Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 24hr Le Mans Ragequit...

Platform
    PS4

24hr Le Mans Ragequit...

I feel the need to tell somebody my story...

I was doing the 24hr Le Mans race on 1% (2 hours), done 40 minutes, it was lap 10 and it was night time, time to pit. I messed up my pit entrance and the stupid AI crashed into the wall, so I lost my nose with the headlights on it. So now, I had no idea where the fu.. I was going! And I am not going to restart and do a whole hour of racing all over again, but I also don't want to retire, it's my first Le Mans so I want to finish it.

So I just turned it off. Might have to turn damage off next time, in case something stupid happens, not worth the risk on such a long ass race. -.-

Perhaps I could have put in the AI driver in the pit stop and let the AI drive until daylight? I wasn't thinking at the time.

Thread is kind of pointless, but yeah... It is "General Discussion" though.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Trust me I know the feeling... Hence why career mode is on hold! Awesome game though !

Platform
    PC
    The pit stop would have repaired it.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: NemethR, WildKarrde

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    The pit stop doesn't fix your lights though otherwise it wouldn't matter

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I honestly wouldn´t mind the damage if the race wasn´t that long. 1 hour as minimum length would be enough - 2 is just too long. Especially because if you do decide to turn damage off and make the AI easy to make sure you win even if you spin out occasionally, it just gets extremely boring.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by marshma11ow8 View Post
    The pit stop doesn't fix your lights though otherwise it wouldn't matter
    I thought it did? Fixes everything on mine, although not sure I've broken my lights.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorAustin View Post
    I thought it did? Fixes everything on mine, although not sure I've broken my lights.
    No it doesn't fix the lights mate, this is a known issue, you are right it fixes everything else although don't be surprised to see it not actually replace body panels- this has happened to me a few times.

I've now had the game crash a few hours into a race 4 times in the Endurance Championship, twice on Le Sarthe so I've abandoned the season. I can take crashes in 4-5 lap races but not when I've put 1-2 hours into a race- in total I've raced approx 6 hours with no finishes.

Love the game but hope this gets sorted.
    Gaming on PS4 XBoxOne PS3 Xbox360 MAC

PSN: slypuss7881
    XBL: slypuss7881

Platform
    PC
    An hour of racing is long for you people? I have run full races before in racing games 3 hours plus.
    Normal people think the same things that creepy people do, but just decide that it's a bad idea.
    The following user likes this Post: Slowsley

Platform
    PC
    HAHA you think that's bad, my first run trying for FULL 24hr race was little over 5 hours in when AI clipped me in Porsche curves as I was slowing for GT car infront, the AI driver came around the outside hit my front wheel causing steering to go off center, The pits call me in due to damaged suspention, ok all good I thought id do 1 more lap as didn't feel too bad, made it to pit entry lap after and Engine blew soon as I left the track to enter Pits.... I was Soooooo pissed off..... I have since completed and Won the 24hr race real time with a mate. but learned to gear it and drive it so as NOT to risk anything, averaging 5 to 10secs off Qualli Pace through the race especially after we got over a full lap lead.

Also if your damaging car breaking Headlights your not in the head space for 24hr racing, its not a sprint its full defencive driving just surviving and staying on lead lap, the AI tend to stop more than you do as the hours pass so gear top gear so your not quite in the redline, slow the car underbrakes before changing down so as not to ping engine, learn to lift and coast to save brakes and fuel use the Motec dash function pages to monitor Engine oil water tire temps brake temps and Fuel per lap makes for interesting race to watch this and try to get best lap for least fuel

FYI 24hours Lemans little over 400 laps fire it up
    Last edited by PJ Dunham; 01-06-2015 at 12:05. Reason: extra thought
    Intel Core i7 - 4770k 4.0GHz/3.9GHz ,16GB DDR3 1866MHz Memory
    AMD Radeon R9 390X 8GB DDR5
    Windows 10 64bit
    XBOX ONE also
    Thrustmaster TX 458 Ferrari Wheel, with GTE and F1 Rims , Fanatec Porsche GT2 w Clubsport Pedals , Logitech G25 Derek Speare Designs Button Box
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Slowsley

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedchaos View Post
    An hour of racing is long for you people? I have run full races before in racing games 3 hours plus.
    I'll happily race for 5 hours but not when there is a fair chance the game will crash, it becomes a waste of time, over 9 endurance races I've had it crash on 4 of them! I've probably just had bad luck but I don;t have to pile hours into races that may go bang!
    Gaming on PS4 XBoxOne PS3 Xbox360 MAC

PSN: slypuss7881
    XBL: slypuss7881