Thread: Some general feedback and issues for discussion

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Some general feedback and issues for discussion

First of all, I'd like to congratulate the developers and those gamers who funded pCars on putting together an excellent game. I appreciate there are some bugs and the patching process is well under way but I've certainly enjoyed playing the game on and offline over the last 2-3 weeks.

With that in mind, I'd also like to offer what I hope is some constructive feedback of my experience for discussion. Hope this is in the right place but feel free to move!

Career works generally well (I've just started season 3 going from 125cc kart > 250cc kart > GT3) but I've experienced the following few reasonably minor issues which may be worth highlighting and sharing:

1. I've missed the fact you can select cars for some invitational events (specifically multi-class events). Not sure if the vocal tip can be used to emphasise that along the way?

2. How exactly does difficulty work? For example, in my 'contracted' races, the difficulty level seems easier than some of the invitationals (e.g. BAC Mono, Ford Focus). Generally I've found 90-100% is fine for the contracted stuff but that is slightly high for the extra events. Is this subtle difference deliberate?

3. On a similar tack, the AI seem to compete/race well during the majority of the race but the race-start seems to invoke mad manoeuvres and lots of bad driving. This includes changing line multiple times and going on and off track without consideration for others - apparently all without penalty. Circuits like Silverstone are especially bad for this with no penalty for running miles off-track.

4. With respect to race starts, it seems putting the car into first gear manually (even when using auto-gears) instead of neutral results in a big boost compared to AI off the line. Is that accurate/fair?

5. Is there an option to view race results/stats upon completion of the race? Obviously this screen shows final classification but not much else unless I've missed an option.

Online:

Again, my experience of this so far has been pretty good but I do have some feedback.

6. Although we can have 16 players in our league races, party chat is limited to just 8 people. I assume that's a PSN issue and, if so, how can we get round that limitation? I've also found I need to turn the engine volume down to 10-20% to be able to hear people properly. Are there suitable recommended settings for 16 people to chat together?

7. I'm glad to see the pit-lane bug is being patched and I note a thread below about DQs being given for running out of fuel. Is there no way for the default strategy to highlight the minimum amount of fuel required?

8. Can the 15secs at the end of online races be increased to give people more time to view/record stats and replays?

9. Setups. Is there are way for the generic default setups to be enforced on all drivers whilst still allowing each driver to choose their own fuel/tyre/pit-stop combination?

General:

Some issues which seem relevant to all types of play.

10. Tyres. As far as I can see the status indicator highlights temperature blue=cold; green=optimum; red=hot. Is there no indicator for wear other than monitoring grip/lap times?

11. Similarly, in career mode, obviously some cars have to have a few laps made before the tyres warm up properly though they start 'green' in the race. However, in my view, grip compared to the AI still seems questionable though this may be related to point 2 earlier.

12. Rolling starts don't work well at all in any class/race type I've experienced. Is there are best-practice for this?

13. Pit-stops: How are these modelled with respect to stop times and problems (e.g. dropping of wheel nuts) and can we turn off the chances of such stuff happening and/or apply consistent stop times in online races?

14. Time-trial. Again, previous posts have indicated issues with the uploading and usage of ghosts. However, my question is with regard to race conditions and how they compare to other types of play. For example, although the fuel load is 5L and the tyres set to optimum temperature, TT times are still sometimes slower than online play with higher fuel loads (sometimes by up to 2secs). Similarly, I've found the fuel used in an offline race may differ from that used in the same conditions online. What are the differences in race type setup to cause these inconsistencies?

15. Engineer contribution. As I think has been noted, this doesn't seem to work in invitational events but works reasonably well in career and online. Some more comment/advice (for example pre-race) would be especially useful where possible.

I think that's enough feedback for now and I apologise for any issues which duplicate other threads which I may have missed.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Sorry to bump this but I wanted to add something else I noted last night.

16. Setups. I was trying to test a few different setups round Spa in TT mode (using the Formula Gulf 1000) and noticed you can only apparently save one setup per circuit? Further, if I try to save an alternative to use (e.g. a Spa setup saved to the Monza slot), I don't think you can load it to use elsewhere? The UI for all this seems less than intuitive.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Sorry to bump this but I wanted to add something else I noted last night.

16. Setups. I was trying to test a few different setups round Spa in TT mode (using the Formula Gulf 1000) and noticed you can only apparently save one setup per circuit? Further, if I try to save an alternative to use (e.g. a Spa setup saved to the Monza slot), I don't think you can load it to use elsewhere? The UI for all this seems less than intuitive.
    Yes, you can only save one setup per car but you can load a setup from another track.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Frankie

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for that Bealdor; I'll have another go tonight...