Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing against fast pad usrs with a wheel

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1

Racing against fast pad usrs with a wheel

Honestly I was pretty snobbish and thought since I use a TX wheel with the upgraded peddles and a pro driver stand that the pad users would never stand a chance. I was wrong, way wrong. Since the 1.3 Patch the pad users are really getting around the tracks with authority. They do seem to be twitchy as hell and making a clean pass on a fast pad user is difficult, they seem to use the track like a pachinko ball. But the results speak for them selves and I have finished enough online races behind them that I tip my helmet to them.

It would be nice if the Pad users had a little more buffer or smoothing in their lines to allow a little closer racing but they sure look like they are having fun locking up their tires and sliding through the corners.

I assume the Pad users might have higher tire wear rates due to these loose driving techniques.

Platform
    PC
    I know a couple of them way faster than me as well.

But only a few are smooth which makes pads users a bit hard to pass clean.

Actually, just being able to use a pad to drive is a huge achievement in itself (i just can't do it and I tried for the sake of laziness to mount the rig - at the time)
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds
    The following user likes this Post: TrevorAustin

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm of the opinion that the fast racers will always be fast, no matter what set of controls they're using. The folks that are quick will usually find their way to the front.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: B1ad3runner, Mr Akina, Snowowl

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by bc525 View Post
    I'm of the opinion that the fast racers will always be fast, no matter what set of controls they're using. The folks that are quick will usually find their way to the front.

I am pretty decent, Have sat very high on the LB's in both F5 and now here on P Cars, yet I do not have the coordination apparently to effectively use a pad. I am sure with enough practice I would improve but I really need the Wheel to apply what I actually know and feel when driving.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    If they are really twitchy it could be the connection. That or they haven't found the sweet spot in their controller deadzones, etc.
    I shoot from the hip. Deal with it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Full lock left to right/ right to left with a 2cm stick vs 960degree wheel. Yeah us pad users can sling it around a decent rate ��
    The following user likes this Post: Fanapryde

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    There is no way I can go from wheel to pad at all.
    I have tried it and can drive maybe slowly, but there is just no sensation of anything at all, which takes away the fun/real factor for me.
    So I take my hat off to all the pad users that can control a car and get fast lap times.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 3 users likes this Post: ashasha, Haiden, Pink_650S

Platform
    PS4
    The twitchy behaviour of the cars of pad users is awful!
    1st, it looks dumb and
    2nd, makes overtaking very difficult at times (as the OP already stated)

Genuine question: How come this is a thing and will this be fixed / can it even be fixed?
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fanapryde, nissan4ever

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin R View Post
    If they are really twitchy it could be the connection. That or they haven't found the sweet spot in their controller deadzones, etc.
    Think its more or less 75% connection, 25% contoller/deadzones issues. Always been an issue in online racing.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    MAybe some of the Pad users could chime in, it seems from observing that they can "save" it due to how fast they can make steering inputs. Where I would spin they seem to be able to catch it, also they seem to lock up more yet still slow in time for a corner where If I lock up I go in too deep and end up losing any chance of a good exit.