Page 564 of 605 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 6048

Thread: Formula One thread

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zpectre87 View Post
    Alonso is like that girl who's amazing in bed but terrible to live with. Since an F1 contract is essentially a marriage, it's probably not a good idea to hire him unless you're someone such as Briatore who had the drive and the resources to please his every wish.
    Beats a girl who's terrible in bed and terrible to live with.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    McLaren sealed their fate with Renault. They will forever be a mid field team now until the new engine reg changes. The smartest move would have been to drop Alonso, promote Lando Norris and focus on a future with Honda. To be honest, if I was Claire Williams, I would have been all over Honda. They would be getting money form Stroll, money from Honda.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Ajvanho, hkraft300, Konan, TexasTyme214, Zpectre87

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeC View Post
    Beats a girl who's terrible in bed and terrible to live with.
    Yeah but the marriage will last with neither anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo_Commando View Post
    McLaren sealed their fate with Renault. They will forever be a mid field team now until the new engine reg changes. The smartest move would have been to drop Alonso, promote Lando Norris and focus on a future with Honda. To be honest, if I was Claire Williams, I would have been all over Honda. They would be getting money form Stroll, money from Honda.
    It'd have been awesome if they'd promoted Lando and found some Chinese driver named Han to partner him with.

Speaking of Claire, if this was Sir Frank the deal with Honda would have been signed the moment we heard about McLaren splitting from them.
    Last edited by Zpectre87; 14-09-2017 at 19:55.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 970 4GB | Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (16GB) | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB | Logitech G27 all standard | Cooler Master PSU 700W | Cooler Master HAF 932
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Rambo_Commando

Platform
    PC
    So it's now official even though we already knew what was going to happen. I hope McLaren don't come to regret this but I also hope Toro Rosso have a productive relationship with Honda.

I presume the "other car firm" that Horner mentioned will be Aston Martin branded engines presumably from Mercedes.
    i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | AMD HD 7970 | 16GB RAM | Logitech G27 + TH8A shifter + CSP V3 | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    So it's now official even though we already knew what was going to happen. I hope McLaren don't come to regret this but I also hope Toro Rosso have a productive relationship with Honda.

I presume the "other car firm" that Horner mentioned will be Aston Martin branded engines presumably from Mercedes.
    Aston Martin branded engines from Ferrari , no ?
    OS : Windows 10 \ Processor : Intel Core i5 , 4670 , 3.4G/6M/S1150 \ RAM :Kingston Hyperx BLU 1600MH DDR3 16GB \ MB : S1150 MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Z87 \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS Radeon R9 390X \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    Aston Martin branded engines from Ferrari , no ?
    It could be B-spec Merc engines rebadged as Aston due to the collaboration between both companies in the road car market.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 970 4GB | Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (16GB) | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB | Logitech G27 all standard | Cooler Master PSU 700W | Cooler Master HAF 932

Platform
    PC
    Lol , I was thinking about Alfa Romeo that is on the Ferrari .
    OS : Windows 10 \ Processor : Intel Core i5 , 4670 , 3.4G/6M/S1150 \ RAM :Kingston Hyperx BLU 1600MH DDR3 16GB \ MB : S1150 MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Z87 \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS Radeon R9 390X \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo_Commando View Post
    I have to say that I respectfully disagree with this assessment. Here's my thinking.

There seems to be this general consensus that Honda will eventually get their engine right, but the reality is in three years they have made no progress at all in relation to all three other engine manufacturers. Not only that, the last time Honda came into the sport (circa 2005/6), they got the whole thing horribly wrong then as well and never managed to fix it, so there's a precedent for this happening; so far I've seen zero evidence that this time is any different, so what's to say they actually will turn things around. Not only that, we've moved away from F1 being a solely engine formula, aero is much more important now.

Just look at how closely Ferrari are challenging Mercedes now (relative to the past 3 years). No one thinks that Ferrari have made great strides with their engine, it's not like Haas have subsequently moved up the midfield, they're roughly where they were this time last year, but Ferrari are definitely closer to Mercedes, Red Bull are normally somewhere near the front too. You just need a halfway decent engine to be able to challenge, and Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault are, Honda are not. Also, new engine regs come in 2020 I believe, so being a midfielder for 3 years is hardly the end of the world when you consider McLaren have been a backmarker for most of the past 3 years.

Dropping Alonso makes absolutely zero sense. Like him or not he's the best driver in Formula 1 when he's not in the quickest car on the grid, his ability to get the most out of an under-performing car is second to none. Not only that, having one season of experience between both your drivers for a team like McLaren is unheard of. Who's going to lead development of the car/engine? Would you want to rely on a driver with one season of experience, or a two time world champion?. When you consider that Alonso has so few other viable options in F1 (Williams is the only real other option, and I doubt they could afford him), the advantage in any contract negotiations is with McLaren, they have more leverage, they should capitalize on that, especially since Alonso will have to take a pay-cut anyway to fund the Honda divorce.

Finally, for Williams to go to Honda makes no sense from Williams perspective. Why would you go from the best engine in F1, to by far the worst. If things stayed as they are, doing so would probably drop Williams from around 5th in the constructors championship to around 9th, that would cost them around 30mil, looking at last years teams' constructors championship payouts. Would a works Honda deal equate to 30mil? I don't know. But finishing 9th rather than 5th is definitely bad for any team, so why take that risk. Williams would simply become the new McLaren.

Having said all this, Toro Rosso Honda will now finish 1st and 2nd in Australia 2018 :P
    Last edited by Jescott71; 15-09-2017 at 23:03.
    ...You've seen how I react to people, make them feel good, make them think that anything's possible. If I make them laugh along the way, sue me. And I don't do it so they turn round and go 'Thank you David for the opportunity, thank you for the wisdom, thank you for the laughs.' I do it so, one day, someone will go 'There goes David Brent. I must remember to thank him.'
    The following user likes this Post: Mad LL

Platform
    PS4
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with your disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jescott71 View Post
    There seems to be this general consensus that Honda will eventually get their engine right...
    The evidence is that, despite supplying just McLaren, therefore hampered severely by comparative mileage, they improved a lot from '15 to '16. Although in '17 it seems they're back to '15.
    If they were supplying multiple teams like Renault, considering their rate of improvement last year, and Renault's lack of improvement, they could be well ahead of Renault by the end of '18.

Not only that, we've moved away from F1 being a solely engine formula, aero is much more important now.
    ...No one thinks that Ferrari have made great strides with their engine,
    Actually, the much higher drag of the new '17 regs make the PU as much, if not more, important to performance. Ferrari have made big strides with their PU to be on par with Mercedes.

Also, new engine regs come in 2020 I believe, so being a midfielder for 3 years is hardly the end of the world when you consider McLaren have been a backmarker for most of the past 3 years.
    Sure McLaren will immediately jump to mid field with Renault pu. Maybe even get the odd podium. BUT Dennis' reason to join Honda is that without factory backing, a customer team will never win a championship.
    Like Mercedes won't allow Williams to challenge them. Nor Ferrari Haas.

Interested to see where the manufacturers end up post 2020 with the new PU regs.

Dropping Alonso makes absolutely zero sense. Like him or not he's the best driver in Formula 1 when he's not in the quickest car on the grid, his ability to get the most out of an under-performing car is second to none.
    Can't deny Alonso's talent.

Finally, for Williams to go to Honda makes no sense from Williams perspective. Why would you go from the best engine in F1, to by far the worst.
    Same reason McLaren joined with Honda, Pinky: try to take over the world!
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Ajvanho, Rambo_Commando, Schadows

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Last edited by Synystr; 16-09-2017 at 08:46.