Page 1 of 570 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One thread

Platform
    PC

Formula One thread

I've been following F1 since 1992 and i can't bring myself to watch a race anymore.
    The cars are ugly, the engines sound like crap, the tracks are Tilkedromes in countries were nobody is bothered about the sport, technology is specced so there isn't much difference in engineering going on, the passing moves are artificial due to DRS, grid boys now instead of grid girls ...

Then the FIA re-introduces somes rules they already banned years ago again, trying to make things attractive but failing miserably like always.

Do you still care much for the sport, do you feel the same? Or do you actually prefer todays F1 over the old days?
    Last edited by mister dog; 09-09-2016 at 21:47.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm from the Nigel Mansell / Schumacher era and nothing in today's F1 can even closely compare to what it was in those days. I still watch it, but more for the show it became than for it being motorsport.

As for the pit boys, gender or no gender issue, it sucks. As Jessica Walter said somewhere on this forum, one needs to smell the roses from time to time.
    Router -- Xbox One -- Thrustmaster TX F458 Italia FFB -- 94 cm HDDTV -- Loving wife [Temporary using Xbox controller]
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Invincible, Jever, Konan

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by FA RACING 01 View Post
    I'm from the Nigel Mansell / Schumacher era and nothing in today's F1 can even closely compare to what it was in those days. I still watch it, but more for the show it became than for it being motorsport.
    I'm the same era, but without the rose-tinted glasses of yesteryear; it was rare for anyone outside of the top 3-4 drivers to finish on the lead lap and only half of the cars would cross the finish line. The main reason it seemed better is because the cars were less reliable, the back half of the grid weren't as good and the teams were less professional... None of these are really positives and they are the reasons why there's no easy answer to making it more entertaining these days.

The only reason they are talking about re-introducing refuelling is because it adds another element for something to go wrong and spice up the racing. You may as well suggest the cars drop bananas and fire red shells.

They should introduce an oval to the schedule
    The following 6 users likes this Post: ao1977, Haiden, Mad LL, Pink_650S, Ryno917, Simon Mallett

Platform
    PC
    Interesting point, I hadn't missed a race for maybe 25 years until about 18 months ago. Then just lost interest, but very little happens anymore and the whole atmosphere has become stale.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Beatminister, FA RACING 01, senna94f1

Platform
    XBOX1
    I still watch every F1 race on tv, but I haven't attended an F1 race in person in about 9 years.

If I was more interested I'd be at the Canadian GP this weekend in Montreal, or the US GP at COTA later on - but the sport just doesn't have the same pull as it did a few years ago for me. Plus I really miss the sound of the V8's, these V6 turbo hybrids just don't cut it for Formula 1.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FA RACING 01, Jmaxime89

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bc525 View Post
    I still watch every F1 race on tv, but I haven't attended an F1 race in person in about 9 years.

If I was more interested I'd be at the Canadian GP this weekend in Montreal, or the US GP at COTA later on - but the sport just doesn't have the same pull as it did a few years ago for me. Plus I really miss the sound of the V8's, these V6 turbo hybrids just don't cut it for Formula 1.
    They are trying to fix the sound for next season, but there's more wrong than that.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: FA RACING 01, Invincible, Konan, Pink_650S, RetroNooB

Platform
    PS4
    I can agree 100% with Mister Dog.
    I'm following the F1 since 1998 and l think its currently at its lowest point.
    Kind of stated my sight on things in the other F1 thread already, mister dog names important points.
    The excitement has gone somehow, you can almost predict each Grand Prix, very few surprises overall. I almost fell asleep during the Monaco GP if it wasnt for clumsy Max Verstappen.

The F1 needs to lower costs, loosen the rules and go back to their roots. Go back to actual and historical racetracks in countries where motorsport is being appreciated. The cars are so safe these days, you dont need 500m escape routes, (i.e. Kubica in Canada)
    There are countless big and little things that take from the excitement of this sport.
    Thats my biggest issue with the Formula 1 at the moment.

Rant Mode: [OFF]
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following 6 users likes this Post: F1Aussie, FA RACING 01, Im Sorry, Konan, Mr Akina, Pogi

Platform
    PC
    Ecclestone. That's what's wrong.
    The money distribution. The engines. And even more than that. There are too many and too strict rules. They should bring back 3.5 L V12 engines and no fuel restriction. 2 cm wider tires and remove those stupid height restrictions for the car noses.
    Last edited by Invincible; 05-06-2015 at 16:04.
    New Rig:
    Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Logitech G29 with shifter / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 10 users likes this Post: F1Aussie, FA RACING 01, Im Sorry, Konan, Mad LL, maxx69, Mr. Myagi, Pink_650S, Pogi, Vic Flange

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by mister dog View Post
    I've been following F1 since 1992 and i can't bring myself to watch a race anymore.
    The cars are ugly, the engines sound like crap, the tracks are Tilkedromes in countries were nobody is bothered about the sport, technology is specced so there isn't much difference in engineering going on, the passing moves are artificial due to DRS, grid boys now instead of grid girls ...

Then the FIA re-introduces somes rules they already banned years ago again, trying to make things attractive but failing miserably like always.

Do you still care much for the sport, do you feel the same? Or do you actually prefer todays F1 over the old days?
    Have to say.I was a massive f1 fan up until this season.I will watch any Motorsport including Moto gp but this year I seem to have lost nearly all interest in f1 but can't seem to put my finger on why!

Superkart Pilot LADY GEMMA JANE's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm not a lover of F1
    XBOX GAMERTAG - LADY GEMMA JANE
    The following user likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN