRay Persistent Memory:
    • Press the menu key of the controller.
    • Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-Ray.
    • In the BLU-RAY section select "Persistent Storage".
    • Select "Clear persistent storage". This should be tried even if you have the digital version of PCars.

-Uninstall the game and then re-install it…a lot easier to do this if you have the disc as the digital version will require the game to be downloaded again
    - if possible, install the game on external HDD. It must be a 3.0 USB drive.
    -Finally check the size of the game which, at this point, should be 18.7Gb (This is the game, both patches and free DLC):
    Go to My games & apps, highlight PCars, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game, you should be able to see the size of the game there.

Controller:

Make sure your controller is up to date, yes you can update your controller as well!
    To update your controller firmware:
    • Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
    • Connect to Xbox Live.
    • Press the Menu
    • Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller.
    • Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen
    • When you see the Controller updated screen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page
    For further info on updating your controller: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/browse...es/Controllers

Game setup and Important things you should know about Project Cars:

Patch 1.3 has fixed the controller issues Pcars originally had on the Xbox One, but you may consider going to the controller settings in game and try all 3 different controller setups and then decide which one you are more comfortable with. PCars offers plenty of customisations as well. If you want to go deeper into configuring your controller you should read this topic: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...guration-Guide Make sure you warm up your tires and only then decide if a setup works or not. I would advise driving at least 5 laps with a car you are comfortable with on a track you are familiar with before coming to a conclusion!

Tires and Tracks:

When you start a race your tires are cold and this has a massive impact on the way the car behaves on track and this could make you believe that the controller is ‘broken’ or ‘buggy’. This may not be the case. In Career Mode all practices start with cold (blue) tires. It may take a lap an half to get the tires green (optimal temperature) and 2 or 3 other laps for you to start feeling you can attack corners faster. Qualifying and Races start on green tires, think of those thermal blankets they use on Formula 1 to warm up the tires. Although tires are green the first lap of a race is always a bit tricky and you should not expect the tires to perform at their best. It takes a couple of laps for the tires to adjust.
    Another important point is the track itself. Tracks will improve through the course of practice, qualifying and race. Your first lap on cold tires during practice 1 will be a challenge!! You should drive very slowly and avoid pedalling to the metal! Certain cars will also offer more grip and stability than others.
    Rain will also clear the tire rubber off the track. So let’s say you’ve completed 2 practices and qualifying on clear weather, but it rains in the race for 5 laps, then stops raining and you still have 10 laps to go. You should not expect the same grip level.

I hope this helps some of you!

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I also reckon a lot of people could do with going here http://www.drivingfast.net
    Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 GHz | Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO | 16GB 2133MHz | GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB GDDR5 in SLi | Samsung 500GB SSD
    Fanatec CSW V2 w/CSP v 1.00 | Leo Bodnar SLI-PRO | Samsung LS34E790C 34" 21:9 LCD | HTC Vive
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bobbydakid, KkDrummer, LADY GEMMA JANE

Platform
    PC
    Stickied for now. good info about general XB1 stuff.

some "racing knowledge" here
    i5-3570K+CM Hyper EVO, SLI GTX580 (1.5GB) v337.50, Corsair HX850, Samsung m830 SSD, GSkill 2x4GB 1600, Biostar Z77, win7-64 | Logi G27 | Viewsonic LCD 1080 |

--PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/
    The following user likes this Post: LADY GEMMA JANE

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by PzR Slim View Post
    I also reckon a lot of people could do with going here http://www.drivingfast.net
    hey thanks for that, awesome stuff! =]

And thanks for sticking the thread (whoever did it)!

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    Stickied for now. good info about general XB1 stuff.

some "racing knowledge" here
    Cheers! =]

Platform
    XBOX1
    Good sticky. Hopefully lots click on it.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/D-Link DGL 5500 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/Yamaha RX-V1400/Acoustic Research Speakers/Velodyne Sub
    The following user likes this Post: KkDrummer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    15 mins left of work then im on my way home to hopefully be prompted to install the latest patch and give this game a good hiding tonight for the first time. BUZZED. Great advice post mate. with regards to the steering being fixed in the patch are there any optimum settings to use or will default be ok ? i havent even seen the settings or anything, will explore this when home !
    The following user likes this Post: KkDrummer

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MR o ONEPINCH x View Post
    15 mins left of work then im on my way home to hopefully be prompted to install the latest patch and give this game a good hiding tonight for the first time. BUZZED. Great advice post mate. with regards to the steering being fixed in the patch are there any optimum settings to use or will default be ok ? i havent even seen the settings or anything, will explore this when home !
    Most people are going with mode 3 and then tuning to suit. So mode 3 for starters and then have a play around. Another tip, scroll through the three modes one at a time and it will set everything in the three modes back to default.
    Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 GHz | Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO | 16GB 2133MHz | GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB GDDR5 in SLi | Samsung 500GB SSD
    Fanatec CSW V2 w/CSP v 1.00 | Leo Bodnar SLI-PRO | Samsung LS34E790C 34" 21:9 LCD | HTC Vive

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    How do you change the mode for control?

Platform
    PC
    Controller screen, scroll all the way down. it's near the bottom.
    i5-3570K+CM Hyper EVO, SLI GTX580 (1.5GB) v337.50, Corsair HX850, Samsung m830 SSD, GSkill 2x4GB 1600, Biostar Z77, win7-64 | Logi G27 | Viewsonic LCD 1080 |

--PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/