Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Mid Race Save Feature

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaWalter View Post
    well yeah. i don't intend to do a 24hr real time race but there's a trophy for it and whatnot. i feel bad for anyone that got it legit. i don't want to play for 24hrs so ill never get the trophy and im fine with that. midrace saves just feel like another "cater to the casual player" type of hand holding that make the hard parts of games easier. just my opinion
    Adding a save feature for the 24 hour is hardly catering to the casual gamer. whats the definition here. 24 hour straight races = Gamer's. 3 hour stint drivers = "casual" Gamer's.
    CPU: i7 4770K @ 5ghz RAM: 64gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2400mhz Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme GPU: Power Color HD7990 Devil XIII PSU: Enermax 1300watt Monitors: 3X 24" screens OS:Windows 8.1 64bit Wheel: G27

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    we might be called for food therefore this is a good idea. and some people might like to get to work as well so might not have time
    PSN skells22

Xbox live beezyskells2

Platform
    PS4
    we disagree, no biggie. it happens all the time in the real world.

Platform
    PS4
    This is very good and save electricity. I understand that there is Rest Mode in PS4 that I can continue when I start console again. Problem is that I sleep same room where is my PS4 and I have very delicate sense of hearing. So its hard to go sleep if PS4 is in Rest Mode and it is very silent.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Equation View Post
    This is very good and save electricity. I understand that there is Rest Mode in PS4 that I can continue when I start console again. Problem is that I sleep same room where is my PS4 and I have very delicate sense of hearing. So its hard to go sleep if PS4 is in Rest Mode and it is very silent.
    Forget that.
    Tried that today during Spa 6hrs, paused the game after 3,5 hrs and put the PS4 in rest mode. When I woke it up I could start from the beginning of the race...
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by OperatorWay View Post
    If I wanted to do something non-stop for 24 hours to get a "sense of accomplishment," it wouldn't be playing a video game.
    I think in the context of what it takes to achieve completing a 24 hour race that it'd be an accomplishment, but I know many people don't see vidya' games like that.

It's something I really want to do, but would rather give the game a few more months to be worked out first before committing to it, I also need to be sure my PC won't melt.

Platform
    PC
    It will come:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post987019

But most likely not in the next patch.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Wow. My hats off to anyone willing to race 24 hours straight. I'll probably try for it in winter so that I can heat my house from the heat coming off the PS4 while I race.
    The following user likes this Post: Kart14

Platform
    PC
    I haven't raced endurance in this game yet, but you can save mid-race in Gran Turismo 5 and I think 6 so it is a valid suggestion. In addition, PCars have computer-controlled drivers so it's not like one needs to drive all 24 hours like in GT5.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    this would be a great feature, the main reason for me is if the game crashed then you can just go back to your last save point? or maybe the wife gets angry that your not talking to her and pulls the plug. good reasons there other than just not having 24 hours to spare.