Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TM shifter. H box car list

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel97 View Post
    You can map so 5+7 are only 5 same as you did with the card
    can see where you are coming from, but, and its a big but, bigger but than nikki minage,
    What happens when you have mistakenly selected seventh (now acting as a fifth) and you pull the stick back to hook up sixth only to find reverse? Sticking with the blanking for now. Horses for courses.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Not trying to be argumentative, just saying, it works fine for me. Bear in mind though, ps4 lets you select the lost seventh if you really need it, through paddles, not sure same applies on other platforms.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    You can also try the following.. the shifter is physically labeled for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,R. Map reverse in the #1 slot... leave # 2 blank - then map First gear to the #3 slot, second gear to the #4 slot and so on.. will give you six gears with reverse to the top far left.

The issue here would be missing 2nd on a downshift and hitting the blank spot.. not sure if that really helps though.
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire77 View Post
    You can also try the following.. the shifter is physically labeled for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,R. Map reverse in the #1 slot... leave # 2 blank - then map First gear to the #3 slot, second gear to the #4 slot and so on.. will give you six gears with reverse to the top far left.

The issue here would be missing 2nd on a downshift and hitting the blank spot.. not sure if that really helps though.
    I would definitely consider that kind of thing! The 5-speed boxes I'm used to have reverse down and left (position 2), with 1st in position 3 and so on, just as you say.

As another option, wondering if there are H-plates that replace or go on top of the standard one to restrict selection of the gears. It would be possible to make I think but might be expensive to do in small quantities. No big deal really.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I forgot to add, for anyone thinking of the bank card option. I only had one card and it took me two attempts to get it right. Had i not done so, i was going to try cutting it so that the reverse gear slot was covered with a bendable piece to act as a detante. I dont know if it would have worked, but it might be an option for anybody else going that route.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Would it be an idea to add the cars with the sequential stick shift like tge Ginetta and tge supercharged Arial.
    I don't know by heart which cars all have it but I think between all of us we should come close.
    Dutchman on PS4 with T300, T3pa, Th8a and playseat challenge.
    Enthusiastic but slightly below average driver.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel97 View Post
    I have question if i turn off auto clutch in game settings so i can use the H shifter but then jump in a car that doesnt have H shifter and have to use the paddles will the auto clutch reengage and work or would i have to use the clutch ? I tried using the clutch and paddle shifters and it just feels wrong.
    Anybody have thoughts on this ?
    PS4 / T300 RS / T3PA PRO's / TH8A / DX RACER WHEELSTAND

EXCUSE MY BAD ENGLISH , I'M AMERICAN

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think you will have to reselect auto clutch in the game settings. Otherwise the game thinks you want manual clutch even if you are using paddle shifters. It won't change to auto-clutch automatically AFAIK (some people might want manual clutch + paddle shifters).

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gejabo View Post
    Would it be an idea to add the cars with the sequential stick shift like tge Ginetta and tge supercharged Arial.
    I don't know by heart which cars all have it but I think between all of us we should come close.
    What do you mean? Ginetta and ariel are already listed? Or have i misunderstood?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo944 View Post
    What do you mean? Ginetta and ariel are already listed? Or have i misunderstood?
    I think he means they are sequential but use a stick at your side that you pull and push vs using the paddles. The TH8a shifter has an H plate and sequential plate. He wants to use the shifter with the sequential plate if the car has the sequential stick in real life.
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC
    The following user likes this Post: Diablo944