Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: set up for hockenheim national community event? ps4.

Platform
    PS4

set up for hockenheim national community event? ps4.

hi does anyone have a tuning set up for hockenheim national using the Mercedes 190E. (corrected well spotted vermin )
    I can get into 1 min 34s but cant get any quicker with stock setup. had a little play
    with set ups adjusting gear ratios but car seems to want to go sideways when i brake from a straight line.
    post your times with the setups if you have any to share. looking for ps4 set ups please.
    Last edited by ThePla7Maker; 01-06-2015 at 15:39.
    ps4. Psn- ThePla7Maker. looking for drivers who want to race clean and have fun from UK we have 4 or 5 who usually race between 10pm - 12am. looking for a few more , we also use ai to make up the numbers . we use different cars different tracks with a qualify then race.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    I drive stock, bīcoz communtiy is selfish, and did only the lsd moved to 75 and de-acceleration around 35-40...i moved the weight one click to the left from the middle (weight distribution) and iīve tried the toe angle etc...front are -2.7 and rear 2.1 or lower....brake duckt is around 35-40, ride hight is around 75-60 (front-rear) suspenssion is soft, as front so rear, try balancing and playing a bit..

I hope it helps a bit my friend, good luck!

Platform
    PS4
    Hiya,

Was thinking of starting a similar thread so thanks. I'm on a PS4 controller.

When I started off my best time was just under 1:34 like you. Then I realised many people must be cutting the first corner and going wide at the exit, as if you do it right it doesn't invalidate your lap, and this saves you over a second. You can also go wide at turn 10 (right hander with the blue advertising on run off to the left of the kerb) without invalidating your lap to save you several tenths. It's corner cutting/track extending, but until SMS decide to fix the detection to the white lines, it's the only way to reach the top spot.

So I then managed a 1:31.9 with the stock tune.

After tightening up some of my lines - e.g. optimising a late apex and exit from turn 2, and entry into turn 11 making sure to get over to the right side kerb in order to get the power back on sooner - managed to get this down to a 1:31.6.

Today I tweaked the setup a little, mainly to improve the turn in understeer. My changes included:

- Increasing rear tyre pressures to 1.60 both sides to improve understeer
    - Reducing front sway bar 3 or 4 clicks to increase front grip
    - Reducing rear downforce to 1 to improve straight line speed and reduce understeer
    - Moving final gearing to just under 5 to get to top of 6th at the end of the longest straight
    - Reducing brake duct to 50% to help keep brakes hot
    - Reducing radiator to 50% increase straight line speed?
    - Reduced LSD accel to 25% to minimise the chance of power oversteer on exits (so hard to be gentle on the pad!)
    - Moved brake bias forward to 60% (since I was never locking my fronts)

Haven't messed with other suspension bits yet, but I reckon my best time so far is a potential high 1:30. On 1:31.4 now.

The other second would come from being smoother and maxmising track use, but that's lack of skill on my part!
    Last edited by choupolo; 31-05-2015 at 19:25.

Platform
    PS4
    thanks that's great help . seems I have a way to go on default set up before changing anything . I will have a few laps then I will use some of your tuning tips. im also using automatic with traction control only.

iwanchek what time are you doing on those settings?
    ps4. Psn- ThePla7Maker. looking for drivers who want to race clean and have fun from UK we have 4 or 5 who usually race between 10pm - 12am. looking for a few more , we also use ai to make up the numbers . we use different cars different tracks with a qualify then race.

Platform
    XBOX1

Hey all,
    Pla7maker, good thread call. I'm assuming you guys are driving the Mercedes 190E and not the BMW E30, since that's what we're running on the xbox. I figure it's just a slip of the tongue due to the similarity of the rides. If not disregard what follows.

I geeked out hard lapping and tweaking yesterday and I really like the way this car feels. I am definitely not fast, but trying to get better. I started out running mid-1:34's and am currently at 1:31.7. I'm trying to run within the track boundaries. I do dive bomb the first corner, but am not allowing myself to accept laps where I go completely out on the left side after. When looking at splits I'm typically around mid to high 23's on section 1 and mid to low 34's on section 2. I would really like someone who's fast to try out my settings and see if it's capable of a fast time and let me know what it lacks or does well. I would also hope that someone who is rowing the same boat as me and looking to improve could jump in and feel it's more responsive than the stock setup; again letting me know what is lacking or what it did well for them.

Here it be (note: I use a controller with no assists):

(Geekin' and tweakin' y'all! Added changes in italics.)

Tires
    Front L/R: 1.50/1.50
    Rear L/R: 1.40/1.40

Brakes
    Pressure: 90%
    Balance: 55%-changed to 58%
    Duct: 20%

Downforce and bias
    Rear downforce: 4.0
    Long Weight Bias: 52%

Castor, Camber, Toe
    L/R Castor: 6.0- changed to 6.4
    Front L/R Camber: -2.8- changed to -2.3
    Rear L/R Camber: -2.4- changed to -1.9
    Front toe: -0.1- changed to 0.1
    Rear toe: 0.0

Height, Spring, Sway
    Front L/R height: 65
    Rear L/R height: 89
    Front L/R spring: 150
    Rear L/R spring: 130
    Front sway: 80
    Rear sway: 40

Damping
    Front L/R bumpstop: 20
    Rear L/R bumpstop: 16

Front L/R slow bump: 6650
    Rear L/R slow bump: 5500

Front L/R fast bump: 4700
    Rear L/R fast bump: 2750

Front L/R slow rebound: 10200
    Rear L/R slow rebound: 9400

Front L/R fast rebound: 5000
    Rear L/R fast rebound: 3600

Differential
    Accel: 53%
    Decel: 43%
    Preload: 40
    Radiator: 30%

Best time with above settings but I feel I get better rotation in slow corners with what follows:

Accel: 59%
    Decel: 40%
    Preload: 60
    Radiator: 30%

Final drive: 4.73 changed to 4.81
    Brake Map: 0
    Restrictor: 80

Thanks all,
    VarmintKong
    Last edited by VarmintKong; 04-06-2015 at 00:18.
    The following user likes this Post: Saucyboy

Platform
    PS4
    Looking forward to running for a few hours tonight from about 9pm UK time (once the kids are asleep!). If you're about we can share tips as we go!

Varmint, so are you going right of the big sausage kerb at turn 1 but slowing enough to avoid going over the exit kerb? I can try your settings out trying to stay within the lines and see what time I can get.

Btw, I also use no assists and manual gears.
    Last edited by choupolo; 01-06-2015 at 16:26.

Platform
    PS4
    thanks varmin for tips. I have done over 50 laps but cant seem to get under 134 even with manual and auto im the same pace. guess everyone seems to be stuck at 131. but I cant even get there

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by choupolo View Post
    Varmint, so are you going right of the big sausage kerb at turn 1 but slowing enough to avoid going over the exit kerb? I can try your settings out trying to stay within the lines and see what time I can get.
    Choupolo, that's exactly what I'm doin'; blipping the brake and keeping it in 6th hoping to come out of the turn above 100 mph. I would definitely appreciate you giving it a run.

Pla7maker, keep at it. It's a pain making the switch from auto to manual, but you'll be glad you did once it clicks.
    Last edited by VarmintKong; 03-06-2015 at 19:59.

Platform
    PS4
    Made some more improvements to the setup and am now on 1:30.550 with another half a second coming for sure.

I've made it so the car consistently turns in well but is prone to slight oversteer on the exit. Following the last lot of changes I did this:

- Final gears are at 4.8
    - Stiffened rear sway bar 40 (Front sway soft at 70)
    - Decreased rear tyre pressures to 1.40
    - Increased front left pressure to 1.70
    - Reduced brake duct 25%
    - Reduced radiator 5%
    - Brake bias 65%
    - LSD Accel 40%
    - Longitudinal weight bias back 52%
    - Brake map 0

Sorry Varmint - haven't tested your settings yet, although many overlap with mine. The game doesn't allow multiple setups so I'll have to write down my own so that I can change them back after! I'll try tonight if time.
    Last edited by choupolo; 03-06-2015 at 12:20.
    Started a racing blog including first impressions of pCARS amongst some other racing experiences - check them out at http://munirchoudhury.blogspot.com/ and let me know what you think.
    I'm also on twitter: https://twitter.com/choupolo
    The following user likes this Post: mjemec11

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by choupolo View Post
    Sorry Varmint - haven't tested your settings yet, although many overlap with mine. The game doesn't allow multiple setups so I'll have to write down my own so that I can change them back after! I'll try tonight if time.
    Don't worry about it Choupolo. I've made some changes since I first posted. I hope you'll get around to giving it a spin and hit me with some feedback. Would you mind posting your whole setup, so I can give it a run and have something to compare to?