Page 670 of 718 FirstFirst ... 170570620660668669670671672680 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,700 of 7172

Thread: Formula One thread

Platform
    PC
    Not a bad race! It's shame Ferrari took that gamble. I'm surprised they didn't play it safe but they went for the win. It would have turned out to be an incredible decision had they won the race based on it.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Not a bad race! It's shame Ferrari took that gamble. I'm surprised they didn't play it safe but they went for the win. It would have turned out to be an incredible decision had they won the race based on it.
    If they hadn't had to wait on Perez to release Vettel and he got out ahead of Verstappen, it could have been completely different.

Does anybody have a clue what Grosjean could have been thinking when he lit up the tires in the middle of the race track on the first lap?
    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make a good use of it. --John Adams
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    If they hadn't had to wait on Perez to release Vettel and he got out ahead of Verstappen, it could have been completely different.

Does anybody have a clue what Grosjean could have been thinking when he lit up the tires in the middle of the race track on the first lap?
    Here´s what he thought:

-
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition @+100 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Well,Grosjean killed my fantasy team.

Platform
    PC
    He said he was trying to keep the car from continuing to rotate (and then listed several other drivers who have done similar moves). Since most of the weight on the F1's is in the rear, a spin would have had him pointed in the opposite direction once it stopped spinning. It technically worked as the car stopped rotating before going completely around, but at the cost of taking out 3 other cars.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    He probably wasn't thinking.

He said he was trying to keep the car from continuing to rotate (and then listed several other drivers who have done similar moves). Since most of the weight on the F1's is in the rear, a spin would have had him pointed in the opposite direction once it stopped spinning. It technically worked as the car stopped rotating before going completely around, but at the cost of taking out 3 other cars.
    That might be a good explanation if he was on the track and on the racing line and there were no cars around him, but in the replays I see his car off the track, so imo accelerating back into the track in the middle of traffic was simply a poor & dangerous decision on his part.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Well, I drove the Formula Renault in-game at Barcelona yesterday and made the arrow balance such that it wouldn't have enough downforce at the rear. This resulted in an equal spin, but I stopped it by staying on the brakes and the car didn't rotate beyond 180 degrees. This with a bit of a roll backwards to the outside of the track.

If I'd had the new McLaren rim from Fanatec and clutch pedals I would probably react a bit quicker on that end and keep the engine running as well.

So yeah, instead of stopping the rotation I think this actually increased rotation. Cause remember, the tyres need to have enough time to actually grip into the surface. So rotating them at max RPM isn't going to help, as you'd just create an overheated non-gripping surface layer at the contact patch area.

From my point of view it was a big amateur mistake.

Edit:
    I just double checked in-game. If you simply stick on the throttle you will continue to rotate as Grosjean did, but if you'd stay on the brake you'd rotate less with the benefit of you rolling out of the way of on coming traffic. So even though that would point you in the wrong direction, you'd still have a working car and so do your opponents.

Laying a smoke screen never is a good idea. I thought we already knew this from movies?
    Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 15-05-2018 at 00:24.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Ricciardo trying to "pull off a Grosjean" in Spain:
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...under-vsc.html

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    Ricciardo trying to "pull off a Grosjean" in Spain:
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...under-vsc.html
    There is a difference between tippy toeing the throttle pedal and just putting your foot down.

The problem is this. Ric added too much throttle with not enough load on the rear tyres, thus the tyres lost traction. To stop the initial rotation he applied the brakes. Hoping to get the car rolling in the right direction again he added some maintenance throttle (the blip of revs you hear).
    When that didn't work he got slightly on the brake again until the rotation stopped and than (in my opinion) tried to carefully but quickly rejoin the race.

It's all about cornering at the limit, and this guy below explains it well in his videos in my opinion.

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FS7, GenBrien

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    That might be a good explanation if he was on the track and on the racing line and there were no cars around him, but in the replays I see his car off the track, so imo accelerating back into the track in the middle of traffic was simply a poor & dangerous decision on his part.
    Never said it was a good explanation, just providing what Grosjean said during his interview during the race. Here's his comment post race:

https://youtu.be/Jtg59J4pO3E?t=2m01s

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Konan