Page 844 of 848 FirstFirst ... 344744794834842843844845846 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,440 of 8472

Thread: Formula One thread

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    But it wasn't about crossing track limits only(or even not at all)..... If that would have been the case he would have gotten away with it. It was the unsafe return and in the eyes of the stewards both blocking on purpose AND cutting straight to the racing line after returning from offtrack that got him the penalty.

That should IMHO have been served by giving his place up(also giving him the ability to take it back after).
    I know, like i said i was talking in general...
    Crossing the line by making a mistake is almost inevitable.
    I'm talking about crossing it because it gives a faster driving line... Everyone does it but that doesn't make it right, especially not when track limits are clearly described in the rulebook.
    Quit pampering the drivers and force them to obey the rules or just throw the book away.
    Don't enforce certain rules but neglect others is my point...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, PostBox981

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    And you've even omitted the most infuriating of all: Some car(s) getting into whatever trouble, you following your racing-(or in fact survival-) instinct by going off track to avoid, only to be awarded with a "you have x seconds to give the position back"(to a car that's obviously stationary and/or crashed).
    Yeah, that has to be probably the single most infuriating/making no sense whatsoever aspect of the PCARS2 system. Some time ago I got that message for giving back the position to a car that was in the pits (!!!) and another guy had to give a place back while he was already in last position!!!! The other driver had left the race moments earlier...
    That's together with the NEXT lap invalidation when you go off 5 corners before the finish line. Yesterday I got the same thing when I went off even before the middle of sector 2, I knew my lap was invalidated but did not mind, was no point going to a standstill to get rid of the message so I went on. Eventually I got the message that my current lap was invalidated, but also the next one! For a mistake done 10 corners earlier!!! I am sorry but this is nonsense putting it very politely.

The rules have been off for about 1 year now on our thursday races, never looked back.
    Yeah, almost half of the leagues I race at do the same thing too, now. But I have very mixed feelings about this. IMO we need a proper system, not to be forced to completely turn it off as a workaround.
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Yeah, almost half of the leagues I race at do the same thing too, now. But I have very mixed feelings about this. IMO we need a proper system, not to be forced to completely turn it off as a workaround.
    Yeah, maybe like a margin for error(in centimeters or like AC amount of wheels needed ontrack). Or individual rules to be turned on/off(like offtrack overtake). But we'll never get them for 2, so off it is. I trust my friends enough to abide to them. The way it is now it is a blunt axe and saying it is the same for everyone just doesn't cut it(pun intended ).
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PS4
    It's not the exceeding track limits and his mistake he got the penalty for: it's for blocking Hamilton, more specifically, rejoining in a dangerous manner.
    Which I do agree with as long as it's applied consistently.
    I don't think Vettel intentionally blocked Hamilton BTW, because looking at Ham's cam it looks like vet was still catching the car as he got back on the gas.
    If it Ham's closing rate was slower, it wouldn't have been an issue.
    Now put the same situation coming out of EU rouge it would be super dangerous.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, maybe like a margin for error(in centimeters or like AC amount of wheels needed ontrack). Or individual rules to be turned on/off(like offtrack overtake). But we'll never get them for 2, so off it is. I trust my friends enough to abide to them. The way it is now it is a blunt axe and saying it is the same for everyone just doesn't cut it(pun intended ).
    Yeah, agreed! Hoping for it being done better in PCARS3...

Platform
    PC
    *wakes up*
    Oh good, I'm finally free. It only took a perfectly clear post on my position to do it!

Can we talk about parking lot ricard now and how much we'd rather the French GP be held at Magny Cours or Charade? ^^;
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    *wakes up*
    Oh good, I'm finally free. It only took a perfectly clear post on my position to do it!

Can we talk about parking lot ricard now and how much we'd rather the French GP be held at Magny Cours or Charade? ^^;
    I agree Paul Ricard is an ugly track. It might be an excellent test track, but it is hard to see where the track is on camera.
    Also there is no way for a mistake to get punished, like with Vettel. No grass to lose car control on, no gravel trap to get stuck in, not even a barrier to wreck your car against.

So yeah... at that track it is without a doubt Mercedes, Ferrari and the rest.

Can I ask one thing. Is it just me or is this season far more boring than previous season? I felt 2018 was far more exciting.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: Shinzah

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Can I ask one thing. Is it just me or is this season far more boring than previous season? I felt 2018 was far more exciting.
    I feel like at the top, its more boring, and certain recent events haven't helped much with that.

BUT!

I think the mid-field is more competitive than last year, and really wish they'd get more of the television broadcast time.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321
    The following 2 users likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar, hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Sure it is. IIRC then last season started with Mercedes and Ferrari both winning races in the first half of the season, racing on almost the same level. This year I can only remember one team winning races, so there is no hope for becoming interesting again.

On motorsport-total.com I read a column in which the author already congratulated Hamilton for his 6th championship win, being aware that technically this still is far from really happening. I think he was right though.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post

I think the mid-field is more competitive than last year, and really wish they'd get more of the television broadcast time.
    Whenever the cameras are fixated on the leaders, where there's usually nothing happening, just watch the timing board. There are passes happening mid field, gaps closing, all sorts going on but the broadcasters miss >90% of that action.
    Not to mention all the potentially interesting radio conversations the drivers are having.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Shinzah