Page 520 of 536 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522530 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 5358

Thread: Formula One thread

Platform
    PC
    Ferrari is to give runaway F2 championship leader Charles Leclerc a first taste of its 2017 Formula 1 car in the post-Hungarian GP test, Motorsport.com has learned.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/l...ungary-932019/
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadows View Post
    He was an idiot for trying to take that line through that complex.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | Samsung 46"| GT Omega ART | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Well, it's not like a don't understand their point of view. hey funded his career from the beginning, and they expect return over investment (and it's not like Saintz had a gun pointed at his head when he signed the contract).And Saintz is screwed now.
    There is no place for him at RB, and he can't drive badly to be released from contract since it would tarnish his credibility.
    Look at it another way. First who are they going to find to replace both TR drivers(because I think Daniil will not be there for a long time anymore)? 1 Is Gasly, but the other? And second worse case Max an Daniel will move to another team at the end of the year. Sure, Marko said he wouldn't let Verstappen go for 100 million, but he didn't say anything about 101.

People make RB out to be the bad guys, but they have every reason and right to want to retain Sainz. Unlucky for him he's is almost VER/RIC material and you don't want to hand that to the opposition AND lose your successor.

Don't forget Kimi is going to leave in the next few years, Hamilton has hinted at retiring, Alonso will also probably not be around for very long, same goes for Massa. And that's not counting the ones that have a good chance of being booted(Kvyat and Palmer).
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    He was an idiot for trying to take that line through that complex.
    At the beginning of the action, it doesn't seem like a crazy move. He has the inside, and probably hope Saintz will give in. But unfortunately (for him), the spanish didn't let it go, and because of that Kvyat could take the apex of the following right.
    With his speed, he obviously end up past the white line. The crazy move comes from there (in my opinion) while he stay full throttle despite coming from off-track. Not cool headed enough (that's easy to say when we're not in the cockpit though).
    OS: Win10 x64 | CPU: i5 4690K OC@4.4GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme OC@1500MHz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 | Controller: Logitech G25 + Nixim mod v2 (brake) | Display: HTC Vive | Sound: Virtual 7.1 Headset | Launch options: none | Visual settings
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Platform
    PC
    At the beginning of the action, it doesn't seem like a crazy move. He has the inside, and probably hope Saintz will give in. But unfortunately (for him), the spanish didn't let it go, and because of that Kvyat could take the apex of the following right.
    With his speed, he obviously end up past the white line. The crazy move comes from there (in my opinion) while he stay full throttle despite coming from off-track. Not cool headed enough (that's easy to say when we're not in the cockpit though).
    Agreed, would have been a good move if Sainz chickened out. We've seen drivers(Webber ) going into eau rouge that could have ended very spectacularly if the other drivers didn't give in. And they got praise for that, but that's only because the other bailed. So I get why he did it. And even then it only went wrong because Kvyat lost it on track re-entry. It would have made for great TV if he had kept it on track.

-Mario Andretti

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Look at it another way. First who are they going to find to replace both TR drivers(because I think Daniil will not be there for a long time anymore)? 1 Is Gasly, but the other?
    I'm sure there are capable drivers out there. They tried to recruit Vandoorne when he was still in Formula Renault 3.5, then, after been rejected, turned to Kvyat in GP3 series (but who lost to vandoorne the previous year in FR2.0).
    I'm sure there are better choice to bet on in junior series.
    OS: Win10 x64 | CPU: i5 4690K OC@4.4GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme OC@1500MHz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 | Controller: Logitech G25 + Nixim mod v2 (brake) | Display: HTC Vive | Sound: Virtual 7.1 Headset | Launch options: none | Visual settings

Platform
    PC
    I'm sure there are capable drivers out there. They tried to recruit Vandoorne when he was still in Formula Renault 3.5, then, after been rejected, turned to Kvyat in GP3 series (but who lost to vandoorne the previous year in FR2.0).
    I'm sure there are better choice to bet on in junior series.
    Don't forget that after next year Verstappen(and Ricciardo?) is free game, so they'd want 1 or 2 A-list capable drivers to be able to graduate from TR. They learned not to take chances by giving Kvyat a chance(I also think it destroyed his own career so everyone lost).

-Mario Andretti

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Agreed, would have been a good move if Sainz chickened out. We've seen drivers(Webber ) going into eau rouge that could have ended very spectacularly if the other drivers didn't give in. And they got praise for that, but that's only because the other bailed. So I get why he did it. And even then it only went wrong because Kvyat lost it on track re-entry. It would have made for great TV if he had kept it on track.
    Sure. But on the second lap? Running wheel to wheel through that complex is always a tricky task, and a bit risky/aggressive. Why do that on the second lap? There's plenty of time left. Overtaking through that complex is something you do after you've gotten a sense of how strong or weak the other driver is in that section, and definitely after your own brakes and tires are at temp. Look at all the other cars ahead of them. They're snaking through, one behind the other, because they know it's just not worth it at that point in the race. Especially, knowing you're about to come out onto the longest/fastest straight on the track. All Kvyat had to do (if he was smart) was just stick close, and get a good run out of the last corner. That's why he's an idiot.

If he didn't have a habit of crashing into people, I might cut him some slack. But...
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | Samsung 46"| GT Omega ART | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    Sure. But on the second lap? Running wheel to wheel through that complex is always a tricky task, and a bit risky/aggressive. Why do that on the second lap? There's plenty of time left. Overtaking through that complex is something you do after you've gotten a sense of how strong or weak the other driver is in that section, and definitely after your own brakes and tires are at temp. Look at all the other cars ahead of them. They're snaking through, one behind the other, because they know it's just not worth it at that point in the race. Especially, knowing you're about to come out onto the longest/fastest straight on the track. All Kvyat had to do (if he was smart) was just stick close, and get a good run out of the last corner. That's why he's an idiot.

If he didn't have a habit of crashing into people, I might cut him some slack. But...
    which is worse with wrecking people Kyvat or Maldanado aka crashtor
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Maldonado is the poster child but Kvyat is a rising star.
    The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference but in practice there is.
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: Konan