Page 3 of 605 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One thread

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Edroh De Nornal View Post
    It's a funny fact, the cars can't go more than 330 Km/h (2005mph) in straights, but have the HP and the aceleration to reach higher speeds.
    This is 100% baby back bull shit. Go look at the 2014 Monza trap speeds. You absolutely don't know what you are talking about, yet you are bashing guys running the show not knowing about racing. Ricciardo had a trap speed of 362 kph (224 mph). What you said isn't a fun fact it is just horse shit.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: doyley101, GT_Racing, RetroNooB

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by apexatspeed View Post
    This is 100% baby back bull shit. Go look at the 2014 Monza trap speeds. You absolutely don't know what you are talking about, yet you are bashing guys running the show not knowing about racing. Ricciardo had a trap speed of 362 kph (224 mph). What you said isn't a fun fact it is just horse shit.
    This is why you dont look to non-F1 places for F1 discussion. There are a lot of brainless people who know nothing about what they are talking about but just keep spouting shit.
    The following user likes this Post: apexatspeed

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroNooB View Post
    Thing is Ayrton Senna's era was also V6 Turbo but its the Hybrid that spoils the sound of the current gen, plus FIA regulations on max decibels which is horsecrap tbh as it has taken the romance away from the sport
    Ayrton Senna era was not only V6, also was V8's, V10's, and V12's And all these engines sounded with attitude. Not like today the 2015 V6 sounds like fart machines. there is a big difference.
    The following user likes this Post: RetroNooB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Akina View Post
    I'm not ever sure you can design a fast open wheel car without the turbulence that ruins the racing.
    Remove the wings. Make the cars vastly less reliant on aero downforce and the racing will improve. Period.

#BringBackThe60s
    Ryno's Painting Tips - Tutorials, discussion and musings on livery design and execution.
    PC Specs: OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit CPU: Core i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz RAM: 16GB GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Controller: Thrustmaster T500RS
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mr Akina, RetroNooB

Platform
    PC
    They should make a new formula with the Red Bull X2010 from GT. With better sound than GT.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Logitech G29 with shifter / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: Mr. Myagi

Platform
    PS4
    1.) The cars are ugly is an opinion. I agree, but that doesn't make F1 dead
    2.) The engines sound like crap. That is an opinion that I 100% can not agree with. They sound different, but don't sound like crap. Just because they don't cause hearing damage from 300 yards doesn't mean they sound like crap. Have you heard the V6 Turbo Hybrids in person?
    3.) This Tikedrome nonsense is always reoccuring. The majority of the tilke tracks are an pretty good in my opinion. Just because the drivers don't have a concrete wall at the end of every corner doesn't make the tracks are bad. Quite a few of the Tilke tracks have pretty cool elevation changes.
    4.) Countries where nobody bothered about the sport. Other than Korea the turn outs are pretty decent. Do you want to compare the Sepang or Shanghai race to the last German GP?
    5.) The technology is specced is just wrong. There are huge differences in engineering. Go look out how the turbos are laid out between the different engines. Yes they all require a V6, turbocharging, and hybrid system, but all the engine suppliers go about it in different ways and I think that is pretty cool.
    6.) How does DRS make it artificial? That doesn't even make sense.
    7.) Grid boys instead of grid girls isn't even a thing. They had them at ONE race along with girls. As someone who can't bring themselves to watch you sure either watched the Monaco GP or you're still reading about F1.
    8.) So you are mad at what the FIA have done to "ruin" F1, but then you call them failures when they try to make it back the way it was. This makes the least sense out of everything you wrote.

You talk about watching during the Schumacher era. I can predict half those races. Schumacher won the race that one weekend in a Ferrari.

Yes I still care about the sport and F1 has been glorious in all its years for different reasons. (except the tire debacle at the USGP)

To me, you seem like someone that cant accept opinions that differ from your own.
    The question was "Is Formula One dead?", yet all you do is trying to prove others wrong, instead of telling us why you think its not dead.
    You get very passively aggressive everytime someone says something about your holy sport you dont agree with.
    Although its quite obvious that the F1 is not in a good shape.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following 4 users likes this Post: DaFungho, FA RACING 01, mister dog, TrevorAustin

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorAustin View Post
    Interesting point, I hadn't missed a race for maybe 25 years until about 18 months ago. Then just lost interest, but very little happens anymore and the whole atmosphere has become stale.
    Me too but not quite 25yrs more 10, I just lost interest too and now follow every second on the World Endurance Championship (WEC) much better by miles.
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Swinnyjr, TrevorAustin

Platform
    PC
    1.) The cars are ugly is an opinion. I agree, but that doesn't make F1 dead
    2.) The engines sound like crap. That is an opinion that I 100% can not agree with. They sound different, but don't sound like crap. Just because they don't cause hearing damage from 300 yards doesn't mean they sound like crap. Have you heard the V6 Turbo Hybrids in person?
    3.) This Tikedrome nonsense is always reoccuring. The majority of the tilke tracks are an pretty good in my opinion. Just because the drivers don't have a concrete wall at the end of every corner doesn't make the tracks are bad. Quite a few of the Tilke tracks have pretty cool elevation changes.
    4.) Countries where nobody bothered about the sport. Other than Korea the turn outs are pretty decent. Do you want to compare the Sepang or Shanghai race to the last German GP?
    5.) The technology is specced is just wrong. There are huge differences in engineering. Go look out how the turbos are laid out between the different engines. Yes they all require a V6, turbocharging, and hybrid system, but all the engine suppliers go about it in different ways and I think that is pretty cool.

6.) How does DRS make it artificial? That doesn't even make sense.
    No? Car behind can open his wing and get a huge advantage whilst the car in front is a sitting duck, that seems like a natural overtaking move to you?
    7.) Grid boys instead of grid girls isn't even a thing. They had them at ONE race along with girls. As someone who can't bring themselves to watch you sure either watched the Monaco GP or you're still reading about F1.
    It was in the news... And if you were able to understand smilies you would have understood that wasn't to be taken serious. And yes, people that are interested in motorsports might read an article about F1 once in a while. That doesn't mean i'm a fan of what's going on.
    8.) So you are mad at what the FIA have done to "ruin" F1, but then you call them failures when they try to make it back the way it was. This makes the least sense out of everything you wrote.
    I don't know how long you've been following F1, but they introduced refueling in '94, then banned it to 'up the excitement' as the pit stop strategies became too important, and now they bring it back as it will 'up the excitement' again? Calling that indecisive and a silly rule that's not going to change much sure makes sense to me. And that's just one example. Remember grooved tyres?

You talk about watching during the Schumacher era. I can predict half those races. Schumacher won the race that one weekend in a Ferrari.
    Like i said in the OP, started watching in '92 when Senna was still alive, Schumacher only went to Ferrari in 1996 and still Hill, Villeneuve, Hakkinen ans Alonso were able to break his power and became WC. And all of this in cars that were exciting and a joy to watch and hear. Also how does that make the Vettel/ Hamilton era any better?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FA RACING 01, Pink_650S

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Akina View Post
    That's a downforce versus top speed issue. You can't have both. So corner speed will always win. Plus, higher top speed = bigger run off areas.

Driver safety is the #1 concern with new (and old) tracks. So get used to big paved areas around the track. Cars stop quicker (or safer) on asphalt than they do in gravel or on grass. Money rules and classic tracks can't afford the races. Many great circuits have been lost over the years; and they will continue to drop off the calendar.

The big problem with F1 is that the cars can't get close enough to each other because of the aero regulations (this brought the need for DRS). IndyCar (Dallara) have done a bit better with their design, but it's not to everyone's taste. I'm not ever sure you can design a fast open wheel car without the turbulence that ruins the racing.
    yes i know
    yes driver safety i'm ok with that , i'm not refer to the big paved areas tha is necessary. i was wondering how unsafety can be the 4 straighs of the old Hockenheim circuit, for example.

i'm sorry if offend you kiddo

didnt' know, probably because F1 becomes BORING.
    and in how many races happen?

Quote Originally Posted by GT_Racing View Post
    This is why you dont look to non-F1 places for F1 discussion. There are a lot of brainless people who know nothing about what they are talking about but just keep spouting shit.
    tell others brainless is brainless, child

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_650S View Post
    To me, you seem like someone that cant accept opinions that differ from your own.
    The question was "Is Formula One dead?", yet all you do is trying to prove others wrong, instead of telling us why you think its not dead.
    You get very passively aggressive everytime someone says something about your holy sport you dont agree with.
    Although its quite obvious that the F1 is not in a good shape.
    I can accept opinions, but the reasons he sourced for why formula 1 is dead are fairly weak. I agree F1 is not in good shape. There are a lot of things wrong with it:

1. It is way too expensive.
    2.The money distribution is garbage.
    3. The tracks and promoters are treated like trash by FOM
    4. Manor is running cars slower than half the GP2 line up
    5. Bernie is strangling out high profile european tracks.

I don't regard F1 as a holy sport. What do you mean every time? I wrote one response to that guy and all of a sudden it is "every time".
    Last edited by apexatspeed; 05-06-2015 at 18:41.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.
    The following user likes this Post: Swinnyjr