Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mic users overpowering game sound

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Mic users overpowering game sound

I use a headset while racing and it really bugs me when people join the lobby and their mics are going crazy. These players can be muted in the main lobby section, but is there anyway to do it once playing? In qualifying etc. Some people decide the whole world wants to listen to their music. Some just have their mic settings so every sound in their gaming rooms is transmitted directly to my ears. It just ruins the game. I can't even hear when to change gears at times. Maybe a mute all option might solve it.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: chig88, GenBrien

Platform
    PS4
    Yes, we need a mute option, some people are online an obnoxious.

Platform
    PS4
    Completely agree. I've got no patience with listening to idiots sing along to Lady Gaga while I'm trying to nail a qualifying lap.

I'd like an option to disable all voice chat - at the moment I'm frantically going through the player list in the lobby trying to mute anyone who's making noise.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Danno, GenBrien

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    On my px4 headset I can adjust chatvolume at any time by rotating the chatvolumewheel. This is indepent of game volume, which you can adjust seperatly.
    PS4 / T300RS+T3PA+TH8A / WheelStandPro / DIY ButtonBox / Manual Gears + No Assists
    PSN MTH-34
    The following user likes this Post: Ricasmetx

Platform
    PS4
    A "mute all" button is what i've needed in many games! Would be nice if they implemented that here but I doubt it.. The annoying thing in Project Cars is that you have to go back to the pit to acces the multiplayer lobby to mute people.. So if you're in a race, there's nothing to do about it. Also when in qualifying, you have to go back to the pits for that.. So if lets say you're doing a quali on the nordschleife (first you have to go round once to start a new fast time) and you're about to begin a Hot lap and one of these suckers comes in the lobby, you would have to listen to him your entire HOT lap or go back to the pits, mute and start all over.. So a mute option while on track would be very usefull! Sometimes I plug in the earbud headset, but dont put it on (and turn off the mic), so all voicechat goes trough the earbud, just because I dont wanna have to mute everyone everytime. Since I'll be upgrading to a PS4 compatible wheel soon, this is just a temporary solution, as the wheels do not come with an audiojack
    Go like the wind,
    PS4-DS4 current
    T300RS coming soon
    T3PA & TH8A later
    The following user likes this Post: Danno

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I couldn't agree more. Please look into this

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks KartKingCorre. I didn't know you could do that.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I always start a party chat even when I'm alone.
    Never liked lobby chat on any game.
    Most of the time I race with friends so we use party chat anyway. Now it's up to Sony to make party chat for 16 people
    The following user likes this Post: Danno

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Party chat is your best answer so far. I feel like you can mute chat in the ps4 options too, but party chat will cure it for sure.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by IrideGravity View Post
    Party chat is your best answer so far. I feel like you can mute chat in the ps4 options too, but party chat will cure it for sure.
    hmm I thought that when you are alone in a party, the voicechat from the game will still come trough.. I thought I tested this a while ago

Anyway, A mute option on track is needed. Maybe also a slider in the options for voice-chat volume?

Another sound question: I've put the master audio slider at 10 or 20% but I dont notice any difference in volume on track? It's a little anoying because I have to put my TV volume at 10 or less ( I like the aston gt3 but it is really loud! so much louder than other cars!), while watching TV normally with my decoder, the volume needs to be 30 or more.. (if I go 30 with Pcars, i think my TV audio system will explode, especially when one of the loud mic mofo's comes in the server!)
    Last edited by KartKingCorre; 03-06-2015 at 10:23.
    Go like the wind,
    PS4-DS4 current
    T300RS coming soon
    T3PA & TH8A later