Page 563 of 606 FirstFirst ... 63463513553561562563564565573 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,630 of 6051

Thread: Formula One thread

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Stupid move IMO...
    What else were they going to do ? Its Renault and Alonso or Honda and no Alonso .
    OS : Windows 10 \ Processor : Intel Core i5 , 4670 , 3.4G/6M/S1150 \ RAM :Kingston Hyperx BLU 1600MH DDR3 16GB \ MB : S1150 MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Z87 \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS Radeon R9 390X \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following user likes this Post: Mad LL

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Honda and no Alonso is better than Renault with Alonso...do you really think he isn't going to complain about that engine after a couple of races without results? (Or not good enough results)
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: MaximusN, Rambo_Commando, Zpectre87

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Honda and no Alonso is better than Renault with Alonso...do you really think he isn't going to complain about that engine after a couple of races without results? (Or not good enough results)
    Alonso is like that girl who's amazing in bed but terrible to live with. Since an F1 contract is essentially a marriage, it's probably not a good idea to hire him unless you're someone such as Briatore who had the drive and the resources to please his every wish.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 970 4GB | Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (16GB) | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB | Logitech G27 all standard | Cooler Master PSU 700W | Cooler Master HAF 932
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Alonso is Alonso, but I hope Stoffel Vandoorne finally gets a combination up to his skills.
    I feel sorry for both of them, having to drive such a disaster like the actual Honda power unit...
    After three years they still aren't up to pace.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    How does Toro Rosso benefit out of this? Honda money?
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals
    The following user likes this Post: Rambo_Commando

Platform
    PC
    He was complaining the entire season he won his first championship whit Renault , well you know how women are !
    OS : Windows 10 \ Processor : Intel Core i5 , 4670 , 3.4G/6M/S1150 \ RAM :Kingston Hyperx BLU 1600MH DDR3 16GB \ MB : S1150 MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Z87 \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS Radeon R9 390X \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Agreed. And I have way more faith that Honda will get it's act together than Renault will improve much. It's had one year less and got an impossible size zero to work with from McLaren( not their choice, they could have just copied Merc's concept). So in the worst case they will be equal, but even then Honda brings money while Renault costs money(if I were at Red Bull I wouldn't pay that bill until it performed AND held together ). So I totally understand Red Bull for seeing if the grass really is greener on the other side.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Konan

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    He was complaining the entire season he won his first championship whit Renault , well you know how women are !
    Today it's not whining, it's pounding himself on the chest how great he is doing in that atrocity of a car(even if Stoffel is ahead of him ). Basically he's asking his team to take a virtual bow

I think I'd settle for his 30 million dollar paycheck and leave the team it's dignity....
    Last edited by MaximusN; 13-09-2017 at 19:34.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, Konan

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    How does Toro Rosso benefit out of this? Honda money?
    They become a factory backed team and start smashing McLaren, Renault, Williams ET al.
    Then rbr take the Honda pu too and start bagging championships.
    All the while: Alonso has moved on and McLaren languishes mid field
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following user likes this Post: Rambo_Commando

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    I really don't know how to feel about the McLaren power unit switch.
    I see it as a failure of the new management. It's just to keep Alonso and the shareholders happy. I'm not surprised considering Brown is American, but it's just like cutting your legs off in order to fit into an MX5. If Dennis was faced with the same problem, he would first hold a 2hour speech that gives us 0 information, then kick the MX5 off the stage, and bring in an S2000 and 5-6 nude models even tho the S2000 is a two-seater, and while he's in a corner, it would snap, they would all die and then Dennis would hold another 2 hour speech that gives us even more words than last time, with even less information.

I wouldn't be surprised if within 5 years we start seeing wikipedia descriptions like:
    McLaren Racing Limited, competing as McDonalds McLaren Chevrolet 7up, is a British racing team competing in the McDonalds Monster Energy Formula One Cup Doritos Bepis series sponsored by Norco Fuel and Coca-Cola.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Mad LL, MaximusN