Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pretty angry at the game right now. (venting)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Angry pretty angry at the game right now. (venting)

Ok, i am in a very very bad mood right now. and so bloody angry at the game. Ok, so i have loved the game had nothing but positive things to say. How ever tonight? well it may have all just changed. Driving the M1 BMW procar at Zolder first year of a season mode. first thing that goes wrong: Every time i make a new set up and return to the pits to tweak it, everything is reset right away i can't save a set up. every new session it resets too. the car is undrivable around zolder for me at least with its stock set up which has a high rear brake bias. now, i did not find this silly thing out until after practice. because i went out in Qualy and well kept crashing due to the rear flipping around. OK! so i was pretty hot with this bug. because i spent some time getting my set up right and it was all lost. After some time re trys, i got set up back and got pole! Race time. and of course setup resets, i just changed brake balance and added some rear wing, of course the car wasn't right for me but i was going ok. until i caught a little too much curb like i had been doing in practice and qualy but avoided in the race. it unsettled the car i spun. and yeah, ended up getting T-boned.

I restart the race only go for a 3 lap race. lap two light rain. lap 3 heavy rain. now comes the time i lost all my temper got super angry and rage quit, lost the race and gave up in all honesty i am at a point where i don't even want to play again because of what happened. Seeing as it was raining so hard i had to slow down, it had gone from light rain to bloody monsoon in a few seconds. this is the bit that got me and put me to the point where i am now. The A:I Of course were not effected by the huge rain down pour. the changeable conditions. the A:I were just as fast, nothing changed. A:I leader actually set the fastest lap. So i finished last due to being banged into like it was a online race with people who don't care. and yeah i have just given up.

I know it is pretty extreme reaction for just one race, but with other bugs issues and the A:I acting hopeless and tapping me off. it is getting frustrating. I know people are getting worse bugs and issues too, and i don't want to bash at people because, yes the game is beautiful, and i am enjoying it lots of the time. i have had some good moments. but these bad moments take lots away especially with something this frustrating. I know patches are on their way, and of course many updates and new things and features. and it takes time especially when the game is a little rushed out. but you know, some nights just needs to be vented.

Platform
    PC
    Set-up not loading and AI strength in the rain are known issues.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    The following user likes this Post: Bealdor

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Yep, career has become pointless. Ah well, DiRT Rally 'til it's fixed.

Platform
    PC
    Hang in there kwithey! the devs are on it.

In the meantime, as a workaround for the M1 Procar race @Zolder start on rain tires. The race is short enough to maintain enough grip on the wets even in the dry.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwithey View Post
    Ok, i am in a very very bad mood right now. and so bloody angry at the game. Ok, so i have loved the game had nothing but positive things to say. How ever tonight? well it may have all just changed. Driving the M1 BMW procar at Zolder first year of a season mode. first thing that goes wrong: Every time i make a new set up and return to the pits to tweak it, everything is reset right away i can't save a set up. every new session it resets too. the car is undrivable around zolder for me at least with its stock set up which has a high rear brake bias. now, i did not find this silly thing out until after practice. because i went out in Qualy and well kept crashing due to the rear flipping around. OK! so i was pretty hot with this bug. because i spent some time getting my set up right and it was all lost. After some time re trys, i got set up back and got pole! Race time. and of course setup resets, i just changed brake balance and added some rear wing, of course the car wasn't right for me but i was going ok. until i caught a little too much curb like i had been doing in practice and qualy but avoided in the race. it unsettled the car i spun. and yeah, ended up getting T-boned.

I restart the race only go for a 3 lap race. lap two light rain. lap 3 heavy rain. now comes the time i lost all my temper got super angry and rage quit, lost the race and gave up in all honesty i am at a point where i don't even want to play again because of what happened. Seeing as it was raining so hard i had to slow down, it had gone from light rain to bloody monsoon in a few seconds. this is the bit that got me and put me to the point where i am now. The A:I Of course were not effected by the huge rain down pour. the changeable conditions. the A:I were just as fast, nothing changed. A:I leader actually set the fastest lap. So i finished last due to being banged into like it was a online race with people who don't care. and yeah i have just given up.

I know it is pretty extreme reaction for just one race, but with other bugs issues and the A:I acting hopeless and tapping me off. it is getting frustrating. I know people are getting worse bugs and issues too, and i don't want to bash at people because, yes the game is beautiful, and i am enjoying it lots of the time. i have had some good moments. but these bad moments take lots away especially with something this frustrating. I know patches are on their way, and of course many updates and new things and features. and it takes time especially when the game is a little rushed out. but you know, some nights just needs to be vented.
    I had the same scenario. But with the lotus 98. So at the end I started with.rain tires. Because it was the only chance to win that race. Races under changing conditions are at the moment not fun to drive
    If life gives you lemons than make lemonade out of it
    Xbox gamertag Psychomantyx .....
    Favorite Racinggames: Assetto Corsa - PCars - F1 2017 and lot others since Grand Prix Legends ..........

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    it is good they are known. means they can be fixed. just still gets you ticked off a bit. would be damn hard in the lotus too! thanks for the Wets tip. will give it a go when it happens again. I hope the fix is coming soon. especially for the setup issue. I feel sorry for the dev's as they have lots of work to do, i am not saying that because it is bad, but because of three platforms to sort out bugs on. must be lots of work. and just if devs are reading, i hate writing angry posts, because i know they worked so hard on the game and have pasion. but ti does help getting it out hehe!

Platform
    PC
    After 20 hrs of gameplay I'm sure this game is not finished yet. They released it only because they already postponed two times the release date and couldn't do it another time. Let's just hope they will actually fix the bugs.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, they did say they were going to release and add features, which makes me think unfinished. but sadly that is how the industry works these days. such a rush. and now that games can be patched it means they can fix things later get the release sooner. still they are doing a bloody fine job with a new ip.
    The following user likes this Post: Niveous21

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Now question is when the patch coming?
    Win7 Ultimate 64Bit - i7 4790K - Kingston 8G DDR3 - Gigabyte N970GTX G1 Gaming 4G - Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Corsair Air 540 - Notual NH-D15 - Toshiba Hybrid SSHD 500GB - WD Caviar Blue HDD 1TB 64M SATA 6 - Xonar dgx 5.1 - Enermax MODU87 700W 80Plus Gold Modular - Logitech G27 - Simvibe Sim Commander 4 - 4 X AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker - 2 X ALS A-400.2D 100W Amp - PVC Pipe DIY Racing Rig

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by townnet View Post
    Now question is when the patch coming?
    There's a patch coming soon (it's already in QA phase). No promises that all of your mentioned problems are fixed with it though.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: mister dog, townnet