Page 102 of 936 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 9360

Thread: Formula One thread

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-...furthest-.html
    http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-...des-day-1.html

Rosberg's best time this morning using soft tyres was just 0.2 seconds slower than Vettel' best time last week using ultrasoft tyres.
    The following user likes this Post: TexasTyme214

Platform
    PC
    But we still can't take those times at face value as we don't know what engine map, fuel load or car setup they were running or what their data gathering goal was on those runs.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    But we still can't take those times at face value as we don't know what engine map, fuel load or car setup they were running or what their data gathering goal was on those runs.
    Vettel's time on ultrasofts was probably set with light fuel load, ultrasoft tyres don't last very long so it would be pointless to use them with a heavy load.
    Even if Rosberg's time on softs was done on a light fuel load it's still impressive imo, only 0.2 seconds slower than Vettel's time on ultrasofts and 0.7 seconds faster than Vettel's time on softs set last week.

I know a lot can happen between now and the first race at Australia but so far it looks like Mercedes will dominate again.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The Mercedes pace is really ominous. Clearly extremely fast, and trouble-free running. At the moment I'd say it looks like

1. Mercedes - fast and runs like clockwork
    2. Ferrari - headline lap times, but not convinced they're really any closer to Mercedes this year
    3. Williams - still there or thereabouts, drivers seem happy
    4. Force India - nip and tuck with Williams but may be going for lap times to get sponsors
    5. Toro Rosso - very close to the above two, and well ahead of Red Bull
    6. Red Bull - question marks over both engine and chassis, doesn't look as poised as STR
    7. McLaren - better than last season but still clearly not where they'd like to be
    8. Haas - setting good times and doing ok over the longer runs
    9. Sauber - hard to judge as it's arrived late
    10. Renault - slow on the straights, not as good as RB in the corners
    11. Manor - much closer to the other tail end teams at the moment.

based on what I've seen and read. Probably wide of the mark.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Konan, PostBox981, Rambo_Commando, Silraed

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    Vettel's time on ultrasofts was probably set with light fuel load, ultrasoft tyres don't last very long so it would be pointless to use them with a heavy load.
    Don't get me wrong, I still think Mercedes will wipe the floor with Ferrari and the rest of the grid come the start of the season. But I don't think anybody can really say whether or not the Ferrari ran low fuel, heavy fuel or a moderate amount of fuel on that utrasoft run. It is a brand new compound and you can't rule out them running a heavy load simply to see how the new compound reacts to it. They may be planning to use the ultrasofts at the early stages of races which would mean heavy fuel load data would be valuable.

We simply don't know and can't really make accurate guesses. The Ferrari reliability niggles are not a good sign though.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yeah, Ferrari seem to be having quite a lot of problems this second test which isn't an encouraging sign (obviously!)

I don't like the gap between Mercedes, Ferrari and the rest though. It looks even wider than it has been. I think Williams really struck gold with their design in 2014 and took themselves by surprise by being the closest challenger to Mercedes on raw speed. Since then, they've understandably gone for evolution over revolution and have gradually slipped back further behind the leading pace - the fact that they're still probably the third quickest car worries me that the others just haven't made the big gains this year. Toro Rosso look impressive though. Surely a big team will hire James Key in the near future.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Yes, for me it is.........for a long time. Boring, boring and booooooring. I love almost all auto and motorsports but f1 is actually making me watch more different motorsports hahaha thanks bernie.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The only reason people consider f1 to be boring is because of Mercedes dominance. Every team has their high and lows. 2017 will be a great season.

Platform
    PC
    Ferrari have started testing the halo head protection. I am not a fan.
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    Ferrari have started testing the halo head protection. I am not a fan.
    Really? Those things are fugly as hell. I hope they will scrap the idea before it gets mandatory.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro