Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Force Feedback Guide for Project CARS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanuck View Post
    Thanks Jack
    I will accept defeat and learn to live in the dark. I have knobs but cant play with them cos ive been told no one knows what they do.

Thank you for your time .

"If it´s any comfort to you, you´re not alone me included."

And that is from Jack, the only person it seems who is trying to help us.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    And why "The great denial"
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    I tried going through this guide, read the whole thing twice and implemented it. The result was that my wheel malfunctioned and ocellated out of control to the point where I have to reset my wheel calibration and start from scratch.

Come on SMS. We're doing the leg work to get half decent FFB and it's taking up all of our time, when we should be racing! There are only so many wheels that are supported and if it were my game I'd assign a wheel to a man and have some decent default per-car FFB. This is the single biggest negative in the whole game so far and I can't believe it wasn't addressed sooner.

Obviously now I figured id posted this in the wrong section somehow, so ill try here.

So how do you get rid of the wheel self centering its not realistic at all, I've searched the forum, and come up with nothing. The oscillation is worse now around the very center, just ruins it. The Devs programers or whatever you like to be called need to answer up and say if theres any work around on all settings that get rid of this, as of now this is just getting pointless to try and solve.

Step up boys and make some input.... xbox, tx wheel

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Plenty of threads and posts about it, also some workarounds.
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Plenty of threads and posts about it, also some workarounds.
    Probably would have had more responses if id have just come out and said to all that worked on, and approved for release the FFB system do the world a favor and go jump off a high bridge. Pretty simple no body obviously tested it before it went gold for xbox production.

Platform
    PC
    I honestly don't know what to make of it. I can not get my FFB set up in a manner that gives me what I feel is realistic feedback when driving PCars. I gather that some experience this, some do not. I have all Fanatec equipment - it isn't junk. I installed the tweaker files....a little help, not a lot. I use the same equipment, set up the same exact way (wheel and OS settings wise) for iRacing, AC, and the rFactor demo, and it works and feels great. Enter PCars and any car I have driven so far feels like I'm driving with an old non-FFB wheel. No road feel, almost no feel for what the front end or back end is doing. I have spent hours trying to dial up some feel.

I have not driven the latest update yet, but will try in the next few days. But in the meantime.... if there is anyone out there with the PC version, running on 64 bit Windows 8.1, using a Fanatec Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel and Fanatec Clubsport Elite Pedals (V2) who gets a realistic feel out of this game/sim, PLEASE share your settings with me.....
    Dell Intel® Core™ i5-4460 Processor 3.40 GHz
    12GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz; Windows 8.1 (64Bit) English
    EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-Bit GDDR5
    Fanatec Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel with CSR Elite Pedals and shifters
    Single HD monitor 32"; Turtle Beach EarForce XP400 headphones
    The following user likes this Post: GrassCutter

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    What I don't understand is this; why does SMS go to such amazing, painstaking length to model and tune each and every car so that they closely resemble their real-life counterparts, but when it comes to the business-end, a massive part of the whole interaction (barring sound, visuals) with them is going to be through a wheel (for a lot of people) and that apparently is left for the user to just 'make up' how they think the car should feel.

Surely SMS wants each player to experience some specific thing with each car, wants each car to feel different? I know they do. So why not have ANY ffb settings per car per wheel? Sounds like a lot of permutations, but it's not. It could even be narrowed into the 'latest' wheels only, and say car classes. It's akin to SMS releasing this game with their list of cars, each one having exactly the same ride height, gearing, spring rates, downforce etc. But each car has a basic setup that works well under a broad range of tracks. Why not ffb setup as well?

I don't buy this 'it's so so personal' idea: I think that at some level everyone simply wants to feel certain things; what traction to I have in the tyres? Are there cambers on track? Are there bumps? I think these are universally agreeable things that people want to experience.

I only play with a handful of cars in this game, and the reason for that is; if I want to play with an 'unplayed' car it's going to take at least 30 mins to set up the ffb, so do I spend 30 mins restarting free-practice sessions and floating through pit lanes, or do I race with something that works already?
    The following 8 users likes this Post: adamske10, cabelo3d, chase66down, Diablo944, Foolsjester, redruMKO, the-D-, Tomcul

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouyo View Post
    What I don't understand is this; why does SMS go to such amazing, painstaking length to model and tune each and every car so that they closely resemble their real-life counterparts, but when it comes to the business-end, a massive part of the whole interaction (barring sound, visuals) with them is going to be through a wheel (for a lot of people) and that apparently is left for the user to just 'make up' how they think the car should feel.

Surely SMS wants each player to experience some specific thing with each car, wants each car to feel different? I know they do. So why not have ANY ffb settings per car per wheel? Sounds like a lot of permutations, but it's not. It could even be narrowed into the 'latest' wheels only, and say car classes. It's akin to SMS releasing this game with their list of cars, each one having exactly the same ride height, gearing, spring rates, downforce etc. But each car has a basic setup that works well under a broad range of tracks. Why not ffb setup as well?

I don't buy this 'it's so so personal' idea: I think that at some level everyone simply wants to feel certain things; what traction to I have in the tyres? Are there cambers on track? Are there bumps? I think these are universally agreeable things that people want to experience.

I only play with a handful of cars in this game, and the reason for that is; if I want to play with an 'unplayed' car it's going to take at least 30 mins to set up the ffb, so do I spend 30 mins restarting free-practice sessions and floating through pit lanes, or do I race with something that works already?
    I think sms should have a 'pre set optimized ffb' for most used cars, and if someone don't wanna have the real feel, add the option to decrease the level off all ffb forces proportionally. then we won't have to spend hours reading things and testing on tracks
    The following 2 users likes this Post: the-D-, Titzon Toast

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PorcheDad986 View Post
    I have not driven the latest update yet, but will try in the next few days. But in the meantime.... if there is anyone out there with the PC version, running on 64 bit Windows 8.1, using a Fanatec Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel and Fanatec Clubsport Elite Pedals (V2) who gets a realistic feel out of this game/sim, PLEASE share your settings with me.....
    I have the same setup as yours, only I am using Win7 64 bits. You may have noticed that FFB changed drastically with the 1.4 patch. After trying unsuccessfully many suggested setups, and not wanting to rely only on guesswork in case the whole thing changes again with a new patch, I decided to take a different approach and try to reverse-engineer the FFB system to understand what each parameter does. (The Force Feedback Guide, which I hadn't seen before, is a good help, but it is still too technical and convoluted for me.) It is still a work in progress, but I have finally reached a point where PCars became drivable (with Tire Force around 20, not 100). Should you wish to have a look, the thread is http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ferrerid=10621.