Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MULTIVITZ - Tuning Thread

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    You don't say what car this is for, some people might not know.
    looks to be a formula a tune
    Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV

Platform
    PC
    My carrot is a banana and shes smooth and feels great. Treat her kindly so she doesnt thrust you.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Platform
    XBOX1
    "Those toe out figures, I thought you were a chassis tuner? Can you please explain why you have positive .03 on the front followed by positive .02 on the rear? My logic says your trying to split the chassis in half having both sides working against each other, and if the pull isnt so great whats the tire wear like considering the constant fighting between each tire?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MULTIVITZ, Niveous21

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NVI0U5 View Post
    "Those toe out figures, I thought you were a chassis tuner? Can you please explain why you have positive .03 on the front followed by positive .02 on the rear? My logic says your trying to split the chassis in half having both sides working against each other, and if the pull isnt so great whats the tire wear like considering the constant fighting between each tire?
    Its to encourage your inner superkart
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorAustin View Post
    Its to encourage your inner superkart
    The only benefit I can see being its tuned for Silverstone GP, so has more straights than corners, is to scrub out the tires as much as possible to gain operating temp halfway around the track, Im hoping there is more to this than just that

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Trevor please stop with all the cracks.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The +3 front wheel toe out is to offset the rears slip angle when exiting under acceleration. I could knock it back a bit but the extra amount gives stability to the axle by way of negative camber thrust when cornering hard. The setup can be altered and handling traits apear. I'm sure if the rear got too slippy and you let go of the wheel, the car would straighten up, without the toe it would carry on into a dounut.

Not all things are relevant at everytime or any time. The chassis compromises itself, tuners mould the compromises through give and take and what ifs.

Toe has many uses, this works for it's intended use on the rig, you'll notice the front tyres will cool down if you're not 'on it' enough! On other tracks they cool down to a point of deflation if you aren't at least 90% committed when driving this training rig.
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 11-06-2015 at 01:09.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The only benefit I can see being its tuned for Silverstone GP, so has more straights than corners, is to scrub out the tires as much as possible to gain operating temp halfway around the track, Im hoping there is more to this than just that
    Have you completed the Super Kart championship? If so, have you drove through the first bend Copse at 160mph+, then flat through to Becketts in the training rig? Remember this is a training rig. DONT COMPLAIN TO ME ABOUT IT, ask me what you need to know about it and I'll try to help. Thanks

Remember, all car assists OFF!
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 01-06-2015 at 13:41.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I welcome criticism of the rig if presented with reasonable posts.

I will be posting updates(time permitting) to it as needed and ask for any intrested members to drive it at another track. At the new track, I will try to explain why I think they help.
    The rig will get better, as players will controlling it. We're all on a learning curve. This ain't Forza!
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 30-05-2015 at 01:01.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by FA RACING 01 View Post
    Hope the tunes will be good.
    Thanks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
    What you see here may help you develope your own tune that will be good, for you.
    Reducing your time when making tunes. Nobody likes a show off! Unless they're your mates?