Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: MULTIVITZ - Tuning Thread

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by OperatorWay View Post
    This is how a tuning forum gets ruined - productive & civil discussion dies because of persistent hostilities over who's "right" & who's "wrong" & who's "more qualified" to even talk about virtual car tuning in a video game.

The proper way to usefully critique a tune is to share a better one. The tune will speak for itself.

Multivitz is indeed on another wavelength, but for the most part, at least he contains his musings in this one thread. If this thread gets closed/locked, more of this back-&-forth derailing will again spill over into other threads. I vote we leave him to his business here so that he'll return the favor by leaving other tuning threads to theirs.
    Thanks mate, you wouldn't want me spilling all over the place lol
    Don't worry about the thread, I ain't. It's all safe one way or another.
    I couldn't belive that thread about bam and corner cutting, some say the tarmac straightens out in front of him....all we can say is.........give it a rest and play da game.
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 15-06-2015 at 22:18.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by MULTIVITZ View Post
    So you like the listen to someone in authority.
    Not really. But when someone speaks as though they are an authority, I do like it when they establish their bonafides in a more than vague fashion. Doesn't seem like too much to ask, but no worries. Now I know who you are. Enjoy the game, multivitz.

Operator1- Good to see you around!
    The following user likes this Post: OperatorWay

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I try to not let occupation interfere with subjects. When theres a foundation of correct up to date knowlege, learning begins?
    Thanks for your understanding.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Real_Reece View Post
    It's going to be for racing online. It was very unstable before but I think between using abs and the downforce that has settled it down enough the be stable. Will have to try it at catalunya again see it it's easier to drive there. Would like to know what other people takes on the car is though.
    I think the cars are meant to use ABS in real life, someone said on here. So don't think you're at a disadvantage. I really can't be releasing hotlap tunes just yet. I posted a Merc DTM tune thats you may want to look at, if that helps. There's loads of cars and tracks I haven't drove yet, I just don't get the time

I didn't notice Reeces earlier post and gave him a pm last night. After a little chat and some spare time today I knocked up a tune for the Ginetta, its in this thread. Its on Medium slicks and tuning it gave me an opportunity to drive a new track
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 16-06-2015 at 17:00.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah would make sense cause trying to run that thing with no abs is a nightmare. Took it online a seems to do alright off line and going round the outside. Wasn't a tight pack though so will need to do some more testing. I'll have another blast tomorrow night and maybe make some changes. Had about 4 hours in the car now so got the handle on it. Won't ask for a tune from you but I'll ask for cures if I can't work work about the issues that arise. Thanks

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I posted a Merc DTM tune thats you may want to look at, if that helps.
    In all fairness, I tried and liked this tune you did. Will probably give it a go again as well. It just wasn't ideal for the track I was doing a hot lap contest on, so ended up doing my own.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Ok, I put a silly low ride hight on it, but its a cracking car out the box. The tune is nothing wild, just solid until you see a kerb lol
    You are talking about the clk?

I do like a kerb muncher, with the 2 speed damping tuning its a world apart from other games I've played. 3 stage would be better, but the car would end up like a space ship lol
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 16-06-2015 at 00:39.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok, I put a silly low ride hight on it, but its a cracking car out the box. The tune is nothing wild, just solid until you see a kerb lol
    You are talking about the clk?
    I am. Was running monza short and, while your tune was definitely stable and fast, it REALLY doesn't like kerbs. And the go go fast fast line at that track pretty much guarantees going over at least one of them.

My bad. I'm referring to the DTM c-class.
    Last edited by bubbadabutcher; 16-06-2015 at 00:53.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Oh that lol
    I was tuning it for the community event a day before it closed. I had it right on the thrust edge of the front tyre and it would take me across the first corner around Hockenheim in one sweep, then the bug decided to set it back to default!! The next day I started retuning it but had to go out, so I posted it up for anyone to finish as that evening was the last chance on that event.
    Yeah you would need to retune it, the diff wasn't too bad though.imo
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 16-06-2015 at 12:48.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    JAUNT

This is one of the most fundamental aspects of car setup and chassis tuning. Its also involved in high speed driving and becomes an important part of anyones driving style from car to car.
    Despite the above statements, that were written by me, there is no mention of jaunt in this forum.
    Is anyone aware of jaunt and it's impact on camber thrust?

I assume players want to improve their game play?
    You hear talk about tyre pressures all the time, mainly the pressure versus temperature. It's a well understood relationship that has some minor variations through tyre design and heat sources.
    But you don't hear talk about tyre pressure and camber thrust, you just don't.

It seems most players tune jaunt out of the setup and play about with the adjustments until they find a settled ride that gives a consistant lap time. Something their mum would be impressed with.

The big eight?

The relationship between, chamber thrust, sway, jaunt, roll camber, dymanic camber, tyre pressure, compression, and wedge, give the most optimum grip.
    A tuner has to be aware of the above 8 elements to be able to adjust the slip angle of an axle, and of course the cars balance.
    So how many of those 8 elements will you be looking for when you adjust your ride?
    You may be aware of some, but they all work together with the chassis's weight transfere.
    We use cadence braking and the steering wheel to induce jaunt, but a tuner will be lost to the effect thier adjustments have if they are unfamiliar with the other 7 elements!
    Let's do some math to help realise the complex nature of this subject, 8x8=64, 64 interrelationships, and thats not exhaustive.
    I omitted 'roll coupling' from the list as it's a compound effect. Also hold down, scrub, top out,etc as they can raise thier heads from time to time(in positive and negative ways).
    When they say chassis tuning is a black art, you can see why, luckly Project CARS allows us to enjoy the art as well as other aspects found in motor racing.
    I don't over complicate things, how can I, in a subject that is vastly complex!
    I will try my best to simplify matters, but on a need to know basis, if someone needs a complex explanation it's probably as simple as it gets without math!
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 01-07-2015 at 11:53.