Page 536 of 536 FirstFirst ... 36436486526534535536
Results 5,351 to 5,358 of 5358

Thread: Formula One thread

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    o i understand that i just found it funny they all decided to do the same test date to put their junior drivers in
    I think they've usually waited until the last test of the year at Yas Marina to put the majority of the juniors in. They might feel with this new for 2017 car they want every opportunity available to get their juniors experience with it. But that's strictly a guess on my part.
    Xbox 1 - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    o i understand that i just found it funny they all decided to do the same test date to put their junior drivers in
    Likely because it's before the summer break. Less hectic opportunity to evaluate young drivers, much like the end of season test.

Platform
    PC
    Honda and Sauber have agreed to call off their deal for the Japanese manufacturer to supply the latter with Formula 1 engines in 2018.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...ed-off-935057/
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Sauber aims to finalise engine deal before summer break

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...-honda-935173/
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    If the deal started to be discussed 8 months ago, I can understand how Sauber managment wasn't very happy with Monisha Kaltenborn pursuing the talks now that the Honda engine was so far behind.
    Frankly, I don't see Mercedes supplying another "client spec" engine. They did it with Manor, but when you look at the situation, Mercedes already supply 2 clients when Ferrari only supply 1.
    And Renault already said they wouldn't be able to supply another team without risking decreasing reliability.

And maybe Sauber can become the B team Ferrari need to place their youngster in.
    OS: Win10 x64 | CPU: i5 4690K OC@4.4GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme OC@1500MHz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 | Controller: Logitech G25 + Nixim mod v2 (brake) | Display: HTC Vive | Sound: Virtual 7.1 Headset | Launch options: none | Visual settings

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadows View Post
    If the deal started to be discussed 8 months ago, I can understand how Sauber managment wasn't very happy with Monisha Kaltenborn pursuing the talks now that the Honda engine was so far behind.
    Frankly, I don't see Mercedes supplying another "client spec" engine. They did it with Manor, but when you look at the situation, Mercedes already supply 2 clients when Ferrari only supply 1.
    And Renault already said they wouldn't be able to supply another team without risking decreasing reliability.

And maybe Sauber can become the B team Ferrari need to place their youngster in.
    Sauber is already using Ferrari so they would be renewing the contract on the engines only with current engines instead of year old ones

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadows View Post
    Ferrari should supply them with a current spec PU even if they can't afford it, for the mileage/R&D opportunity. Maybe good news for Ferrari.

But this has just F*d McLaren and Honda.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Ferrari should supply them with a current spec PU even if they can't afford it, for the mileage/R&D opportunity. Maybe good news for Ferrari.

But this has just F*d McLaren and Honda.
    agreed it doesnt look good for them