Page 12 of 936 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One thread

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by GT_Racing View Post
    The subjective quality of the sound was not a part of this conversation.
    Loud, soft is relative, still sounds awfull to me.
    Router -- Xbox One -- Thrustmaster TX F458 Italia FFB -- 94 cm HDDTV -- Loving wife [Temporary using Xbox controller]

Platform
    PS4
    apexatspeed and GT_Racing, you two should get a room

@Mods: ^ This is a joke.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_650S View Post

Insult. Ban. Just kidding, but your joke is not funny.
    The following user likes this Post: Pink_650S

Platform
    PS4

You should get a room with everyone else in here and circle around on each other about sound. When you've never heard a car louder than a production car with an 8k rev limit and no exhaust.

It seems you want this thread to be a place without discussion. You can't handle people with differing opinions without the insults. You don't want anybody to counter lame accusations about sound with facts and personal experience. You want this thread to be say negative things about F1 and if anyone says anything positive they are wrong. Please go sit down somewhere.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GT_Racing View Post
    Insult. Ban. Just kidding, but your joke is not funny.
    It is
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by apexatspeed View Post
    You should get a room with everyone else in here and circle around on each other about sound. When you've never heard a car louder than a production car with an 8k rev limit and no exhaust.

It seems you want this thread to be a place without discussion. You can't handle people with differing opinions without the insults. You don't want anybody to counter lame accusations about sound with facts and personal experience. You want this thread to be say negative things about F1 and if anyone says anything positive they are wrong. Please go sit down somewhere.
    No, l just want to lighten the mood a little bit, you two are way too serious about this all.
    I love Formula 1, but l have better things to do than discussing back and forth about how loud what engine is.
    I think you and GT need to sit down somewhere, for a loooong time
    The following user likes this Post: mister dog

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by apexatspeed View Post
    I bet the reason he won't respond with anything is because he has never heard a race car in person. If you haven't heard them in person then how can you make an realistic decision on the sound? This is like all the people who complain about sound in project cars, but only hear race cars through videos from 100 yards away. Armchair quarterbacks trying to give their two cents. If you have never heard any car louder than your neighbor's Civic with straight pipes you can't deduce an accurate mental representation of what race cars sound like.

F1 cars are already significantly louder than an Indycar or NASCAR. Do you understand how the logarithimc scaling of the decibel system works? An V6 Indycar is rated at 128 decibels. A V6 F1 car is rated at 134 decibels. A NASCAR is 130 decibels. 135 decibels is equivalent to standing 50 feet behind a Boeing 747 taking off. In races multiple cars together for both F1 and IndyCar can be up to 140 decibels. That can cause serious hearing damage. Being 6 decibels louder is a pretty big gap in sound.

Yes yes.. never heard a racing car in person

Hey I was thinking about you seeing this in another thread today:

The following 2 users likes this Post: Pink_650S, redline2400

Platform
    PS4
    No, l just want to lighten the mood a little bit, you two are way too serious about this all.
    I love Formula 1, but l have better things to do than discussing back and forth about how loud what engine is.
    I think you and GT need to sit down somewhere, for a loooong time
    You are funny. I am really thinking about reporting that comment now. If someone hadnt said they were quiet and got backed up this whole conversation would never have happened. I dont see how I am taking this too serious and other people arent. Please stop now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Never been a fan of F1 for the same reason I'm not a fan of LMP, it's all too homogeneous.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by mister dog View Post
    Yes yes.. never heard a racing car in person

Hey I was thinking about you seeing this in another thread today:

I saw that earlier today as well hahaha. It equally applies to you and Pink_650S as well. Especially Pink_650S who instantly decided to bring the conversation to insults. He can't seem to handle someone being rational. Pink_650S just says things even though I had explicitly explained something else to him the other day.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.