Page 897 of 926 FirstFirst ... 397797847887895896897898899907 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,970 of 9254

Thread: Formula One thread

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Can I be honest? I cannot stand LeClerc. He has this arrogant and entitled air about him that just grinds me in a wrong way.
    Vettel deserved this win and he drove great. His side of the box made the right call this time and I am glad Ferrari didn't end up playing the team order card.

Max drove great as well. Kept errors to a minimum and just optimized everything he could. Nothing happened that was worth mentioning other than that in the last laps I did end up wondering if Lewis would be able to get him.

Gio being P1 for many laps was fun to see though.
    On the other hand... does Kimi have eye sight problems?
    Entitled is exactly how I would describe him too. The way he disadvantaged Vettel at Monzo and brushed it of(admitting to it) is pretty telling in itself. From the moment he started complaining I knew he wasn't going to ein because his brain was doing stupid silly stuff, which doesn't help racing at all.

He should also watch out because at Ferrari the team/brand comes first and in his head Charles comes first. Fireworks waiting to happen....

And Kimi is indeed involved in to much 'What was that idiot doing' moments. Might be time to leave some space. It's never Kimi's fault.

Very haopy to see Vettel in a happy place again and Stroll was doing fine again too. He is ever so slightly slower than Perez(but still a pretty good starter), but less error prone.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 22-09-2019 at 15:10.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, Invincible

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Nice to see Vettel winning again. He was 5 seconds ahead of Leclerc before the first safety car, when the safety car came out I was worried he would get overtaken by Leclerc (or even worse, Ferrari would "pull a Ferrari" on him), but he maintained the lead and won even though Leclerc was whining on the radio. Nice drive by Verstappen too. Poor strategy by Mercedes, but at least it mixes things a up a bit in the championship.

Magnussen got owned by a sandwich bag:
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...-haas/4546344/

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    Nice to see Vettel winning again. He was 5 seconds ahead of Leclerc before the first safety car, when the safety car came out I was worried he would get overtaken by Leclerc (or even worse, Ferrari would "pull a Ferrari" on him), but he maintained the lead and won even though Leclerc was whining on the radio. Nice drive by Verstappen too. Poor strategy by Mercedes, but at least it mixes things a up a bit in the championship.

Magnussen got owned by a sandwich bag:
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...-haas/4546344/
    Hmm, in the past we called it sandbagging but maybe we should start calling it sandwichbagging.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hamilton interrupting Vettel's interview after the race:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2ufnuNpIkN/

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    Hamilton interrupting Vettel's interview after the race:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2ufnuNpIkN/
    this is a typical negative headline

"Hamilton congratulating Vettel while interview" would be more accurate and positive
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Platform
    PS4
    Good read on why Vettel got the jump on LeClerc.

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...l-beat-leclerc
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Entitled is exactly how I would describe him too. The way he disadvantaged Vettel at Monzo and brushed it of(admitting to it) is pretty telling in itself. From the moment he started complaining I knew he wasn't going to ein because his brain was doing stupid silly stuff, which doesn't help racing at all.

He should also watch out because at Ferrari the team/brand comes first and in his head Charles comes first. Fireworks waiting to happen....

And Kimi is indeed involved in to much 'What was that idiot doing' moments. Might be time to leave some space. It's never Kimi's fault.

Very haopy to see Vettel in a happy place again and Stroll was doing fine again too. He is ever so slightly slower than Perez(but still a pretty good starter), but less error prone.
    The irony of Verstappen fans calling Leclerc "entitled" is hilarious.

I thought Leclerc handled himself impeccably given the circumstances. He kicked up a fuss on the radio but never went over the top with it. At a team that has a history of being built around one driver, with the other playing a supporting role, he has to stand up for himself, otherwise before long he'll be getting the "Valtteri, it's James..." type messages from his engineer. Leclerc is the future of Ferrari, and Formula 1 for that matter.

Great drive from Seb though, as much as Leclerc deserved to win, Seb deserved it more given that outlap from the pits and the way he carved through the back markers when fighting them for position.
    ...You've seen how I react to people, make them feel good, make them think that anything's possible. If I make them laugh along the way, sue me. And I don't do it so they turn round and go 'Thank you David for the opportunity, thank you for the wisdom, thank you for the laughs.' I do it so, one day, someone will go 'There goes David Brent. I must remember to thank him.'
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cpcdem, hkraft300, PawelK

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Two points:
    -the leader is supposed to pit first... They changed that.

-Ferrari always backs the driver who is most able to win them a championship... Which in this case is still LeClerc.

So they didn't hand Vettel the win (he won on his own partly) but they did deny LeClerc the win... He was actually told to keep his cool and not do anything crazy which IMO means "don't try to overtake him"
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bporion, cpcdem, hkraft300

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jescott71 View Post
    The irony of Verstappen fans calling Leclerc "entitled" is hilarious.

I thought Leclerc handled himself impeccably given the circumstances. He kicked up a fuss on the radio but never went over the top with it. At a team that has a history of being built around one driver, with the other playing a supporting role, he has to stand up for himself, otherwise before long he'll be getting the "Valtteri, it's James..." type messages from his engineer. Leclerc is the future of Ferrari, and Formula 1 for that matter.

Great drive from Seb though, as much as Leclerc deserved to win, Seb deserved it more given that outlap from the pits and the way he carved through the back markers when fighting them for position.
    Where is the irony in that exactly?

Verstappen didn't act entitled at all in his first years with Red Bull. Was he put on a pedestal by the team and it caused Ricciardo to leave, probably yes but that didn't do anything different to how Verstappen behaved.

On the other hand LeClerc is only with Ferrari since this year. Yet the first thing I remember of him is whining on the radio, at a team who's behavior you painted perfectly, as a second driver about being faster and so on. So last time I checked, which was at Singapore yesterday, LeClerc still had the yellow T-cam to indicate that he is the second and thus supporting driver.

So the way I see it that he is a young snob who's just come into the team as a new supporting driver who demands to be treated like a world star right away. If that isn't arrogant and entitled than I don't know what is.

To say he is the future of Ferrari and Formula 1 is kind of obvious, all the young ones with potential are in each team, but he will only get there if he starts to be a team player. It takes two to tango as they say. Ferrari doesn't revolve around LeClerc, and LeClerc shouldn't only revolve around Ferrari either. I think there is still a lot of harmonizing to be done, especially from the side of the young one.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jescott71 View Post
    At a team that has a history of being built around one driver,
    A team which demands the highest respect from their drivers, even multiple world champions(Prost comes to mind and Alonso didn't help himself either). Don't comply or you are out. Preventing Vettel from getting a tow at Monza could be strike one, complaining on the radio and Binotto having to say 'Full stop' on the radio after multiple suggestions to just get on with it could be two.

Of course you want to take your place in the team, but than should be in a way that respects the team('s decisions) and your team mate.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)