Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No yellow flags and penalties

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

No yellow flags and penalties

Hello,

I started my career on PCARS and now I'm at the beginning of season 2. I realized at one point that I never saw a penalty or yellow flag in all my races, even if sometimes I bumped some AI cars in the back (throwing them off track) and cut corners big time. I started a solo race and crashed AI cars on purpose but nothing happens. I only see blue flags and the black flag if I go for 5 seconds in the wrong direction on a track. Penalties and flag are definitely turned on on options. I started as amateur and then changed rules and damage to realistic settings. I'm playing on Xbox One.

Has someone ever seen all flags on Xbox? I see people on the forums talking about penalties and yellow flags showing on other platforms, so maybe it's a Xbox version problem?

I'm trying to find a pattern for people who never see flags (yellow) in the game, because reading in all forums you cannot understand why some people see them and other don't. That's why I'm posting in this forum (Xbox) even if the problem has been raised also in other threads around the boards.

Thanks in advance.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I've noticed flags occasionally when getting lapped. I've not noticed any yellow flags, even when tyres are laying in the middle of a straight on monza after a huge 1st lap shunt.
    The following user likes this Post: Cesco

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I remember having yellow flags, but cannot remember if that was career or solo. I am pretty sure multiplayer does.

Platform
    PC
    Right now there is no yelloew flag for debris on track. There is only local yellow for car accidents and they need to be pretty bad. You wont see a yellow if two cars make contact and both drive away while basically maintaining race speed. More likely when a car goes off track.
    i5-3570K+CM Hyper EVO, SLI GTX580 (1.5GB) v337.50, Corsair HX850, Samsung m830 SSD, GSkill 2x4GB 1600, Biostar Z77, win7-64 | Logi G27 | Viewsonic LCD 1080 |

--PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bryer, Cesco, KkDrummer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't even get blue flags when I'm lapping the AI. But have seen blue flags when I'm leading the race with no other cars in sight

Never seen a yellow flag and I have had some huge crashes. I think it's another bug personally
    The following user likes this Post: Cesco

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    Right now there is no yelloew flag for debris on track. There is only local yellow for car accidents and they need to be pretty bad. You wont see a yellow if two cars make contact and both drive away while basically maintaining race speed. More likely when a car goes off track.
    Those tyres are made out a titanium though. Really need some warning that they are there. That make right mess of your car.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MadMuhammad6, Umer Ahmad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by D1rty Duck UK View Post
    I don't even get blue flags when I'm lapping the AI. But have seen blue flags when I'm leading the race with no other cars in sight

Never seen a yellow flag and I have had some huge crashes. I think it's another bug personally
    I believe it's a bug too, but I wanted to ask the community before jumping to conclusions. I don't even see penalties for cutting corners. Someone in the boards has penalties for such behaviour. Maybe only in multiplayer?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    on a few tracks you can cut a corner take a penalty and still be quicker
    they should be 15 sec min
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Cesco, MadMuhammad6, Umer Ahmad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    do a custom race at monza junior with full ai in the stock car if you don't see a yellow flag there is something wrong with your game :P

Platform
    XBOX1
    I've seen yellow flags. If there is an accident or slow or stopped car on the track ahead the yellow flag pops up on the screen. As said above its a local yellow. so no pace car or anything. I don't know if it means you can't pass though???