Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PLEASE, GIVE US A CAR RADAR IN THE HUD! :)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    IMO if you're using just single screen and it is not a 40+ inch TV right in your face, you should think about making compromises regarding a realistic FOV.
    I have a 43 and its in my face but still no mirrors. Sometimes I get a portion of the rear view if it has one, but I use the fake rear mirror if needed. Open wheels I can always see side mirrors but not in tin tops. I'll sacrifice side mirror for proper fov any day. I don't need em. All about awareness and anticipation. I probably don't mind from years of no mirror on my kart Plus crew chief takes care of it for me.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, Bealdor, McKiernan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi!

I agree, pCars need some king of spotting systems. There is a huge blind zones at the sides if you have only one monitor and realistic FOV. Yes, there are Look Left/Right buttons, but I don't like how they realized, I'm getting dizzy using them - I feel like I'm spinning when using them. I would prefer they had fixed positions, not a fast panning like it is now!

Currently I'm using CrewChief app for spotting, and I like it very much!

I like the spotting system in Codemaster's F1 games, especially in 2016 - white arrows showing direction and distance to the car. For those who want realism, it can be switchable in game settings, and no problem, you can keep realism as much as you like. But I would like to have an option !!!

BR,
    Last edited by Tepp; 18-08-2016 at 10:52.
    System: i5-4690S, GTX 1070; Wheel: G27

Platform
    PC
    I radar HUD option could certain help, although I'm concerned that newer drivers may pay more attention to that instead of the corner exit when required (leading to out-of-control moments and collisions anyway. Perhaps we'll get one for pC2 (I don't know).

Very happy using the crew chief app in the meantime.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display BenQ E2420HD 24" LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters (x64 DX11 not gold)

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Platform
    PS4
    Crew Chief is your friend !
    Audio call on other cars position, ie: On your left...still there... cleared !
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...crewchief.full

And it's one of the only app that dont lock the port for itself on the androids, so you can run other app like HUD displays at same time, if the HUD dont lock the port either.

PCar Dash and Crew Chief is a good combo.
    DIY PVC Rig, Corbeau Seat, T300Rs+599xx Wheel, TH8A Shifter, ClubSport v2 Pedals over CPX
    BenQ W1070 1080p DLP -> 88 inches, 5.1 System, pCars Dash & Crew Chief on tablets, testing others as they come.
    IgnitiON PS4 Button Box, USB-Numpad on the side, Wonderfull Wife that let me race as much I want !