Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few things

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Few things

Game's been a rollercoaster of enjoyment vs frustration.

Why oh why does the game insist that if 2 cars touch they MUST veer off uncontrollably into a wall/barrier? Similar thing happens if you brush a barrier e.g. Monaco. You'll be completely glued to it. Additionally, god forbid you get 2 wheels on the grass - feels like a magnet is trying to pull you towards the barrier. Are these isssues that have been pointed out or is it just me?

Also, still haven't managed to find the right settings on the ps4 controller. Noticeable lack of feel for how the car is behaving and having to go back n forth between better feel but not enough lock to go round slow corners, or having severe oversteer issues in fast corners where a small input will jerk the car and the back, unsurprisingly, will kick out. Once that happens counter-steering is incredibly difficult as you get a horrid tank slapper. Any advice?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePope View Post
    they MUST veer off uncontrollably into a wall/barrier?
    most games i've played do this. i've even complained about Assetto Corsa doing it.
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    MSI Z87-GD65 Nvidia
    GTX7700
    16GB Ram
    Logitech G27

Have you ever played a racing game? Most of the stuff you listed just needs practice sounds like to me.

I have noticed 2 cars bumping or rubbing, you pretty much veer off with that car. That's how it works on the real tracks usually too though.

Not all of the cars slide off after 2 tires hit the grass.

Rest of it is just car tuning man.
    www.youtube.com/blackjackrow

PS4 add: adam_j03-zl

Looking for clean races!

Platform
    XBOX1
    In real life if you ride a wall, you must slowly come off the wall, if you jerk the wheel like in the game there is no movement between the front wheels and the wall to move off, so therefore will feel sticky.
    Two wheels in the grass has less grip than the wheels on the road, the grass will be cambered to track the car off the road for safety reasons.
    I dont play PS I cant help with the controller but have you adjusted the sensitivity for the controller?
    Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV
    The following user likes this Post: Toxic

Platform
    PC
    Driving on grass versus the track should be pretty obvious, there is a lot more friction so the wheel(s) will slow down and the car will turn towards it. The bigger the difference between the track and whatever else you are driving on, the faster the car will turn.
    CPU: Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5GHz | GPU: Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, 4GB | MoBo: Gigabyte G1 Sniper H6 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 | PSU: Corsair CS750M | HDD: Plextor 256GB SSD & WD 4TB HDD | OS: Win 7 Professional, 64-bit | Display: LG 42" TV | Audio: Logitech Z906 | Control: Xbox 360 controller

Platform
    PC
    THe grass is OK for me, but I noticed too that if you touch another car or the wall, you stick to it. And it feels a bit more an issue than in other games I've played with, especially in case of car to car collisions. It's like there wouldn't be a bounce-back effect, or it just doesn't count as much as it should.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by awaite85 View Post
    Have you ever played a racing game? Most of the stuff you listed just needs practice sounds like to me.

I have noticed 2 cars bumping or rubbing, you pretty much veer off with that car. That's how it works on the real tracks usually too though.

Not all of the cars slide off after 2 tires hit the grass.

Rest of it is just car tuning man.
    How it works on the real tracks? Have you been racing in Narnia? I understand the physics behind the grass thing but it's far too excessive. It usually depends on the scenario but in "real life" you'd ease off the throttle and steer back onto the track. Other times you can keep your foot planted and do that.
    Maybe it's the fact that I don't have a wheel so need someone who has one to clarify

Platform
    PC
    The bottom line is grass is really hard to get right. You'll always have some saying its too slippy or got too much grip. Too much drag or not enough.

What is implemented here is progressive drag, the further off track you go the more drag, to simulate the grass getting longer and to reduce the advantage from track cutting as much as possible.

It's not perfect, probably never will be but may see further tweaks as we progress and the community make observations and suggestions.
    CPU: i5 3570 @ 4.2GhZ | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHz | Board: Gigabyte Z77-DH3
    GP: GTX 960 4Gb
    SDD: Samsung Evo 850 512Gb

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Also, anyone got anything on the oversteer issue? Before someone says it, no, I don't want to turn on opposite lock help - makes the game less authentic.

I've managed to set top10 laptimes for a few tracks and cars (time trial) so I'm not completely useless.

One good note to point out - Having driven round the nurburgring I can say that you guys have done an amazing job with it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by could_do_better View Post
    The bottom line is grass is really hard to get right. You'll always have some saying its too slippy or got too much grip. Too much drag or not enough.

What is implemented here is progressive drag, the further off track you go the more drag, to simulate the grass getting longer and to reduce the advantage from track cutting as much as possible.

It's not perfect, probably never will be but may see further tweaks as we progress and the community make observations and suggestions.
    Okay, sounds good. Thanks.