Page 2 of 606 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One thread

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    I stopped watching it when the BBC stopped broadcasting every race live (I tried to watch it on the commercial channel it first moved to - ITV - but the adverts often spoiled the party ). Even though some races are on the BBC, I just can't be bothered to watch them. Things like KERS and DRS just add an extra reason to not watch.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-3570K w/Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro cooler (overclocked to 4.2GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard // 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 2400MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //

Platform
    PS4
    Aye, it's fairly nauseating isn't it: the embodiment of the zeitgeist.
    The following user likes this Post: MULTIVITZ

Platform
    PC
    What also bugs me in F1: the drivers of past generations were icons, heroes, men with balls of steel.
    Think of Lauda, Hill, Hunt, Villeneuve and so on. They were partying, had orgies, were edgy, politically incorrect. But they were irreplaceable. They had character.

And nowadays? Trained, greasy athletes/monkeys - mere marketing machines who aren't allowed to say what they think.... Disgusting!
    Last edited by Invincible; 05-06-2015 at 16:23.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Logitech G29 with shifter / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 5 users likes this Post: DaFungho, FA RACING 01, julesdennis, Mr. Myagi, MULTIVITZ

Platform
    PC
    Next year (2016) double exhaust sytem that needs to bring back the traditional F1 sound.

Also not sure if 2016 or 2017, but refuelling will get back too, so that means drivers can push harder on tires.

Before I forget: how 'bout Max Verstappen, i mean he brings back good old motorsport racing.
    The kid knows how to overtake. And has serious talent!. From multiple Karting Champion (different classes), F3 he became 3rd is overal driver championship. And already in F1 now.
    Case -Alienware Area 51 Late 2014
    Monitor/OS -LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 (Curved) / Windows 8.1
    GPU/STORAGE -SLI Nvidia GTX 980 Reference Cards / 128GB SSD + 2TB HDD
    CPU/RAM -Intel I7 5820K 6 Cores, 3.3Ghz - 3.8Ghz Boost / 16GB Quad Channel DDR4 2.133Mhz (4x4GB)

ProjectCARS Setup -Xbox one Controller / No Traction Control / Anti brake system On / Manual Gearing / Helmet View

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I started following Formula one in 1985/6, watching Senna catch Prost at 3 sec a lap in heavy rain round Monaco in a Toleman (equivalent of marussia today) was the hook for me, the sport was dangerous then and that was one of the excitment factors, however everything started to change after Imola 1994 with the death of Roland Ratzenberger on the saturday during qualifying, aswell as the near death accident of Rubens Barrichello in the same session, then during the race on the sunday the death of Ayrton Senna at Tamburello, due to this unfotunate weekend the sport went into massive safety changes and new regulations imposed by the FIA, thus the sport has become what it is today, personally I feel the saftey aspect has gone too far and is ruining the sport, but nothing will change while Bernie Ecclestone is running the show.
    Last edited by RetroNooB; 05-06-2015 at 16:21.
    Someone really should write a guidebook, I'd write it myself, but Im busy reading,"An Idiots Guide to Writing Guidebooks"

XBOX ONE/PC: Playseat Alcantra/Gearshift holder Pro: Logitech G920/Logitech six speed H box shifter: LG 50" Plasma
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN, FA RACING 01, julesdennis, Rambo_Commando

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
    Next year (2016) double exhaust sytem that needs to bring back the traditional F1 sound.

Also not sure if 2016 or 2017, but refuelling will get back too, so that means drivers can push harder on tires.

Before I forget: how 'bout Max Verstappen, i mean he brings back good old motorsport racing.
    The kid knows how to overtake. And has serious talent!. From multiple Karting Champion (different classes), F3 he became 3rd is overal driver championship. And already in F1 now.
    Perhaps more fresh new drivers will reignite the sport, theres several drivers on the grid atm due to retire, this could be the key to an F1 revival
    Someone really should write a guidebook, I'd write it myself, but Im busy reading,"An Idiots Guide to Writing Guidebooks"

XBOX ONE/PC: Playseat Alcantra/Gearshift holder Pro: Logitech G920/Logitech six speed H box shifter: LG 50" Plasma

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm from the Ayrton Senna's era and yes, F1 is becoming crap and boring in each race

-The v6 sound like a fart machine.

-It's a funny fact, the cars can't go more than 330 Km/h (2005mph) in straights, but have the HP and the aceleration to reach higher speeds

-The cars looks like aliens. I never though to say it but I like more the new Indy cars than F1 cars.

-The tracks are boring. there's no challenge in the tracks.

-It is unforgivable what F1 do to some iconic tracks like Hockenheim, Imola, Mexico, etcetera. The excuse for the change of long straights or put chicanes before turns is " the high speeds" WTF!?!?!?!? are you kidding me bro!?!?! you are in a fast car built it to go FAST. If F1 are affraid of speed, well change the cars for Piaggios, problem solved.

but what really give me stomach acidity is, most of the time, the entire race lessens & solves in the pits WTF?

I don't like when the F1 is run by guys who know nothing about races and are more interested in money.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by mister dog View Post
    I've been following F1 since 1992 and i can't bring myself to watch a race anymore.
    The cars are ugly, the engines sound like crap, the tracks are Tilkedromes in countries were nobody is bothered about the sport, technology is specced so there isn't much difference in engineering going on, the passing moves are artificial due to DRS, grid boys now instead of grid girls ...

Then the FIA re-introduces somes rules they already banned years ago again, trying to make things attractive but failing miserably like always.

Do you still care much for the sport, do you feel the same? Or do you actually prefer todays F1 over the old days?
    1.) The cars are ugly is an opinion. I agree, but that doesn't make F1 dead
    2.) The engines sound like crap. That is an opinion that I 100% can not agree with. They sound different, but don't sound like crap. Just because they don't cause hearing damage from 300 yards doesn't mean they sound like crap. Have you heard the V6 Turbo Hybrids in person?
    3.) This Tikedrome nonsense is always reoccuring. The majority of the tilke tracks are an pretty good in my opinion. Just because the drivers don't have a concrete wall at the end of every corner doesn't make the tracks are bad. Quite a few of the Tilke tracks have pretty cool elevation changes.
    4.) Countries where nobody bothered about the sport. Other than Korea the turn outs are pretty decent. Do you want to compare the Sepang or Shanghai race to the last German GP?
    5.) The technology is specced is just wrong. There are huge differences in engineering. Go look out how the turbos are laid out between the different engines. Yes they all require a V6, turbocharging, and hybrid system, but all the engine suppliers go about it in different ways and I think that is pretty cool.
    6.) How does DRS make it artificial? That doesn't even make sense.
    7.) Grid boys instead of grid girls isn't even a thing. They had them at ONE race along with girls. As someone who can't bring themselves to watch you sure either watched the Monaco GP or you're still reading about F1.
    8.) So you are mad at what the FIA have done to "ruin" F1, but then you call them failures when they try to make it back the way it was. This makes the least sense out of everything you wrote.

You talk about watching during the Schumacher era. I can predict half those races. Schumacher won the race that one weekend in a Ferrari.

Yes I still care about the sport and F1 has been glorious in all its years for different reasons. (except the tire debacle at the USGP)

Last edited by apexatspeed; 05-06-2015 at 16:47.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Haiden, Mangoat

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Edroh De Nornal View Post
    I'm from the Ayrton Senna's era and yes, F1 is becoming crap and boring in each race

-The v6 sound like a fart machine.

-It's a funny fact, the cars can't go more than 330 Km/h (2005mph) in straights, but have the HP and the aceleration to reach higher speeds

-The cars looks like aliens. I never though to say it but I like more the new Indy cars than F1 cars.

-The tracks are boring. there's no challenge in the tracks.

-It is unforgivable what F1 do to some iconic tracks like Hockenheim, Imola, Mexico, etcetera. The excuse for the change of long straights or put chicanes before turns is " the high speeds" WTF!?!?!?!? are you kidding me bro!?!?! you are in a fast car built it to go FAST. If F1 are affraid of speed, well change the cars for Piaggios, problem solved.

but what really give me stomach acidity is, most of the time, the entire race lessens & solves in the pits WTF?

I don't like when the F1 is run by guys who know nothing about races and are more interested in money.
    Thing is Ayrton Senna's era was also V6 Turbo but its the Hybrid that spoils the sound of the current gen, plus FIA regulations on max decibels which is horsecrap tbh as it has taken the romance away from the sport

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Edroh De Nornal View Post
    It's a funny fact, the cars can't go more than 330 Km/h (2005mph) in straights, but have the HP and the aceleration to reach higher speeds
    That's a downforce versus top speed issue. You can't have both. So corner speed will always win. Plus, higher top speed = bigger run off areas.

Driver safety is the #1 concern with new (and old) tracks. So get used to big paved areas around the track. Cars stop quicker (or safer) on asphalt than they do in gravel or on grass. Money rules and classic tracks can't afford the races. Many great circuits have been lost over the years; and they will continue to drop off the calendar.

The big problem with F1 is that the cars can't get close enough to each other because of the aero regulations (this brought the need for DRS). IndyCar (Dallara) have done a bit better with their design, but it's not to everyone's taste. I'm not ever sure you can design a fast open wheel car without the turbulence that ruins the racing.
    The following user likes this Post: Ptyochromis