Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assists

Platform
    PS4

Assists

Firstly may I say that this forum has helped me immensely to get the best from this fantastic game, at first I found it unplayable and now I'm hooked.

Now on to my question.

Currently I am driving with all assists on. People tell me that you can go quicker with them off? Is this true?

If this is true then I want to gradually turn them off should I start by turning off Stability, then get used to it, then turn off traction control, then get used to it then finally turn off ABS.
    Or which order would work best?

Many thanks for anybody that can be bothered to help.
    The following user likes this Post: owenmorris

Platform
    PS4
    Depends on what you are using to control the car, wheel or controller?

Personally for most driving games having TC off will make you much faster as long as you can control the throttle well, I use the controller but find it hard to know when the brakes lock so I have ABS on.

If you stability control on, that should be the first to switch off, then TC then ABS
    System: PS4

PSN ID: pablo2008jedi

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo2008jedi View Post
    Depends on what you are using to control the car, wheel or controller?

Personally for most driving games having TC off will make you much faster as long as you can control the throttle well, I use the controller but find it hard to know when the brakes lock so I have ABS on.

If you stability control on, that should be the first to switch off, then TC then ABS
    Thanks mate, yes i'm controller too.
    Anyway I am time trialing to sort it out.

any idea how to get the perfect start with a controller? whats with the the hit throttle within 0.2 of a sec of lights going green?

Gonna add you.

Platform
    PC
    No Assist Makes yo Much Faster with the Wheel... Especially with No ABS the Braking is Faster but it Takes Practice and using Manual Shift is a Must. once you Master Gearing Diwn and Late Braking your Lap times will increase.
    With Propper Throttle Control you can Throttle Steer Through Tricky Corners Easily with Practice... No Assist is Much Faster with a Wheel.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: ROG Strix Z490-E | CPU: i9-10900k | Cooler: ROG Ryujin 360 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: ROG Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: ROG Thor 850w | Storage:1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2 + 4TB HD + 1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display:Samsung Q90T 55in / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, Pedals: Heusinkveld Ultimate , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, PBME w/APM, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 4x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I always drive games with assist off but this game offers the option of REAL, So which is the better option ?
    All assist off or real ?
    Any thoughts or ideas anyone ?

Platform
    PC
    yeah, I'd like a bit more info on real vs on. Using real, do any cars have stability control on? Maybe the MacLaren road cars?? Also in real mode on a GT3 car is the TC setting the same as turing on the TC allowed in the gameplay options? or does the car deal with TC differently, meaning the TC would help more in that scenario? does that make sense?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Real is true to life. As in if the car has TC, ABS in the real world then the car will have those settings by default.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo_Commando View Post
    Real is true to life. As in if the car has TC, ABS in the real world then the car will have those settings by default.
    This. There's also Brake Pressure to adjust so you can soften the brakes till you're comfortable to have stronger brakes. In cars with TC built in with a TC slip setting. The higher the setting, the more te wheels can spin before it kicks in. So cars with good traction set it high and cars with happy rear ends have a low setting

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    One of the most common assists I see used is the driving line. I'd recommend turning it off and using brake indicators along side the tracks, just like the real race drivers do. Once you get used to doing this, you'll never go back. This will also help you be faster as the driving line is usually incorrect. And finally, the driving line is ugly and mars up a great looking track

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by OG-Fed View Post
    One of the most common assists I see used is the driving line. I'd recommend turning it off and using brake indicators along side the tracks, just like the real race drivers do. Once you get used to doing this, you'll never go back. This will also help you be faster as the driving line is usually incorrect. And finally, the driving line is ugly and mars up a great looking track
    While I am still learning many of the tracks, I have started to turn the line off in those that I know now. I must admit, driving with the line ON, can be off-putting, certainly as braking points seem way too early on occasion. I agree, the driving line is ugly!