Page 659 of 703 FirstFirst ... 159559609649657658659660661669 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 7026

Thread: Formula One thread

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jescott71 View Post
    You have my utmost respect for this post. If your favourite driver (or one of your favourites) makes a mistake, it's only natural to try and defend them, even when they're in the wrong. We've all be there, I've defended Vettel in the past when I shouldn't have, so no excuses needed.

I do agree that Hamilton's move was somewhat intimidating, but I also don't think there was anything really wrong with it. Maybe a midfield driver like Hulkenberg or Grosjean, someone not used to fighting at the front, wouldn't have been so aggressive in defense and that move might have worked, but a driver of Hamilton's experience and talent, the move was never going to work.

As I said earlier, what I really found frustrating about it is he was always going to get past Hamilton, he didn't need to rush it. If he'd just waited half a lap longer and passed Hamilton at the hairpin, he would have won the race.
    Simple as that really, it was just a hot headed move when it wasn't even necessary. Max relies on others getting out of his way, but he ought to know that Vettel is every bit as ruthless and hot headed as he is. Great race though, and Max will surely mature into the champion he is capable of being one day.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Jescott71, Konan

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Simple as that really, it was just a hot headed move when it wasn't even necessary. Max relies on others getting out of his way, but he ought to know that Vettel is every bit as ruthless and hot headed as he is. Great race though, and Max will surely mature into the champion he is capable of being one day.
    The thing is that Max immediately acknowledged his own stupidity and that's the first step towards improvement. Besides, it seems Helmut Marko also had a talk with him. So I'm sure it must've hit home for him this time.

As they say... patience is a virtue and experience comes with age. So here's to a hopefully better Max in two weeks.

That said... Dani-Ric really deserved this win, and that immediate pitstop on yellow was just a golden move by Red Bull this race. To which I found it odd that Mercedes and Ferrari didn't pit, which I don't think will happen again very soon. So next time things won't be going so easy for Red Bull I think.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bporion, John Hargreaves, Konan

Platform
    PC
    OFF TOPIC well kind of , if you have Assetto you've got to get the Formula Hybrid 2018 mod by RSS whit or whit out the halo.
    Last edited by bporion; 15-04-2018 at 23:44.
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    OFF TOPIC well kind of , if you have Assetto you've got to get the Formula Hybrid 2018 mod by RSS whit or whit out the halo.
    After I tried the F2004 in AC I forgot about the other F1's in the game. F2004 is more fun to drive than any of the more recent F1 cars imo.

Platform
    PC
    When will Max finally learn it? Currently he's on it's best way to become the next Maldonado. At first, I really liked Max - but now, after three years, I think he is a potentially great driver who's constantly making an a$$ of himself by causing way too many avoidable accidents by being too overconfident or just plain stupid.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    When will Max finally learn it? Currently he's on it's best way to become the next Maldonado. At first, I really liked Max - but now, after three years, I think he is a potentially great driver who's constantly making an a$$ of himself by causing way too many avoidable accidents by being too overconfident or just plain stupid.
    Well, even the Dutch Verstappen fans as well as Dutch journalists and TV presenters were critical and displeased with these mistakes.

Than again, it isn't like the best of them never made such mistakes either in their early years. I mean, even Senna went for gaps that sometimes didn't even exist. He was also a driver that was overly eager at times and of which other drivers knew that if you gave away even a tiny bit of room than he'd be in that gap.
    In fact, that was also the reason why also many people disliked Senna.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    I think Max is the Dale Earnhardt of F1 his nickname was the Intimidator , get out of his way or he will get you out of his way !
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following user likes this Post: Rambo_Commando

Platform
    PC
    I think Max is the Dale Earnhardt of F1 his nickname was the Intimidator , get out of his way or he will get you out of his way !
    Graduate of the Marc Márquez School of Racing.
    If you're going to fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and its starting to rain.
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    The thing is that Max immediately acknowledged his own stupidity and that's the first step towards improvement. Besides, it seems Helmut Marko also had a talk with him. So I'm sure it must've hit home for him this time.

As they say... patience is a virtue and experience comes with age. So here's to a hopefully better Max in two weeks.

That said... Dani-Ric really deserved this win, and that immediate pitstop on yellow was just a golden move by Red Bull this race. To which I found it odd that Mercedes and Ferrari didn't pit, which I don't think will happen again very soon. So next time things won't be going so easy for Red Bull I think.
    His reaction and post-race interviews was very encouraging, not hiding from his mistakes. I was very angry at his driving in the race, but he deserves some credit for taking ownership of it. That being said, he didn't really have a choice, if he had gone on the offensive post-race about his driving, I think the fans would have really started to turn on him.

For all the talk of Max throwing away the victory in China, I think it's worth noting that Mercedes threw away a potential victory for Hamilton too. I don't understand how they thought track position would be better than newer, softer tyres given they's seen how powerful the undercut was when Bottas cleared Vettel. If they'd have pitted him when Verstappen and Ricciardo pitted, he'd have come out between the two of them (if I remember rightly), and when Max had his dramas, he'd have had track position over Ricciardo. That's two really bad strategy calls in three races for Mercedes, and because of the Max incidents and Ricciardo's brilliant drive, it's sort of been forgotten.

I think you can make a decent argument that Ricciardo is one of the top three drivers in F1 right now. He's definitely top four along with Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel.
    ...You've seen how I react to people, make them feel good, make them think that anything's possible. If I make them laugh along the way, sue me. And I don't do it so they turn round and go 'Thank you David for the opportunity, thank you for the wisdom, thank you for the laughs.' I do it so, one day, someone will go 'There goes David Brent. I must remember to thank him.'
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, Haiden

Platform
    PC
    I second that. It's basically all I've driven since I got the mod. They have all the 2018 skins, too, except Merc. At least that one was out when I downloaded mine. Great mod.

Funny thing is, the halo didn't bother me at all in VR, and then after a few hours of driving with it, it felt strange driving without it...LOL
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: bporion