Page 758 of 760 FirstFirst ... 258658708748756757758759760 LastLast
Results 7,571 to 7,580 of 7593

Thread: Formula One thread

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    Please read the definition of 'discrimination' because using this word here is wrong at best. Here in Germany women were not allowed to vote until the 70s. They had to ask their husband if they wanted to open a bank account and many more incredible things. That was discrimination. Women are (were?) not allowed to drive a car or attend a football match at the stadium in Saudi Arabia. That was discrimination.
    Motorsport is a sport dominated by man. A series to help more women break through a glass ceiling is discrimination of men? Really shaking my head.
    You have given the answer yourself by saying 'Men and Women are simply not equal but yes of course they should be equally valued.' Welcome to the 21st century. That's why it'd be amazing to see more women in motorsport because just as we saw in the case of Flick Haigh they can be very successful. It should be clear that if a woman gets a seat in F1 she'd be fit for it, doesn't it.
    The definition of discrimination is "differentiating between" nothing more nothing less. Which can be positive or negative as well by the way, even if it's mostly used in a negative setting.

Also that a sport is dominated by men does not mean that women are rejected by men, like a women's only series would be, but it just means that the greater majority of participants in the sport are of the male sex.

So yes, while it would be amazing to see more women in the sport I also think that both men and women should work equally hard without having extra opportunities like a one sex only series.

What is the real cause of less women in the higher-end of motorsport? For one it was suggested in the articles that it's funds. What was the reason why they couldn't get support though? There is nothing written about that and only we can guess, but implying that there is an inequality between men and women in the 21st century that you are so proud of as being an age of equality... what is your factual reasoning for this?

Just as an added bonus this video might be of interest on the topic at hand:

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    XBOX1
    No, that's not the definition.

@topic
    I totally agree with Arrivabene. Vettel's trying too hard. I think Verstappen left the door too wide open. Vettel had to go for it, Verstappen would've done the same, wouldn't he
    Vettel lost everything at Hockenheim. That mistake shouldn't have happened. Not like that. Pressure is on which doesn't help either. No way he can win the championship this year.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Who's the torpedo now?
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    Who's the torpedo now?
    Wouldn't call this torpedo(although a bit optimistic). If it had been the other way around some people would have their nickers in a twist though.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    I never said I would punish Vettel. Vettel already punished himself after all by spinning out massively and having start all over from the rear of the grid.

To get back to the understeering bit. He was clearly fighting the wheel to try to stay on the edge of grip, which is further proven by the fact that Vettel didn't try to turn into the corner more because that would have been useless to do so. So he might not be understeering into Max perse in hindsight (looking at the above footage in quarter speed now) but the corner Spoon T1 itself tightens up on exit instead.

Which means that Vettel dive bombed into the corner knowing the circuit layout and the flow of Spoon with the mere hope that Max would just give him 3rd place by stomping on the brake as if he'd just got a blue flag. Sorry, but no matter how I see it or from which angle I try to look at it I can only come to one conclusion... Vettel was being a big dumdum in even thinking it would succeed.
    I didn't mean to imply you thought Vettel should have been penalised, so I apologise if it came across that way. I've seen a lot of people saying Vettel should have got a penalty for it which I think would have been harsh, regardless of the outcome of the incident.

The only time Vettel has to fight the steering wheel is when his and Max's front wheels touch, which will always happen regardless because of the wheels being at different speeds, angles, etc. I completely agree that it was a stupid move regardless, especially as it was so early in the race and Max already had a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Wouldn't call this torpedo(although a bit optimistic). If it had been the other way around some people would have their nickers in a twist though.
    China aside Max's attacking has never been an issue, in fact it's often really really good, just look at Sochi. It's always his defending that's been an issue, and often downright dangerous. I can honestly say I would have no problem if Max and Seb switched roles in their Japan incident.
    ...You've seen how I react to people, make them feel good, make them think that anything's possible. If I make them laugh along the way, sue me. And I don't do it so they turn round and go 'Thank you David for the opportunity, thank you for the wisdom, thank you for the laughs.' I do it so, one day, someone will go 'There goes David Brent. I must remember to thank him.'

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jescott71 View Post
    China aside Max's attacking has never been an issue, in fact it's often really really good, just look at Sochi. It's always his defending that's been an issue, and often downright dangerous.
    Yeah, and apparently after his moves were left unpunished in the past, more and more drivers are using the same ones lately. I am afraid there will be a very big accident because of this soon...
    The following user likes this Post: Jescott71

Platform
    PC
    I think Pippa Mann said it best:

"What a sad day for motorsport. Those with funding to help female racers are choosing to segregate them as opposed to supporting them. I am deeply disappointed to see such a historic step backwards take place in my life time."
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bmanic, Christiaan van Beilen, MaximusN

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    I think Pippa Mann said it best:

"What a sad day for motorsport. Those with funding to help female racers are choosing to segregate them as opposed to supporting them. I am deeply disappointed to see such a historic step backwards take place in my life time."
    I was thinking the same. But after reading Chadwick's comments, I'm kind of on the fence. It sucks that they're choosing to segregate them, instead of integrate. But Chadwick's point is that it means more women will be able to race, because look how few are able to break through now. She does have a point. Integration is ideal, but that's going to leave a lot of women out of the sport for a long time. And, even with the W series, there's still nothing (other than the current barriers to entry) to stop women from driving in other integrated series, like they do now.

Now I'm a bit confused about it.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    XBOX1
    There might be valid arguments on both sides, but calling it discrimination is silly.
    The following user likes this Post: beetes_juice

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    There might be valid arguments on both sides, but calling it discrimination is silly.
    All I can suggest is to get a good dictionary or a few different language ones. I checked all of my fysical Dutch, English and German dictionaries that I still own from my school days and they all state the same definition as I stated before.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)