Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The pCARS v Forza discussion

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

The pCARS v Forza discussion

I decided I could wait no longer to play this game and just had to purchase it, the long wait spanning what seems like two years has been unbearable, now I am a noob at racing games, I am okay at Forza Motorsport 5 but that's because the AI isn't really that testing and invites you to pass them at every corner! How does Project Cars differ to Forza Motorsport? I know there is a learning curve to PC and I like that, I like a challenge. Now what will the support for PC be like? Will there be DLC which offers more cars and more racing venues in the future?

Platform
    PC
    I can't comment on similarities or not to Forza as I've never played it but there are plenty round here who have who will be just dying to offer an opinion.
    Lets just say it is different in it's approach, in that you just jump in and race what ever you what wherever you want.

As for support, it's second to none. There will be patches, fixes, and DLC (both cars and tracks) for years to come.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley
    The following 6 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, FunkyFox1, KkDrummer, mrbrownnose, NavyFlipper HUN, SphereOfChaos

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ha! your in for the shock of your life!
    Everything you learnt on Forza................ Forget lol

You have just bought the most addictive RACING SIM ever, take note at the word SIM, it is very unforgiving!

Personally i love the challenge, Enjoy it dude.

Welcome to PROJECT CARS!

Kart Driver
    Well i would start off by saying,

If seat of your pants racing feel is what your after, there is nothing on console to match it, however if you want the masses of extras that Forza provides, i.e comprehensive leaderboards, car painting, car customization (tuning however in Pcars is very in-depth) then Pcars is a little less than perfect. Can't beat the driving physics though and Pcars provides variable weather and day/night racing so all in all I'd say Pcars wins out in terms of raw fun.

Enjoy.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FinkleKinkle View Post
    I decided I could wait no longer to play this game and just had to purchase it, the long wait spanning what seems like two years has been unbearable, now I am a noob at racing games, I am okay at Forza Motorsport 5 but that's because the AI isn't really that testing and invites you to pass them at every corner! How does Project Cars differ to Forza Motorsport? I know there is a learning curve to PC and I like that, I like a challenge. Now what will the support for PC be like? Will there be DLC which offers more cars and more racing venues in the future?
    We're actually pretty close. They've been copying everything we've done since GTR2.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PAUL Y0UNG View Post
    Ha! your in for the shock of your life!
    Everything you learnt on Forza................ Forget lol

You have just bought the most addictive RACING SIM ever, take note at the word SIM, it is very unforgiving!

Personally i love the challenge, Enjoy it dude.

Welcome to PROJECT CARS!
    What he said. Its a game changer (In a good way!)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JohnSchoonsBeard, MULTIVITZ

Kart Driver
    Cheeky
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ian Bell, TheReaper GT

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    We're actually pretty close. They've been copying everything we've done since GTR2.
    Oooh bold comment but I like it !!
    The following user likes this Post: Ian Bell

Platform
    PC
    I'm being lighthearted of course.

It's not like we nailed in cockpit movement of drivers head under gForces, then it appeared in Forza. Or it's not like we implemented reactive driver hands on the wheel with micro-reflex movements, which then appeared in Forza (and DriveClub). It's not like we implemented in-cockpit windscreen reflections, which then appeared in Forza. It's not like we designed Autolog for EA, which we redesigned as Driver Network which then appeared...
    Maybe they should add on-screen telemetry.... hold on....

As I say, no relationship whatsoever.

Keep following guys

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Forza was a fun "Game" that tried hard to be a SIM. Project cars is a SIM that can be played like a game. Once they get the nagging little problems squared away I just can not fathom why I would ever load Forza back into my console.

The Developers worked very hard to allow controller users a worthwhile experience however quality peddles and a TX wheel places the user into a level of immersion unparallelled in Console gaming to date.