Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AI Lights

Platform
    PC

AI Lights

For performance reasons (lighting and shadow calculations) the AI do not run with headlights during bad conditions when the sun is up. Bit of a shame, but understandable.
    Is there a way to get some of the benefit with a fraction of the performance cost though?

eg. just have flat representations of their headlights appearing in the rear view mirror - not projecting any light and therefore not creating additional shadows. Similar to how old-school games might have done it. I don't think it would look too bad.
    and/or possibly running with only tail lights on when in foggy/heavy rain conditions. Similar to their brake lights, just not as intense/bright.

MB Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 // CPU Intel i9 9900K // RAM Corsair Vengeance RGP Pro 32GB DDR4 @3200MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia 1080 Ti // M.2 NVME SSD Samsung 960 EVO 2TB // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x62 280mm AIO // Case Fractal Design Define R6 Type C // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive
    The following 3 users likes this Post: birdmanbcon90, casscroute, seb02

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Anyone ????

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    For performance reasons (lighting and shadow calculations) the AI do not run with headlights during bad conditions when the sun is up. Bit of a shame, but understandable.
    Is there a way to get some of the benefit with a fraction of the performance cost though?

eg. just have flat representations of their headlights appearing in the rear view mirror - not projecting any light and therefore not creating additional shadows. Similar to how old-school games might have done it. I don't think it would look too bad.
    and/or possibly running with only tail lights on when in foggy/heavy rain conditions. Similar to their brake lights, just not as intense/bright.
    Not in all races, but since patch 3 I did several Championship races (GT5 and GT4) and invitationals in foggy/rainy conditions where AI used their headlights. White, yellow and blue for that matter. Well visible in the mirrors and even reflections on track were there. Happened at Bathurst, Sakitto International, Snetterton, Brno etc...
    When different parts of the track are close together, you can also see them running headlights.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanapryde View Post
    Not in all races, but since patch 3 I did several Championship races (GT5 and GT4) and invitationals in foggy/rainy conditions where AI used their headlights.
    Likely due to time of day rather than weather conditions (as you said in your other post, it was early evening). If you run a Quick Race using Thunderstorm at the time of 1PM/13:00, it will be dark and the AI cars will not have their lights on.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: seb02

Platform
    PC
    Hi !

I just don't want a discussion about that instead of having AI lights already. Just do it and include the option that you can turn off that feature in the graphic options.

Solution found
    CPU: i5-4460 - Graphics: MSI GTX960 - MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB
    OS: Win10 64bit - SSD: Kingston 60GB - HDD: Seagate 500GB - Case: beQuiet! Silent Base 800

Platform
    PS4
    Talking about AI lights.... have you also noticed that the headlights of the AI's can be seen when you look back in the dark, but not if you look in the mirror... hmmmm? personally I find it nice to see in my mirror if someone is driving just behind me.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goeiste View Post
    Talking about AI lights.... have you also noticed that the headlights of the AI's can be seen when you look back in the dark, but not if you look in the mirror... hmmmm? personally I find it nice to see in my mirror if someone is driving just behind me.
    IIRC that was workaround for the problem when mirror headlights were making cockpits dark (because of exposure calculation) just like current flare does.
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Rain lights.

Could I please suggest the AI should turn their lights on in wet weather? It's the first thing we're all told to do, with maybe the exception of putting on the wipers!

Thanks.
    The following user likes this Post: casscroute

Platform
    PC
    Threads merged.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by tclancey View Post
    Could I please suggest the AI should turn their lights on in wet weather? It's the first thing we're all told to do, with maybe the exception of putting on the wipers!

Thanks.
    Bumping this, because I had a very embarassing moment in Formula C during a wet race that costed me my championship ;-;

At the very least Formula cars should run with rain lights in the rain, as they don't have headlights to even turn on so the performance affect shouldn't be more than brake lights, of which they also don't have. So in the case of Formula cars, I'm not sure I understand unless it's some kind of global parameter.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321
    The following user likes this Post: Jego