Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you review Telemetry?

Platform
    PS4

How do you review Telemetry?

Hi all,

I'm not a full on tuner but I like making minor adjustments for a better race car, things like brake ducts, aero, tyre pressures, slight softening of suspension and on the fly anti-roll bar changes.

The only problem is reviewing the telemetry as it's not available in a saved replay or to review prior.

So I'm wondering how you guys review it? I had thought about completing each lap bringing the HUD up and taking a screen shot, I cannot drive with the HUD on all the time I just crash or end up on the grass when I look at it.

I'm not moaning, I'm sure a fix will be along soon just looking for s solution until it's sorted
    Last edited by jimmyb_84; 30-05-2015 at 11:00.
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Platform
    PC
    It's not easy on the PS4, there are add-on Apps for the PC that allow it to be saved in real time for review off line, or even streamed to another screen or PC, tablet or smart phone for live analysis. I'm afraid that's one area where PC flexibility wins over console ease of use.
    CPU: i5 3570 @ 4.2GhZ | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHz | Board: Gigabyte Z77-DH3
    GP: GTX 960 4Gb
    SDD: Samsung Evo 850 512Gb

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Kind of a pain but you could always setup your phone or iPad and record a lap with telemetry on. Just a thought.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    this is the way i do it, i dont concentrate on the telemetry whilst driving. set the hud so the telemetry is your option and on when you leave the pits, as soon as your cars moving in the pitlane double click the share button this will start recording a video. concentrate on driving clean laps and focus on the track not the telemetry. do as many laps as you need to do and keep them clean and consistent. i normally do 1 lap to warm up the tyres and brakes then a few laps at pace a slowdown lap then some practice starts, when you return to the pitlane and have finished your little test session click on the share button again and this will give you the video of your hotlaps with onboard telemetry to study over. works for me and is very easy to do
    Last edited by MiZtErNiCe; 30-05-2015 at 12:12.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MiZtErNiCe View Post
    this is the way i do it, i dont concentrate on the telemetry whilst driving. set the hud so the telemetry is your option and on when you leave the pits, as soon as your cars moving in the pitlane double click the share button this will start recording a video. concentrate on driving clean laps and focus on the track not the telemetry. do as many laps as you need to do and keep them clean and consistent. i normally do 1 lap to warm up the tyres and brakes then a few laps at pace a slowdown lap then some practice starts, when you return to the pitlane and have finished your little test session click on the share button again and this will give you the video of your hotlaps with onboard telemetry to study over. works for me
    I may have to try that later, I'm rubbish with the telemetry HUD onscreen might not get proper reading as I'll be driving different. I'm particularly interesting tyre/brake temps for now
    YouTube Channel
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Other games use the second screen feature on the PS4 so I'm hoping SMS might have a look into it at some point but obviously their a bit busy at the minute with patches

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MiZtErNiCe View Post
    this is the way i do it, i dont concentrate on the telemetry whilst driving. set the hud so the telemetry is your option and on when you leave the pits, as soon as your cars moving in the pitlane double click the share button this will start recording a video. concentrate on driving clean laps and focus on the track not the telemetry. do as many laps as you need to do and keep them clean and consistent. i normally do 1 lap to warm up the tyres and brakes then a few laps at pace a slowdown lap then some practice starts, when you return to the pitlane and have finished your little test session click on the share button again and this will give you the video of your hotlaps with onboard telemetry to study over. works for me and is very easy to do
    You don't have to double tap the share button the playstation automatically records your last 15 minutes of gameplay just hit the share button then save video clip

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I know I'm in the wrong forum to ask this question but can anyone confirm if recording on the Xbone works the same way? I've been wondering how I can use telemetry as well.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Last I heard Xbox increased the automatic video capture to match the playstation so yes but how you save it I have no idea

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos81255 View Post
    Other games use the second screen feature on the PS4 so I'm hoping SMS might have a look into it at some point but obviously their a bit busy at the minute with patches

I asked that question a few weeks ago, I got "it's not quite that simple" so I'm not holding my breath.
    YouTube Channel