Thread: TX wheel and settings help

Platform
    XBOX1

TX wheel and settings help

can someone point me in the way of the most "current" and decent settings for the TX wheel since patch 1.3 that people are happy with, i have read tons of posts on the subject and its all getting a bit confusing now , and could someone confirm if the devs are fixing the FFB issue in the upcoming 1.4 patch

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Have a read on their Facebook page worked for me and I've left all at default except dead zones 0-100
    https://www.facebook.com/Thrustmaste...=page_internal

Platform
    XBOX1
    yeah read all though there , and read pretty much most of the posts on here i could find , a lot of conflicting settings and im getting tired of messing with settings in order to feel the car , after spendin a fortune on wheels (my first tx had to go back as it packed up) im now on my second , just bought an add on rim and playseat challenge so close to 500 on stuff to get the most fun out of this game and its just getting a bit of a bitter pill taste now, im looking at the jack spade settings spending ages tweaking them all to all tracks etc and saving but then people are adding more tweaks on top , its getting silly now , i just want to race without having a PhD in game force feedback settings

Platform
    XBOX1
    I've spent a ridiculous number of manhours going through everyone's suggestions on here and other forums, online videos and even reading the PDF going over ProjectCARS FFB topology (which is a good reference albeit a bit high level). I even went so far as to turn off every setting and bring them in one at a time make adjustments, write it down, turn it back off and go to the next setting until I got through all of them....took hours. I then tweaked and dialed for another few hours to get it as best as I could and while pretty good I was getting some clipping that I couldn't track down. I compared my settings to the JackSpade settings and was really close on almost all of them. The two that were pretty far off I set to JackSpade's settings and it fixed everything.

The point of all that crap I just posted?

Use JackSpade's settings. Use only JackSpade's settings. For everything. He also posted a few additional tips to dial in various levels of compression and I used moderate and it made it feel a bit stronger which I liked.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post948159

I'm sorry, but everyone else's settings right cause clipping or other problems and none of them let me feel as much as his settings do. Plus it's a lot easier to load up his spreadsheet on my tablet and have that sitting beside me to input on my xBox anytime that I change a car. It's organized, it's fairly simple once you do it a few times and it's given the best results by a significant margin for me.

So the steps I would suggest?

1. Reset all of your FFB settings to default.
    2. Recalibrate your wheel and pedals.
    3. Input JackSpade's default settings for the system itself (the first tab of the spreadsheet).
    4. Input the per car settings on the car of your choice (I prefer the one with SoP).
    5. Go for a spin and see how you like it.
    6. Use the link above to go in and tweak the overall strength (compression) based on whether you want more or less.
    7. Drive it like you stole it and don't think about it again.
    The following user likes this Post: psydeviant1

Platform
    XBOX1
    yep ive been reading you posts ashasha and i agree the settings are the best so far , when you say you used moderate for his latest tweaks would that be (D) in the setting of the above link

Platform
    XBOX1
    problem i have with the above settings on the xb1 the soft clippin half and full move in .50 increments ie 0.50 / 1.00 /1.50 and so on , i cant get 1.29 or 1.10

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've done about the same as ashasha did and came to this conclusion :

Tire Force 100
    Per Wheel Movement 0
    Per Wheel Movement Squared 0
    Wheel Position Smoothing 0.04
    Deadzone Removal Range 0
    Deadzone Removal Falloff 0.01

Linkage Scale 0
    Linkage Stiffness 1.00
    Linkage Damping 1.00
    Relative adjust gain 1.22
    Relative adjust bleed 0.10
    Relative adjust clamp 1.04
    Scoop knee 0.70
    Scoop reduction 0.15
    Soft clipping half output 1.50
    Soft clipping full output 0.50 These 2 are the most important settings to compensate the weak tx-wheel.

These are the ffb settings in main menu. I combine these with the Jack Spade's classic settings but you can also combine these with the standard settings per car.

Platform
    XBOX1
    roccoTTS i tried your settings and i think i like them as they suit my style combined with the fy-sop settings , i think its about as good as its gunna get till they sort out the whole feedback issue,(which i hope they do as far as i can tell the people with the pc version confirmed its very lacking) cant say thanks enough to all who has spent hours n hours tinkering and fiddling , this is something i get lost in, but im starting to understand how things change per slider , thanks chaps thumbs up
    The following user likes this Post: RoccoTTS

Platform
    XBOX1
    yes using roccoTTS settings using the the Merc C-DTM around oulton fosters ive just set a 00;58;294 after 3 laps i added 20ish to the jack spade fy-soplatt settings all assists off , i like it probably not to everyones tastes but i feel i can finally start to put some decent times in

master scale 32
    fx scale 82.01
    fy scale 44.00
    fz scale 98.00
    mz scale 98.00

sop scale 32.0
    sop lat scale 70.0
    sop diff scale 80.0

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    For me it was also a steep learning curve. When i started this game i knew nothing about ffb. And now a little bit more than nothing.
    All thanks goes to Jack Spade. I use his settings and try to understand what they do and tweak them a bit to my style.
    The following user likes this Post: psydeviant1