Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [2016] Assetto Corsa coming to Xbox One and PS4

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by mister dog View Post
    Oh and a sim on console has been tried before, Race Pro qualifies as one but sadly that game didn't do very well.
    There were massive bugs in that game like the Career reset bug that were never recognised by the devs nor sorted out so a lot of people got annoyed with the game and left, shame cause like you say it was a Sim and it was a decent game ... when it worked ...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    After enjoying pCARS so much I was glad to see that AC is also coming to consoles but it only has 20+ tracks. What could AC offer me that I can't find in pCARS. I know it has Ferrari and more cars than pCARS but I prefer more tracks than more cars. Is there something I'm missing that should change my mind and give AC a go?
    The following user likes this Post: damianeti

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by IrideGravity View Post
    Gasp. Is PCars going to be an annual release like madden or COD? I think I just puked a little bit in my mouth. If that's true. I'll be playing this until they shut the servers down and move on. You want to make a new game or content and want my money. It better be formula 1 with all the tracks. Or some complete series with the license. Please say this isn't true or clarify why a yearly cycle would be used. Makes no sense for a racing game. Besides money for the developer.
    They have already said Project Cars 1 will last 2 years, but they are working on Project Cars 2.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.

Platform
    PC
    If there's any good competition coming, I really hope it's true competition in the form of actual game-play instead of a "competition" to see which game company buys more exclusive licencing rights.
    *Disclaimer: comments are only my own musings, not 'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    Platform: desktop PC | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Wheel: ThrustMaster T150
    CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4GHz quad-core | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866MHz
    Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB PCIe3.0x16 | Display: Asus VG248QE 24-inch 144Hz 1ms 1920x1080
    System SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB SATA3 | Game SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: LADY GEMMA JANE, McKiernan

Platform
    PS4
    Between this and Fallout 4's announcement, my day has been excellent! As a console gamer, getting not one but TWO great racing sims within a year or two of each other used to be impossible.
    PSN Gamertag - MillsLayne

Interesting news. My take, as a consumer not a Mod:

Seems a large task for what is constantly stated as a 'small' dev team. They punch above their weight (size?) already, so doing three platforms raises the hope that they have the resources to expand, while still keeping the PC dev moving forward and also acquiring licenses. I think Kunos will be ok there because imo their small team size is by choice, not capital limitations.

I hope the PC version won't stagnate and depend on mods while console versions are developed, but I'm fairly confident that won't happen.

I hope the gameplay will extend to offer more: at the moment I feel most of their appeal (other than decent handling and FFB) is "we got Alpha, Lambo, Ferrari!" and that will only get you so far...

I hope they don't try to 'be' Project CARS, they're too far behind in scope. I do hope they bring more in terms of car upgrades, unique licenses and series, more laser scanned tracks, drift, etc. They can add plenty there.

The gamepad support is already really good in AC, so I'm sure it'll feel very nice on consoles too.

I hope the publisher doesn't interfere too much

Also, all of those defiant in stating pCARS could not possibly be a sim because it's on console, I hope they don't spare AC the same attitude or I might sense some irony and/or doubling down (of course I know that in reality the line of argument will just be substituted for something else)...

It's going to be interesting to see the racing game discussions expand from GT and Forza to include AC, pCARS and probably rFactor 2, iRacing, GSCE and R3E too. A good time to be a fan of racing!
    The following 5 users likes this Post: KingTiger80, LADY GEMMA JANE, Luke Townsend, mister dog, RomKnight

Platform
    PC
    So i suppose now that assetto corsa is announced for console its not a real simulator to the pc community anymore either. lol

I have assetto corsa on pc and the force feedback is really good and so is the ai.

Im glad its coming to console because competition is a good thing and i love project cars but lets be honest it needs alot of work.
    Last edited by Human_bean; 04-06-2015 at 04:22.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Drifting inside the Karussell at Nordschleife in Assetto Corsa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=35&v=8T02BIC3JfE
    PC details for troubleshooting:
    * Intel i7-6700K (4.6GHz) with Asus Maximus Hero VIII MB * Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Turbo * 16GB RAM G.SKILL Ripjaws (3200 MHz) * 750W XFX Pro PSU * Win10 (64-bit) * LG 24" IPS Panel or Samsung 65" LED TV with Steam Link * Logitech G27 + XB360 gamepad * Current games installed on SSD *
    * Questions about any of the parts in my rig or setup? Just ask! *
    The following user likes this Post: LADY GEMMA JANE

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Human_bean View Post
    So i suppose now that assetto corsa is announced for console its not a real simulator to the pc community anymore either. lol

I have assetto corsa on pc and the force feedback is really good and so is the ai.

Im glad its coming to console because competition is a good thing and i love project cars but lets be honest it needs alot of work.
    The AI is absolutely terrible in AC. I can outpace them way too easily on full difficulty and they drive like robots, in a single file line, without any overtaking attempts. Are we driving the same game?

Other than that, I think it's wonderful that AC is coming to consoles. Ironically all these recent game additions to consoles (not just racing simulators but also big games like Witcher 3 etc) are making me extremely tempted in getting a PS4. I'm so tired of using my work laptop as a gaming device. I'd love to separate the two.. then again I'm a tweaker at heart so I may get frustrated with the console experience.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by IrideGravity View Post
    Gasp. Is PCars going to be an annual release like madden or COD? I think I just puked a little bit in my mouth. If that's true. I'll be playing this until they shut the servers down and move on. You want to make a new game or content and want my money. It better be formula 1 with all the tracks. Or some complete series with the license. Please say this isn't true or clarify why a yearly cycle would be used. Makes no sense for a racing game. Besides money for the developer.
    This isn't true.

Even if we expanded the team a lot I think we'd struggle to get a bi-yearly release going.

PS, 'besides money for the developer'. Don't ever underestimate the importance of that. The going rate in the industry cost wise is around 10k dollars per person/month. That's 750k per month for a reasonable 75 person team. This money has to come from somewhere.