Thread: Leader boards ( A question for the Devs )

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Leader boards ( A question for the Devs )

First off let me just say I am totally in love with the game, it's truly an amazing, incredibly immersive game and I would like to thank everyone involved with the project.

Now down to my question ( sorry if it's been asked before but I'm fairly new to the forum ) I play all aspects of the game, but spend a good majority of my time hot lapping against friends, could one of the Devs please confirm for me if we will see a friends leaderboard coming any time soon? Also is there any chance of splitting the leaderboards up into categories ie silverstone formula A B C etc because as it stands now if I do some hot lapping in formula A then at a later date do the same track in a formula C car my laps for the formula C car are not recorded, due to having already done the track in a much faster car.

Once again thanks for a truly amazing game

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yes, I would like to ask for that too. Talking to a lot of people who I know from former racing games and who are preferring to hotlap and to take part in hotlap competitions, I can confirm that a lot of players are missing a better sorted and filtered leaderboard.
    Please sort the leaderboards by tracks and car classes (sorted as they race against in career classes like GT3, Formula A, LMP1, superkart 250ccm and so on. It isn't really useful to see Formula Rookie cars compared to Formula A cars).

Another important point to mention is the filter. Please implement a view where you can compare your lap times to those of your friends. That brings a lot of more fun to the game, because a lot of people are more interested in a comparison to friends than to unknown people. It also will help a lot to organize "private" hotlap competitions.

At last a great improvement of the leaderbords would be to show the total number of people who set times on a single track or rival event. I think it is nice to see myself at position 350 on the Merc190E - Hockenheim national event, but I dont know what this ranking is really worth, because I can't find out the total number of players. (350th of 400000 players is decent, 350th of 400 is not worth to talk about e.g.)

It is a minor amount of work and should be done easily but a major improvement and gain of fun.
    Last edited by bluesky0870; 30-05-2015 at 09:25.

Platform
    PC
    Moved to Feature Suggestions for better visibility.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Also, on consol it is not possible to filter the lap times to car class or specific make/model just car category. It would be great to have this functionality seeing as how PC players have it.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I'd really like the leaderboards to filter times for a certain car

I love the Formula c car and use it a lot but i have no idea how my times compare

Without the ability to filter the leaderboard in timetrial we might as well only be able to use the quickest car in each class

Platform
    XBOX1
    They need to get track limits sorted first imo.
    GT: o Mike V o

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by o Mike V o View Post
    They need to get track limits sorted first imo.
    That might be the case, but I was asking if there's any chance of a friends leaderboard coming soon, and besides the majority of my friends stick to the track limits, as do i. Any Devs got a minute to answer my polite, reasonable question?

Would dearly love to see the old option to show all tracks, all cars for one driver. A column of 1's with a single 4 drove me to distraction. AND generated more than one new friend. Rapid ID of arch enemies����
    RayH

I TOO am totally faster than Jasnoo UNS (unless he tries) and I am OLD and Fat

CPU Intel I5 4460 3.20GHz Mobo HP? | RAM 12GB | GPU NVIDIA GForce GTX770 Driver: 9.18.13.4788| Audio NVIDIA OS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G-27

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Count me in among those who'd like an update on the leaderboards. The change I'd like to see the most, and almost everyone I've talked to about it agrees, is that I'd like class specific leaderboards. I race GT3 cars almost exclusively. I'd like to compare my GT3 lap times to the other fastest GT3 XB1 users, not to the Zonda or it's RUF counterpart. Take Imola for example: when compared to the other fastest GT3 times, I'd be in the top 5 which is ridiculous, to be honest. I know I'm fast, but I'm not that fast lol.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar Matt View Post
    Count me in among those who'd like an update on the leaderboards. The change I'd like to see the most, and almost everyone I've talked to about it agrees, is that I'd like class specific leaderboards. I race GT3 cars almost exclusively. I'd like to compare my GT3 lap times to the other fastest GT3 XB1 users, not to the Zonda or it's RUF counterpart. Take Imola for example: when compared to the other fastest GT3 times, I'd be in the top 5 which is ridiculous, to be honest. I know I'm fast, but I'm not that fast lol.
    You just would be imaginary in top5 of GT3 because the guys, who are usually faster than you or me in GT3, have set a leaderboard time with a car of a higher class. Due to the actual leaderboard system they'll never be able to put a GT3-lap time for the same track on the board and we'll never have the opportunity to compare our GT3 - times to them.
    That makes the leaderboards, as they actually are, useless and worthless in my eyes.
    Last edited by bluesky0870; 01-06-2015 at 11:41.