Platform
    PC

AI 2 Quick

Gt4 at Dubai so I take pole in both quali's with a 1.44

In race ai doing waiting for it 1.41 fastest lap
    More than 5 or so ai in the low 1.42's

What's with this why are the ai so much quicker in race

Not the first time I have noticed this but seems worse in gt4

It's actually the other way around and they're too slow in qualy. Due to them running full fuel there if i remember correctly.
    WIN7x64 | i5 4570 | 8 GB | GTX760 | G25 | Avid Mbox Pro | BenQ W1070 Beamer Topology v3 Tweakers
    The following user likes this Post: wraithsrike

Platform
    PS4
    I've only ran the first race at Dubai so far. I qualified on pole by 4 seconds. In the race I opened up a 5 second lead over 3rd place and a closely following pack. First place opened up a 5 second and growing lead on me. Something was not quite right.

Platform
    PS4
    I dont know whats going on with the AI.....Example: i make a single event, 15 AI, 5 rounds, difficult 50-60.....Everytime the start is good, i safe me place 8 an all good (random position was 14)......So i maybe make a little mistake and come of the road for 2 sec. But after that AI are 50 m. Infront of me, so i try everything to come closer, but abolutly IMPOSSIBLE..........i drive fast but very good and without mistakes, but they are still 50 m. Infront of me....NO CHANCE NO....And something like that happens over 20 times i tryed single events, it makes me absolute crazy and kills my fun for single events against AI!!!

And i am not a badd driver, i dont make much mistakes, but it still happens....Thats why i almost only play free training, i cant play online on ps4 thats why i always try to play with AI....And to scale down the difficult like 30-40 is to easy........i drive almost all classes, GT3, ROAD, LMP that are the most

So i hope it goes something better with the AI.....Its terrible

Quote Originally Posted by mire2 View Post
    I dont know whats going on with the AI.....Example: i make a single event, 15 AI, 5 rounds, difficult 50-60.....Everytime the start is good, i safe me place 8 an all good (random position was 14)......So i maybe make a little mistake and come of the road for 2 sec. But after that AI are 50 m. Infront of me, so i try everything to come closer, but abolutly IMPOSSIBLE..........i drive fast but very good and without mistakes, but they are still 50 m. Infront of me....NO CHANCE NO....And something like that happens over 20 times i tryed single events, it makes me absolute crazy and kills my fun for single events against AI!!!

And i am not a badd driver, i dont make much mistakes, but it still happens....Thats why i almost only play free training, i cant play online on ps4 thats why i always try to play with AI....And to scale down the difficult like 30-40 is to easy........i drive almost all classes, GT3, ROAD, LMP that are the most

This may not be accurate, but it could be that you're going off track and getting your tyres dirty and then starting with a bit lower grip you're pushing harder to catch up and therefore putting too much heat into the tyres?

Platform
    PS4
    Ok maybe but not always when i just go off trach, also when i get crashed little or when i needed a little longer in the corners then the AI...after that i do everything to drive clear and when this works, still impossible to come closer.....Hmmm i still will try to handle it in the future but after 20 tryings i must post it ^^..........Oh and thanks for the tip maybe it goes better when. i come off he track

Quote Originally Posted by mire2 View Post

I may be completely wrong here but, judging by the difficulty you mention your skill is not quite there yet.
    What I mean by this is that you may know the track but not necessarily know how to drive fast on it. Your braking points might be off (too early or too late) the speed you carry through turns is probably too slow and most likely in the wrong gear which gives you a slow exit out of the turn hence you cannot catch up with the AI like you mentioned.

These are observations I made when some of my friends had a go at pCARS. Once they watched me driving they have changed the way they attacked the corners and improved almost immediately.

Do not get discouraged, keep practising learn the track well, experiment with different braking points and different gears through turns and in no time you'll be raising the difficulty I'm sure.

And most of all HAVE FUN
    PC SPEC |CPU i7 3770K @ 4.7GHz | Cooling Corsair H100 | M/B Asus P8Z77-V PRO| RAM 16GB 4x4 G.Skill DDR3 12800 | STORAGE Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD | GFX ASUS GTX680 DCII TOP 2GB | OS Windows 10 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27 | DK2 |Case Coolemaster RC-692A-KKN5
    FIDELITY | Resolution 1920x1080 | Windowed Mode ON | Texture Resolution High | Texture Filtering 16x | V-Sync NO | Anti-Aliasing DS4X | FXAA Post OFF | SMAA Post OFF | Reflections Medium | EnvMap Medium | Vehicle Detail High | World Detail High | Shadow Detail Medium | Motion Blur OFF | Render Frames Ahead 1
    VISUAL FX | Heat Haze OFF | Detailed Grass OFF | HDR Photographic| | GSI On | Flare OFF

| Pit Engineer OFF | Crew Chief ON |

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TenthDan View Post
    This may not be accurate, but it could be that you're going off track and getting your tyres dirty and then starting with a bit lower grip you're pushing harder to catch up and therefore putting too much heat into the tyres?
    he speaks wise words !!
    and hes not being patronising.. go watch an episode of BTCC, infact, watch 2 or 3.. car set ups let teams down each week, tiniest of driver errors cost places, and championships.. sooooo many diff areas the team or driver can get wrong by tiniest of fractions and it will hurt your race
    Do you use a wheel or pad ? if pad, try a wheel, world of difference and feel.. if you have feedback on it, its even better.

Certain Tuning can gain you a second or 2 each lap.. even if you think you have the sweet spot already.. theres many settings to harness the power xD
    Do you really know the track well enough to take EVERY corner right EVERY time? i know i dont yet..
    Being generous, thats probably 5-10 secs a lap on the medium/long tracks, = 60 second possibly over a larger number of laps.. until tyres wear ofc, minus the cold tyre starts.. u got 30-45 secs to play with.. how does that leaderboard look now ? then cut the generous time in half.. 15-20 secs over whole race.. my bet is that it would get you somewhere close..

Its a very difficult game in some parts, which is how it should be imo.... we want the challenge \o/
    too many driving games in the past have been far too easy
    i know some ppl here think the same about this game, but they must be naturally good drivers with good car set ups

Im a great driver in r/l, but in the game im a few seconds slow.. new tracks, diff cars, set ups i know little about etc.. oh ye, and mistakes ofc o/

Then once you get a half decent set up, u then need balls of steel on some bends.. push boundaries.. learn those corners u know so well all over again, well sometimes you need to take them different and can gain half a second.. 2 more bends like that and you not too far off pole..

The AI is not too far from being the best AI i ever saw in a race game. in fact it prob is right now !!
    even with little bugs or issues people are raising...
    They are erratic, sometimes go overboard yes and put you out of race, or to the back etc.. but i think i like it that way.. such a hugh refreshment from the typical drone AI you get elsewhere..
    The technical issue with them, such as wet tyre handling and such, all those issues will be sorted out, but the AI behavior itself.. just leave it alone i say..
    Last edited by Mancunain; 02-06-2015 at 03:22.
    AMD FX 6300 3.5g Black Edition / GTX 1060 6Gb / DDR3 16g@1333MHz / Win 10 / Logitech DF Pro

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Well that got high jacked anyway

Ibby you say they run quali with fuel so what fuel tanks or just race fuel?

Them running full tanks would be the only way it would makes sense as their quicker alot quicker!

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I'm experiencing the exact same issues as you Sparky, so you're not alone. Had it in the Mustang at Silverstone and Brands Hatch, then in the M3 at Dubai. That's all I've done in the class so far. It's hard to find the correct difficulty to run at, as I won both the Clio and G40 championships at 100% AI, qualify on pole in GT4 at 100% AI, but then I'm well off the pace in the race.

And I think the AI might be a bit poor in their overtaking abilities, as I'm still able to win races with this problem as despite the AI being potentially 2 seconds a lap faster than me, they can't overtake me unless I make a mistake...